Infertility

Warning. Rant. Disillusionment. Children mentioned. IF mentioned. IUI mentioned. IVF mentioned.

Great. So what good is a forum if you have to jump through so many hoops and meet such specific criteria that you end up not feeling welcome anywhere?

"Oh, I am sorry that you have been diagnosed with secondary infertility.... And I am sorry you dont have any one close by to talk to about it... And that you are desperately looking for people to talk to that can understand what you are going through.... but unfortunately we strongly recommend you dont join us if you are in the 2ww (which I am guessing are the waiting weeks) or if it is your first IUI cycle.... find another forum! Good luck!"

And what happens when every forum has the same replies?

-dont post here if you already have a child 
-dont post here if you are doing iuis instead of ivfs, even if you are diagnosed with infertility
-dont post here if you are just having trouble ttc and havent had tests done yet

What is the point of having forums if you are not welcome anywhere?

And no, my son is not a bastard! (like someone mentioned in a group earlier)

Re: Warning. Rant. Disillusionment. Children mentioned. IF mentioned. IUI mentioned. IVF mentioned.

• MargritliMargritli member
    edited September 2014
    **siggy warning**

I am sorry that you are feeling so hurt. I used to be active on this board, but have moved over to PAIF. I still lurk here, because the women were so supportive when we were going through IVF I assume that your post is referring to the info at the top of the board. In general, the women here are very welcoming, but the info helps point people in the right direction, because there are a lot of boards on the Bump, which are the same. There is, in fact, even a secondary infertility board on the Bump (click "The Bump Message Boards" and go to "Secondary IF"), where you might find women in the same situation as you. There are even women here who are dealing with Secondary IF, but on this board, children are just not usually talked about (or at least a warning is included) here. 

Unfortunately, like anywhere on the internet, there are some bullies around (though rarely on this board) and I am sorry if one of them insulted you. 

In order to get off to a good start, you might consider rewording your intro. I am sure the women here or on Secondary IF would be a great support network, but getting off to a good start is really important. IF can be really lonely and emotional. I hope that you are able to find the support you need. 

Me: 28, DH: 35
    DX: Severe MFI, AZFc Microdeletion
    TTC since August 2011
    IVF w/ ICSI 1: Dec. 2013 - BFN
    FET 1.2: Mar. 2014 - BFN
    FET 1.3: May 2014 - BFN
    FET 1.4: June 2014 - BFP
    Two little buns in the oven. 
    Bake until March 2015, little ones. 

"Life will be clearer around me.
     Life will be more burdensome for me. 
    Life will be richer for me." 
    -Rudolf Steiner
  • Loading the player...
  • Keep in mind it's not necessarily people wanting to "kick you out" of a group, but you might not get any support from a bunch of women doing IVF ( as in 'infertility' forum) simply because they might not know as much about IUIs. I only did one IUI before IVF. Some women don't even try IUIs before IVF.
    It really would be a disservice to you. I don't really know what happened to you, but forums are groups of people talking about mostly one thing. If you're doing IUIs, you will have more support in 'trouble trying to conceive' the names of the groups are just semantics. Good luck in your journey, sorry you're in this situation.
  • So far I think you have gotten some pretty dope guidance. 3T a Sibling is newer, but likely right up your alley with people in very similar situations to yourself.

Specifically here, on IF, you will find the majority of us have moved on to IVF, never had children, are trying our darnedest,  and can have really bad days where pictures and discussions surrounding current children can be very painful.

The guides for where to go aren't really meant to exclude, but more to give you a feel for what to expect, and to guide everyone to the forum they are most likely to feel completely comfortable in.

Good luck in your TTC journey. :)
  • I am sorry for your trouble.

A single poster's poor interpretation of "7 y/o BB" should not condemn the whole community, particularly since the comment was not on this board and BB is not listed in any glossary of abbreviations I can find on TheBump (link in the "read me first" post on this board).

As PPs said, the suggestion to check out Secondary Infertility and Trouble Trying to Conceive were meant to help you find people situations more similar to yours, not to tell you that you are unwelcome here. If you found 2IF too unwelcoming, read the intro rules for TTTC and intro there. Just keep in mind that many of us on TTTC or IF are still waiting for our first successful pregnancy. Some have been waiting for years.

All we ask is that you give a heads-up if you mention a sensitive subject. You want people to be considerate of your situation and polite to you. We simply ask that you treat other board members that way, too.

***siggy warning***

Me: 29; DH: 53
    TTC since February 2013 --- mild thin PCOS (or not, depending on which RE you ask), MFI

TI#1: BFN (April 2014; Clomid 50mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Clomid 50 mg x4 days)
    IUI#1: c/p (May 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x10 days)
    IUI#2: abandoned... O'd early & DH hormone issues (June 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x2 days)
    IUI#2.1: BFN (July 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x4 days)

Moving on to IVF. (Why we're moving on to IVF)

IVF#1 (w/ICSI): BCP 9/9-9/23. Gonal-F, Ganirelix, Low-dose HCG (antagonist protocol). 41R/35M/32F... 2 transferred on 10/14, 14 frosties! On cabergoline to help avoid OHSS. BFN, possibly because of 90% drop in estrogen and progesterone a few days after ET.
    FET#1: Transferring 2 on January 8. BFP! beta#1 (1/17): 408, beta#2 (1/20): 1310, first u/s scheduled 2/5

image    image
  • The rules are there to direct people to the best board for them and to protect active participants of any particular board.  For example, someone clearly ignored the READ ME and just posted a photo fo their pregnancy test in a separate thread.
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • See, here I am utterly confused because I hadn't even read the board rules close enough apparently, but people still answered my questions, quite nicely and supportively too, even though I haven't moved on to IVF. I'm biding my time with IUI until enough weigh is lost. I never bothered posting but once in the TTC after 35 board. Most of the posts in TTC after 35 seemed to be people doing it naturally. I never posted on Trouble TTC because there weren't a whole lot of medication mentioned on there. So I brought my questions here. When I posted here there was support galore. Oddly, there were when I just checked that board today. Granted, my very first post was haggered and panicked but people here have been nice to me ever since. Not one person has told me to get out because I don't belong. Reread some of the posts on your question with a different view point, don't let one that may have been negative spoil others that may have just been trying to share the rules with you. Lots of the ladies here peruse several board because they've gone through all the steps and are some where along the process line knowing they get blurry sometimes. Breath deep. A couple times. 
    *bfp mentioned*
    Me: 38. Diagnosed PCOs 09, took 'em long enough. Low Thyroid 13.
    SO: 41. Diabetic. We are not married yet in the legal sense. 
    Together since Feb 09. TTC since Jan 11.
    6 Clomid cycles. Mostly BFN one BFP but chemical Aug 12.
    IUI #1-3 Menopur and Ovidrel BFN. 
    IUI #4 Gonal-F and Ovidrel BFN.
    IUI #5 Gonal-F and Ovidrel BFP 9/15 
    Maternit21 all clear and a boy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LynnLee7LynnLee7 member
    edited September 2014

I think you started off on the wrong foot with the boards, each board has a **Read First** to direct you if that board is for you, and most boards request that you give the other members an intro with a short back story of who you are, what you've been through, and what your going through, so that we may relate, offer advice, welcome you, and just plainly get to know you.  With that being said most boards will welcome you with open arms but you have to RESPECT the board AND the women there with warnings (Do your research)!!  These women are already giving you advice and trying to point you in the right direction, and you are clearly not taking it how it is intended. One ignorant person's misinterpretation of BB (which I think you made up that acronym because I cant find it anywhere else) does not represent the whole community!! If you are offended, take it up with them, its not community business or delete the post. I agree with @IFinTN Good Luck, Here's some links that may help you:

Trouble Trying to Conceive a Sibling

https://forums.thebump.com/categories/trouble-ttc-sibling

Bump Glossary/Acronyms

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12186444/badges-siggy-help-acronyms

**********SIGGY WARNING**********ALL WELCOME**********

Me:31   DH:32   TTC:5+ years  Twins:via IVF 5/21/2015  TwinlessTwin/Angel Baby:9/14/15  Fur Babies:2
    Struggled with infertility, hubby was in the military. TTC since Jun08 (on and off due to deployments, training, and relocating). We did the "white dress" wedding Nov09. Hubby came home, medically retired USAF July, 4th 2010. OBGYN#1
    Oct10-Dec12: All paps and exams normal, TTC naturally, tracked OV,CM,BBT. OBGYN#2 Jan13-Sept13:Second opinion, tested everything, Several rounds Clomid50mg, all BFN. Laparoscopy for Endometriosis, Cysts removed, Tubes untwisted, HSG clear, Scarring left ovary and tubes. Jan14-Aug14 Cycle of Lupron, Several more rounds of Clomid 50mg all BFN. Began IVFSept14-RE in CLE:) CD1(9/28). Stimming began 10/1 Microdose Lupron Protocol (150Follistim/AM,150Menopur/PM,20Lupron 2xDay). 7follies(right) 3follies(left). Trigger 10/10(10,000HCG). ER 10/12(5R,4M,4F). ET 10/15 Transferred two perfect Embies(8cell/9cell). Beta #1(14dp3d/4w) 362 BFP/Beta #2(21dp3dt/5w) 8,273/First Ultrasound(6w4d)11-12 confirmed twin pregnancy. Ultrasound Jan15 G/G di/di twins. PROM 33w4d emergency C/S. BabyA:3lb12oz,18in (45dayNICU), BabyB:4lb5oz,17in (30dayNICU). Lost BabyB to SIDS 9/14/15. BabyA is my whole world but struggles in the 1% delayed development, with many other health problems.

• I introduced myself to 3 or so boards before I found the right one too and this one only fits part of the things I would like to chat about. So I get that. Hope you find a board that fits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"