Thanksgiving birthday! — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Thanksgiving birthday!

Hi everyone!

My daughter will be one on Thanksgiving!! I'm having a hard time deciding on a theme.  I want to make it a special day for her, while observing the holiday.  I am also at a loss as to what gift is appropriate for a 1 year old.  Since she's so young, I know that the idea of gifts isn't important to her.  I'm thinking one educational toy and one "fun" toy. Thoughts/ideas?  PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

kimnykk !1st time mommy!

Answers

• The theme of my daughter's first birthday was bugs because she had a bunch of caterpillar toys that she loved.

We gave her a pop up tent with a tunnel and ball pit balls. We also gave her some stuffed Disney princesses.

She received from other people:
    Clothes in bigger sizes (which is awesome because she can use them this year)

Dolls

Wagon for her dolls

Vtech shape toy

Vtech alphabet toy

Musical train

Cd for in the car

Hope this helps!
  • My Daughter was born on Thanksgiving last year so this year her 1st birthday will be on the friday after Thanksgiving.  

I also struggled a bit with the birthday theme given the holiday is so close, but I ended up picking "teddy bear picnic" as our theme.  Mostly because my mother has a TON of teddy bears that she uses to decorate her house for the holidays and I knew she would be bringing them out soon.  

I don't know that you need to make the theme of the birthday tie into Thanksgiving, but I wouldn't make the theme "beach party" or something that is very far removed from the holiday/time of year. 

Good luck!
    imageimage

TTC #1** Went off BCP July 2011

Me: 31 DH:31

Jan 2012 Dx PCOS by OB/Gyn

July 2012 - Tests with RE confirmed PCOS and annovulation

2 rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's using clomid + injectibles. 

Surprise BFP while on break cycle due to cysts.  It's a girl! Baby "E" born on Thanksgiving Day 11/28/13

• Loading the player...
  • My son was born on thanksgiving last year also. We are having his bday party the week before so his theme has nothing to do with the holiday. Honestly, I never even thought of incorporating it until I saw this post. Haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards