December 2013 Moms

Looking for good NYC dinner suggestions!

DH and I were supposed to go to Salem with friends over Columbus Day weekend, but plans fell through so now the two of us are going to NYC for the weekend by ourselves (without the kids YAAAAAS). Looking for good dinner spots. We are staying in Brooklyn, but don't mind taking a subway/taxi to wherever. We love really any type of food but we always try to hit up a really good Indian place while on vaca because our area is really lacking in quality Indian joints! Thanks for reading all this way and for any suggestions you might have :)

Re: Looking for good NYC dinner suggestions!

• I know I'm missing a few obvious ones, but...

Junoon is yummy, but it's a more modern twist on Indian...

Spice Market is Southeast Asian with an awesome ambiance

Locanda Verde is one of my go to places

Fig & Olive & Oceana are always good 

Pranna has great thai

Tiny's & the Bar Upstairs usually has a good scene and food

Gordon Ramsay's Maze is decent

Bistro Vendome is good French at a decent price

Friend of a Farmer is great, but not sure if you can get a table this late

If you're looking to go more upscale, Daniel, Eleven Madison Park (doubt you'll get a dinner reservation now, but lunch may be available), Jungsik.....

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Thank you, thank you! I will look into them and start calling for reservations! It's been quite a while since I've been to the city, and when I used to go I was in college and eating pizza to save my money for beer. Haha!
  • Loading the player...
  • If you guys want a night out with dancing, Catch in the meat packing district has great seafood, and the upstairs is a really popular dance club

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• Marea and Maialino are my favorite Italian places. Luke's Lobster for the best lobster and crab rolls. The Plaza Food Hall is great for lunch as it has like 20 different stalls/counters you can pick from and then eat at a central table. Two Bro. Pizza on 8th has the best dollar pizza ever. 2 slices and a Coke for 2.50 if you're feeling spendy. Balthazar for French bistro food, plus great raw bar...grab legs are so good. Their brunch is fab too. ABC Kitchen is great and you get to shop ABC Carpet and Home while you're at it. 

We might be there that Monday-Thursday....
  • Marea and Maialino are my favorite Italian places. Luke's Lobster for the best lobster and crab rolls. The Plaza Food Hall is great for lunch as it has like 20 different stalls/counters you can pick from and then eat at a central table. Two Bro. Pizza on 8th has the best dollar pizza ever. 2 slices and a Coke for 2.50 if you're feeling spendy. Balthazar for French bistro food, plus great raw bar...grab legs are so good. Their brunch is fab too. ABC Kitchen is great and you get to shop ABC Carpet and Home while you're at it. 

We might be there that Monday-Thursday....
    Ah, I can't believe I forgot Marea!  I think I was confusing it with Oceana! 

imageimage

• I heard about restaurant on a radio program one day called Georgette Rotisserie, or vice versa. Very basic menu... Chicken, fish, lamb, steak all cooked on a rotisserie but sounded mouth watering.
  • mcncheese said:

I've never actually gone but I've heard great things about Fig & Olive!

Fig&Olive is SO damn good!

SO makes sure we go to Angelo's in Little Italy (Lobster Ravioli) and Grimaldis under the Brooklyn bridge for pizza.
    A Fig & Olive opened in Westchester a little over a year ago; it made me way too happy and we became regulars fast! Even their brunch is yummy!!!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"