January 2014 Moms

What is you LO's nap schedule? Does your LO fall asleep prior to you putting him down?

I'm wondering what your LO's nap schedule is? What is the duration and frequency of naps? Do you put your LO down and let him get himself to sleep or do you wait until your LO falls asleep in your arms before putting him down?

Re: What is you LO's nap schedule? Does your LO fall asleep prior to you putting him down?

• fintinfintin member
    edited September 2014
    One around 930 am hour
    One around 130 pm hour and a half to 2
    And one about 5ish. Cat nap
    I lay her down awake. She sometimes fusses a little but she mainly just goes to sleep.
  • He doesn't really nap at daycare. Maybe two 30 minute naps. At home though he does two 2 hour naps.

• Loading the player...
  • OK so second question: My LO really doesn't take naps. Yesterday, for instance, he only took two 15 minute naps. When I lay him down he loses it. He doesn't fuss- he SCREAMS. So I always pick him back up. I'm worried he is getting overly tired and that is a big reason he is being so, so difficult (having extended 4 hour long witching hours, etc).. Any suggestions? :)
  • We did Sleep Easy for nighttime sleep and modified it for naps at home. Her naps at daycare vary in length but are almost always at the same time. One at 9:30/10am for 30-60 min. Another at 2:30 for 30-60 min. Then a 30 min nap after she gets home. At daycare sometimes she goes down awake, sometimes she doesn't.

At home she always goes down awake. We did "modified" SE in that we did checks when she went down but she didn't have to stay in the crib the full hour. I wasn't concerned with lengthening her naps so much I was with getting her to take them in the crib instead of on me.

FWIW, DD cried pretty loudly when we first started SE at night and when we started doing it for naps, as well. You have taught your DS that when he cries/screams he gets picked up so of course that's what he's going to do. I would suggest either using a sleep learning method or trying to lay him down in decreasing levels of drowsiness. Also, I know some mommas still use the swing for naps.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • OK so second question: My LO really doesn't take naps. Yesterday, for instance, he only took two 15 minute naps. When I lay him down he loses it. He doesn't fuss- he SCREAMS. So I always pick him back up. I'm worried he is getting overly tired and that is a big reason he is being so, so difficult (having extended 4 hour long witching hours, etc).. Any suggestions? :)

When we first started just laying DD down we would do 5 minute intervals. Fuss/cry for 5 minutes then I would go in the room and put her pass back in and walk out. With no or minimal eye contact haha. Then again after another 5 minutes. I had to fight the want to pick her up but after 10 to 15 minutes she fell alseep.
  • At home dd starts to get cranky after being awake for about 3 hours so I try to do naps then. She gets a bottle and usually falls asleep then I lay her down. Naps are around 45 min to 1 hour 15 min.

At daycare she supposedly takes one nap from 12:30-3:00.
  • My naps are now all over the place. We use to do 3 naps, 9am, noon and 3 pm. But after the last sleep regression it's more like 10am ish, and whenever he passes out of exhaustion before 4pm.

• 2 naps:
    - one at 9:30am (usually lasts 1.5 - 2 hours)
    - one at 2:00pm (usually lasts 1 - 1.5 hrs)
    He nurses fully to sleep and then I lay him down in his crib.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One morning nap that lasts anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 and a half hours
    One afternoon nap that's the same as the morning
    And depending on what time she wakes from her last nap she may take a little cat nap around 5-6.

We just transitioned all naps to the crib this week. She's been in the crib at night for a few months now.

We put her down asleep and so far it's working well as she goes down easily and quickly most times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He doesn't really nap at daycare. Maybe two 30 minute naps. At home though he does two 2 hour naps.
    This is my baby to a T.  How does he sleep at night?  Where do you put him down for night and naps?  Could it be that he just doesn't like where you are putting him down at?  Try putting him down while he is still happy.  He might play for 10-15 minutes but then fall asleep on his own. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited September 2014
    fintin said:

One around 930 am hour
    One around 130 pm hour and a half to 2
    And one about 5ish. Cat nap
    I lay her down awake. She sometimes fusses a little but she mainly just goes to sleep.

This except DS 2nd nap is a short one.

• Nap at 10am, 1pm, and 5pm every day. Naps are anywhere from 45min to 1.5 hrs long, and he's never fallen asleep prior to be putting him down (I'm assuming you mean falling asleep while playing or eating or something?)

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"