Infertility
Options

The Chinese Finger Trap of POAS or not POAS

Hello all. Finally made the end of this 2ww. Now I come to the point where I wonder if I should POAS and put myself out of misery or just wait for the most likely depressing phone call tomorrow afternoon. Through 4 other IUIs I have discovered that everything that gave me hope was progesterone playing with my mind, boobs, stomach, bladder, autonomic nerve system and whatever else it wanted to. I have become very anti-POAS after 6 months of OPK testing that showed that nil was going on in Ovaryland. Just 1 chemical pregnancy has made me ultra leery of any answer I get at home. I find myself in a very ho-hum blah place awaiting bad news and wanting the news to come faster, to just be done so I can move on to the next month. I have 2 tests but purposefully placed them way way back in the cabinet. *sigh* I know this is a process and sometimes a long process but it never feels that way to me until I'm a week into the wait over thinking every little step I've already made. It's like a odd puzzle that only has a 8% chance of being solved in a happy way.
*bfp mentioned*
Me: 38. Diagnosed PCOs 09, took 'em long enough. Low Thyroid 13.
SO: 41. Diabetic. We are not married yet in the legal sense. 
Together since Feb 09. TTC since Jan 11.
6 Clomid cycles. Mostly BFN one BFP but chemical Aug 12.
IUI #1-3 Menopur and Ovidrel BFN. 
IUI #4 Gonal-F and Ovidrel BFN.
IUI #5 Gonal-F and Ovidrel BFP 9/15 
Maternit21 all clear and a boy!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: The Chinese Finger Trap of POAS or not POAS

• Options
    I like to POAS the day before beta. I don't do it sooner because I don't want to wait days u til my beta. And I don't go beta or bust because I cant receive that news at work, I would rather do it at home with my husband.

It's all personal preference though.
  • Options
    Agree with the above two. I like to have a heads up.

***siggy warning***

Me: 29; DH: 53
    TTC since February 2013 --- mild thin PCOS (or not, depending on which RE you ask), MFI

TI#1: BFN (April 2014; Clomid 50mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Clomid 50 mg x4 days)
    IUI#1: c/p (May 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x10 days)
    IUI#2: abandoned... O'd early & DH hormone issues (June 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x2 days)
    IUI#2.1: BFN (July 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x4 days)

Moving on to IVF. (Why we're moving on to IVF)

IVF#1 (w/ICSI): BCP 9/9-9/23. Gonal-F, Ganirelix, Low-dose HCG (antagonist protocol). 41R/35M/32F... 2 transferred on 10/14, 14 frosties! On cabergoline to help avoid OHSS. BFN, possibly because of 90% drop in estrogen and progesterone a few days after ET.
    FET#1: Transferring 2 on January 8. BFP! beta#1 (1/17): 408, beta#2 (1/20): 1310, first u/s scheduled 2/5

image    image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went beta or bust last time and was devastated.  Definitely POAS this time before beta.
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Options
    I am a pee-er. Just am. When I was doing fresh cycles I tested out the trigger the started up again 5dp5dt. With my frozen cycle I got the faintest of faint positives the afternoon of 4dp5dt. I found it helpful because then when I started bleeding heavily I knew that the beta would tell me pregnant even though I wasn't.
  • Options
    I went beta or bust this last cycle and I was an emotional wreck. It took copious amounts of wine to feel better. This time I will POAS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January & February: 2 IUIs, BFN
    March:  IUI, ectopic, 2 surgeries with 1 tube removed
    May - July: 3 more IUIs, all BFN, on to IVF
    August: IVF#1, BFN
    September:  FET#1, BFP!!!
    It's a girl!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was wrong about it being a depressing phone call, it was a stunner. Now I just to have to think happy thoughts for 8 more weeks. And I still haven't POAS, though I might now just to watch it happen for all the others that didn't.
    *bfp mentioned*
    Me: 38. Diagnosed PCOs 09, took 'em long enough. Low Thyroid 13.
    SO: 41. Diabetic. We are not married yet in the legal sense. 
    Together since Feb 09. TTC since Jan 11.
    6 Clomid cycles. Mostly BFN one BFP but chemical Aug 12.
    IUI #1-3 Menopur and Ovidrel BFN. 
    IUI #4 Gonal-F and Ovidrel BFN.
    IUI #5 Gonal-F and Ovidrel BFP 9/15 
    Maternit21 all clear and a boy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! :)
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    **Lurker coming in**

what is the earliest date after the transfer that I should even consider POAS. my 1st beta is Friday AM.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you Viola!  I feel lost in here still. 

& (I searched all over to find PUPO. can you explain? it's not in the acronym list) tia-

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    thank you!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"