Recommendation for wonderful home daycare in Hillcrest/Mission Hills — The Bump
San Diego Babies

Recommendation for wonderful home daycare in Hillcrest/Mission Hills

I am posting to recommend Diana's Daycare, a small, in-home daycare in Hillcrest/Mission Hills. I could not be happier with Diana, who has cared for my son, now 14 months, for a year. From day 1, she treated my child as if he were one of her own - she pays close attention to him and the other baby she cares for (who is about 9 months old), and immediately put me as ease by being the grandmother he never had. (To be fair, my son has two very lovely grandmothers, but neither of them live in the area.) After visiting about a dozen daycare centers, and even enrolling my son in one but promptly pulling him when it seemed that the caregivers weren't really interacting with him, I was lucky enough to find Diana.

She has run a daycare for 30+ years; her apartment is tidy and clean, she's licensed, and she clearly loves her charges. Added bonus: she's from Italy and speaks to my baby in Italian all day. (Plus she makes homemade pasta for him every now and then.) I am unfortunately moving out of state so she is available to take another baby (ages 0-2), and charges $200/week for full-time care. She lives on Bush Street, near Goldfinch, and her hours are 7:00-4:30. If interested, please contact her directly at 619-255-8224.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards