January 2014 Moms
Options

Has it been a blur?

Anyone with me? I seriously feel like the past 8 months have been a blur. I barely remember DD when she was a little chitlin. Maybe it's bc I have a now 3 yr old that takes up most of my time, but I can't remember most things about the first (almost) year of her life. It's like I'm going thru the motions and not enjoying the moment. I blame it on exhaustion and just trying to get thru the day with everyone in tact!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Has it been a blur?

• Options
    It's gone by super fast. I feel like just yesterday we were bringing him home and tonight he took 6 steps across the floor (read: mommy is not ready for this). It doesn't help that DD turns 2 on Thursday. I really can't believe that.

Idk where all the time has gone....
  • Options
    Yup very very fast . I have 6 kids and every time those first few month zoom by ! Mind you ... Even the years go by very quick
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It does go so fast! DS is going to be a year old at the end of next month already!
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    Way too fast. I'm trying to soak it all up but it makes me sad she already doesn't need me for some things anymore. (Feeding herself, reaching objects...)
  • Options
    I'm a FTM so no older kids and the last 8 months have just flown by. I was even telling my friend she already seems like more of toddler than a baby anymore. I see pics of newborn babies and I can't believe that was DD just 8 month ago!
  • Options
    karah4816karah4816 member
    edited September 2014
    Yep. Mine are almost 10 months and I really can't believe it. I feel like having twins keeps me so busy that I'm missing things. It doesn't help that I still get no sleep. But I just can't believe that I've started planing their first birthday

imageimage

• Options
    Yep, it seems like this time is went way faster. I can't believe how old these babies are.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes yes yes. DS is my first and I feel like time needs to slow the F down. It's seriously very exciting all the things things our LOs are learning but very sad how fast their growing. DS started crawling a few weeks and today he is climbing stairs and walking with a walker. This stinker is going to be walking soon. Nooooooo, I want him to crawl longer, ha ha!!!!
  • Options
    Yes, it's a complete blur. I don't know where the time has gone, though truly, I say that about the last 4 years since DD was born.

• Options
    Yes is it flying by, even with the nightly wake ups. It's exciting to think about him being older but sad at the same time. I also feel he's closer to toddlerhood everyday.

• Options
    I was just reminiscing this weekend how tiny DS used to be. Then I broke out the album we had made of his newborn pics when he was 5 days old! Then I remember the fit I had that day because my milk had just come in and I was busting through every shirt I own like Kirstie Alley in Look Who's Talking. Good times! Now I'm going to book his 8 month session!!! My lil man is growing up so fast! :((
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It really has been a blur. When DDs reflux is at its worst, we have days that seem to go on forever until she is feeling better again, but even with that, I cannot believe how fast the last 7.5 months have gone. 

• Options
    chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited September 2014
    itsmeally said:

Agreed. I was staring at EG as she was falling asleep and thought, "she's starting to look more like a toddler than a baby". I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's what was running through my head. And then I cried a little.

I can so relate, as I was rocking and feeding DS last night I kept thinking wow how much bigger he is in my arms, not this little baby anymore looking more like a little boy. I also had a few tears.
    EDit: hit post before done
    :((
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"