January 2014 Moms

Good bike for a 2 year old

DD received a Target gift card for her birthday and told us she wants to buy a bike. She is bike crazy. She sees the neighbor kids outside with bikes and she says "bike outside" and walks towards the door. We have a Radio Flyer tricycle, but it's too big and the smaller ones are too small for her.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Re: Good bike for a 2 year old

• Get her a scoot bike aka balance bike!  My niece and my neighbor both learned to ride one when they were about 2 1/2 and then they transitioned to a bike with peddles and no training wheels at age 3. 

https://www.target.com/p/kazam-girls-12-balance-bike-pink/-/A-12112416#prodSlot=medium_1_14&term=balance+bike
  • Yes to a balance bike. Just check the seat height on them since they all vary so much. I didn't pay attention to it when I bought my then 2 year old one, she hasn't been able to ride it until a few weeks ago (she's over 3 now). She loves it but just wasn't tall enough.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just
    take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • @holly142 @valigrl21 We looked at a balance bike for her birthday, but we weren't sure if they were a waste if money. Target didn't have any in the store so we will probably take her out on DH's next day off. Toys R Us has them. I do love the pink ones, but she says she wants a blue bike. Thank you ladies! This helped a ton.
    valigrl21holly142
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"