TTC after 35

I have some doctor questions

I do not currently have an ob/gyn or an RE.  My RE, who I loved, moved far away, and the ob/gyn that I like does not take new patients unless they are OB patients (several weeks along).

A friend had recommended my current dr., a family practictioner,  and he is knowledgable about PCOS (moreso than my past two ob/gyn's) but he does not handle deliveries, etc.  I plan to ask my dr. at the next appointment what his recommendations for dr's are once we start TTC but I also wanted to get some other perspectives.  I'm currently on the pill because without it the weight gain, acne, mood swings etc. are bad,  so I know I'm not going to have any surprise pregnancies. DH would love to take a "see what happens" approach to getting pregnant, I think to avoid the stress.  Last time I had sought out the RE right away because I was concerned about the chance of miscarriage (rightfully so I guess), and after doing bloodwork he didn't think that I would get pregnant without some help so that's why we went with the letrozole almost right away.  I am trying to lose weight and have started metformin so I don't know if there's a chance that I could be more succesful in unmedicated attempts in the future...but even so I'm worried about monitoring the progesterone levels if I were to become pregnant as I've needed supplements in the past. Does that make sense?

I guess I don't know if I should find a new RE to go to right away, or just a new ob/gyn - or if I go to the RE and then try to get into the ob/gyn that I like? Or just stick with the regular dr. and start ttc on our own?

What would you do and how do you go about finding a new doctor without broadcasting it to your friends and family that you are TTC?

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

Re: I have some doctor questions

• I'm sorry if that was super long winded....

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• IFinTN said:
    Also, even when I was normal BMI I did not ovulate. Losing weight does not always fix PCOS.
    I know, a girl can hope though right. Thanks for the link! 

*Siggy Warning*

• Loading the player...
  • I would go and search for an RE. I think it will save you a step later on when you find out again that you need help TTC, then have to search for an RE then. If you need IUIs or medicated cycles you really want to do that with an RE to be properly monitored.
  • First, welcome!  Others have more personal experience/knowledge with Pcos and RE assistance, but if I had a known diagnosis and were ttc I'd go the RE route.
  • thanks ladies. Sometimes I think I know the answer to my own question but need the confirmation from other people going through it.

*Siggy Warning*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"