Pregnant after 35

Well, I didn't expect to be here! IUD pregnancy

I will be 37 in November, Have 2 gorgeous daughters, 3 and 6. I was recently divorced from a D Bag after 13 years of marriage-
I had the Copper IUD put in June 23rd, checked July 23rd, had a period Aug 1st.....I'm now 5w5d pregnant. Just had a scan and its not in the tubes ( higher risk with IUD) they saw an empty Sack- she told me its normal but to come back in 2 weeks to make sure something is developing.

I've been with the baby's daddy for 6 weeks. Not long enough to know if its forever kind of thing. I was stunned. I took the test to alleviate a "feeling" I had and it was YES+ at 26 days. I honestly don't know how to feel.  I thought I was done having kids. It took 7 years to conceive my 1st, so this is Truly surprising.  

Re: Well, I didn't expect to be here! IUD pregnancy

• Congrats and best wishes in this journey.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Wow.  That's pretty surprising.  I'm going to say congrats even though you have a lot to work out.  And welcome to the board.

Have you told the daddy?  Are you going to?  Good luck with your pregnancy and all else!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and congratulations. What a surprise!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome and congrats!  Good luck as you sort through things- it will all work out in whatever way is best for you. 

I'm not going to lie- my heart skipped a beat a little when you said that you were using a copper IUD b/c I'm thinking of getting one after this baby arrives bc we are done having kids and it seems like it would be a little easier than taking the pill every day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations!
    When I was in the hospital having Spencer, my nurse told me a little sorry about IUD's. Apparently there was one woman who had and IUD and ended up pregnant. I guess they couldn't remove the IUD at that point so they decided to take care of it after she had the baby. Well, baby had a different idea and when he was born, he came out holding the IUD in his hand! Ironic, no?
    NeonNoonSamuelismomma lib1974Dancerppf
  • OMGosh!  That is crazy!  Please keep us up to date on how things are going for you.  I can imagine you're kinda freaked out!!

Good luck with it all!!

@ChrisB - That is ironic! Crazy story!!
    1/1997 - DS
    9/1998 - Ectopic :: 4/2001 - M/C :: 8/2006 - Ectopic :: 4/2007 - M/C :: 8/2008 - Ectopic
    4/2010 - DD
    4/2012 - M/C
    6/2014 - Surprise Pregnancy at 42 yrs old! EDD 2/16/2015
    6/9 +HPT :: 6/10 hCG 383 :: 6/12 hCG 1190 :: 6/17 hCG 8224, Prog 26.4
    6/24 U/S #1 showing 6w2d CRL .43cm w/HB! :: 7/7 U/S #2 CRL 1.73cm w/strong HB!!
    7/31 NT Scan U/S #3 CRL 49mm, HB160 | MaterniT21 - Negative!!
    TEAM PINK
    9/2 - AFP Panel - Negative | U/S #4 HB150
    10/1 Anatomy U/S #5 | HB 134 | CPCs found, Trisomy 18 ruled out w/Mat21 on 7/31 | all other development normal!

11/24 - Glucose was normal at 94
    12/23 - BPP U/S #6 HB 138 :: 12/30 - BPP U/S #7 HB 159 :: 1/5 - BPP U/S #8 HB 154
    1/12 BPP/Growth U/S #9 HB 129, weighs 5lb 12oz already w/ 4 weeks to go!!
    1/20 BPP/Growth U/S#10 HB 155, weight 6lb 9oz :: 1/26 BPP U/S#11 HB153 :: 2/2 BPP U/S #12 HB 137 :: 2/9 BPP U/S #13 HB 150
    :::::::::: 2/12 - INDUCTION DAY!! ::::::::::
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats! Welcome and good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Welcome and good luck sorting things out...
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Congrats and welcome!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Wow meant to be. Congratulations!
  • Holy Cow this why I want my DH to get the big V!!!  Although my DD#3's Godmother and Godfather had their DS#4 as an IUD baby and then had a vasectomy and ended up PG with #5 after the vasectomy!! 

GL to you!   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

Dancerppf
  • Wow. Well a baby is abay. Your emotions will work themselves out. Hopefully the "baby daddy" will or has responded well to the news. Welcome to the TB!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"