April 2015 Moms

Any good book suggestions?

Good Morning,
I am 8 weeks and 3 days with our first little one. My husband and I have never really been actively involved with a lot of babies so all of this is really new and a little overwhelming. Would anyone have any suggestions on good books to read for both of us? I thought maybe that would be a good place to start and would help to calm both of us a bit.

Thanks for any help! Have a nice day!

Re: Any good book suggestions?

• Thanks! I didn't see that function on the mobile version. I'll look around and find it. :)
  • ally3242ally3242 member
    edited September 2014
    I read what to expect (read is an exaggeration, I skimmed the pages). I felt like I got a lot more out of the parenting classes I took that were offered through our hospital. They had all kinds of different classes to choose from. I would recommend asking your nurse or OB if they offer any classes at your next appointment. I just felt like being hands on was so much more helpful than reading.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much! I'll have lots to read later now.
  • I'm 8 weeks and 2 days with my first!! I'm reading What to Expect & another book I really like called "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" - it's pretty straightforward (things your friends will tell you that Drs won't). Both have been helpful!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My husband read the cave mans guide to pregnancy. It was pretty amusing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"