May 2015 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

This message is brought to you by Texas heat and mosquitoes.

My UO is that I despise the heat/hot weather. If I could, I would live somewhere with temperatures barely getting above 70. Bring on the "cold" weather!

imageimageimage

September Signature Challege (May 2015 BMB):

LEAFING!

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    What?! No other UO? Everyone must be feeling pretty blissful today ;)

• Options
    My kids are going to have my last name. And, shocker, my fiancé is taking my name too.

We got into a HUGE fight with his mom last night about it. She was drunk, and belligerent, and thought he was "throwing away his past". ...a past and a family name that she divorced herself away from...

ALSO I saw my future brother in law feed his one year old KoolAid the other day. My opinion was apparently written on my face and everyone jumped down my throat accusing me of judgment.
    Favorite fall activity: roasting pumpkin seeds!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This message is brought to you by Texas heat and mosquitoes.

My UO is that I despise the heat/hot weather. If I could, I would live somewhere with temperatures barely getting above 70. Bring on the "cold" weather!

I've lived in Texas since I was five and I HATE THE HEAT. I can't believe I moved back here after college. 104 heat index today in Austin. WTF.

• Options
    @katnhiding if that ever happened to me, I too would be afraid.
    >:D<

imageimageimage

LEAFING!

• Options
    I also don't care what others give their kids. I feed mine myself and everyone else takes care of theirs. And then we'd all be fine.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @robotpcr I don't really like ice cream. I will eat it occasionally, but I never really *want* it. I don't really like sweets, I eat the really dark bitter chocolate when I do and I put salt on my dark chocolate brownies.

imageimageimage

LEAFING!

• Options
    I think early 2D ultrasounds look like gummy bears on a keychain

• Options
    @sassypants150 I also dislike potlucks. It is always the worst idea.

imageimageimage

LEAFING!

• Options
    I never said I didn't have strange tastes! ;) Also, don't knock it 'til you try it. You may be surprised!

imageimageimage

LEAFING!

• Options
    Unless it's pumpkin pie I absolutely hate anything pumpkin flavored. Especially pumpkin spiced lattes, they are the worst. 

• Options
    My mother in law and I have an awesome relationship but only when I'm pregnant does her yawns bug me!!! She'll yawn and afterwards say "ho ho ho hum" EVERY TIME it never bothered me while not pregnant! Lol these hormones
  • Options
    I like salt on watermelon :)
  • Options

tinawinks said:

My kids are going to have my last name. And, shocker, my fiancé is taking my name too.

We got into a HUGE fight with his mom last night about it. She was drunk, and belligerent, and thought he was "throwing away his past". ...a past and a family name that she divorced herself away from...

Does she have any daughters and does she tell them the same thing?

She only has sons. I think that has something to do with it. I gave a pretty impassioned speech about matrilineal kinship.

• Options
    @tinawinks‌ Yes!! I love that opinion! I am so cheering you on! I didn't change my last name (because I just can't... I refuse to take part in any remnant of the tradition of passing a woman on as property from one man to another. Not that I judge anyone who does take their husbands last name, I just don't personally care to participate in the tradition).

My personal vote was for us to both take a new combined last name, but that was a UO in my house... H thought it was too weird. So we are informally hyphenating our last names (but not changing them legally) when baby comes, and baby will have a hyphenated name.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I tried it, still weird. I don't like sweet and salty or sweet and savory together though.

I concur! Keep your salty away from my sweets! Yuck!

• Options
    Is a UO kind of like a confession? cuz my confession is that I can't figure out what UO stands for... :P
  • Options
    I think Taylor Swift is growing on me and I'm afraid. That's more of a confession than an opinion. Someone hold me.

@katnhiding I feel the same way.
    >:D<
  • Options
    Is a UO kind of like a confession? cuz my confession is that I can't figure out what UO stands for... :P
    @Dayn070104 - it stands for Unpopular Opinion.  Tomorrow will be FFFC - flame free Friday confessions!
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    @katnhiding - too funny. I took too long typing out her screen name and making sure I got the numbers right!
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    Thanks ladies ;)
  • Options
    I love Taylor Swift and always have.

Me: 30   DH: 29
    TTC since 2010
    Oct. 2012 HSG: One blocked tube, one clear
    Oct. 2012 U/S: All good
    March 2014 SA: Flying Colors

April  2014: Met our RE/Got our plan!
    May 2014: laparoscopy/hysteroscopy removed stage II endometriosis
    June 2014: IUI w/100mg Clomid (BFN)
    July 2014: IUI w/100mg Clomid (BFN)
    August 2014: IUI w/100mg Clomid (BFP!)
    September 2014: Beta 1 at 14 DPIUI: 100
    September 2014 Beta 2 at 16 DPIUI: 239
    September 2014: Beta 3 at 23 DPIUI: 3,159
    U/S 9/26: One healthy baby! Measuring 1 day ahead and a FHR of 119 @ 6W4D (EDD May 18)
    U/S 10/26 (first OBGYN visit): Measuring 1 day behind and a FHR of 160 @ 8 weeks. Looks like an upside-down Teddy Graham!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This generally seems to be an unpopular opinion on TB. 

I don't do it personally (mostly because I have been TTC, pregnant, or nursing) juice, but I am a full juicer supporter. DH has been on a full or partial juice diet for the better part of 3 years now. He has lost an amazing amount of weight and kept it off even when eating food again. He gained some weight back when DS was born because we were just not equipped to cook the types of meals he needed to keep the weight off, but he's back to it again and it makes me so proud.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options
    @OnceinlovewithAmy You can have all of my salty chocolates if I get the caramel ones with no salt. See keeping us salty chocolate haters around is good for you because more for you. ;)
    damn.  You have a point.

Alright.  I guess you can stay ;)

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• Options
    The only sweet thing I don't like salt with is watermelon. Otherwise bring the salt. Blueberries with soy yogurt and sea salt? Bliss.

• Options
    I hate watermelon. All melon. And I won't eat fruit salad with melon in it because it all tastes like melon. I can't wait for summer to be over so my ILs quit buying melon and feeding it to my son.

Sorry that got passionate.

BabyFruit Ticker

M/C 5w6d 6.25.14
    Hoping for a rainbow!

• Options
    tinawinks said:

The only sweet thing I don't like salt with is watermelon. Otherwise bring the salt. Blueberries with soy yogurt and sea salt? Bliss.

Booo. That's the only sweet thing I eat with salt

:P
  • Options
    Probably not a huge UO, but, I'm not down with the whole youneek naming trend. I'm sure there will be some on our board too...
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    CTri17 said:
    Probably not a huge UO, but, I'm not down with the whole youneek naming trend. I'm sure there will be some on our board too...
    Me either!

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

• Options
    ramy3695 said:
    You should check out the Baby Names Board. We have very strong opinions about youneek names.
    That's the only reason I ever wander over to Baby Names. Youneek names is one of my biggest annoyances. I just wish people would think about their children in school, as adults in the business world. Every name doesn't have to be classic or average, but some are just too far out there for words.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options
    smile55k said:
    I love me some T-swift too. But her new song kinda annoys me. Sweet and salty are amazing- salted caramel mocha at Starbucks is a prime example!
    I love salted caramel it is amazing.  I didn't realize I loved sweet and salty until salted caramel became popular.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"