February 2013 Moms
Options

Blankets

Hi everyone
I believe this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find it.
Who uses blankets with their LOs. It will be starting to get cold here and last winter we used a sleep sack and just trying to think which way to go.
Thanks!

Re: Blankets

• Options
    We've switched to blankets as of a few months ago -- he sleeps with two that he is ultra-attached to, and this way at least one stays on him throughout the night

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    We added a blanket a few months ago. Most of the time its just something else to cuddle with. She tosses and turns and flips and flops all over so there is no way it would stay on anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We use fleece baby blankets in the kids' cribs. DS will pull it over himself or wrap himself up in it at night. He likes us to lay it over him now when we "tuck him in". DD tends to snuggle up next to or on top of it.

I'll be putting them in fleece footed sleepers for winter but I still want a larger blanket in there I think. If I buy a blanket/quilt made for a toddler bed, is that also the appropriate size for the crib?

TTC since June 2009
    BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
    BFP #2 October 2010 CP
    BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
    IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
    IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
    IUIs #3&4 = BFN
    IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

• Options
    We do. E has his preference, too. He's got to have his snuggle blanket (and he got PISSED OFF that I used one for Amelia today) and he's got one that he likes for a "quilt." I'm going to try to make matching crib quilts for the babies for Christmas, but I'm afraid E won't use his. (Amelia obviously won't use one for many months yet.)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I would like her to use a blanket, but DD is terrified of blankets in her crib. No clue why. For winter we will probably just do layers under footie PJ's and keep the house warmer than usual.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    Em has been using blankies since about 9 months old. He loves his blankies!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    Sleep sacks and/or footed pjs here.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    She sleeps with a blanky, but it's just a thin receiving blanket, not for warmth.  We just use layers under footed PJs.  But I'm in TX, so it really doesn't get super cold here.

I wouldn't be worried about using a blanket, but even my 3 y/o doesn't stay under her covers, so not sure it's practical.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD has a blanket. I end up re-covering her several times through the night, but she really likes to snuggle with it.
  • Options
    He's had a blanket for several months now... Except he likes to take his blanket, pillow, and two stuffies and THROW them out of his crib every night. So he wears a halo sleep sack anyways until this stage passes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We just started doing a blanket a week or two ago. I wasn't worried about it before then, but DD used to HATE having blankets on her, so sleep sacks were the only option. But I decided to give it another try and she seems to like it now, she actually keeps it on her all night!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"