LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

What do you have on your mind today? Show us your 10 things! :D
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options
    1. Y'all! If you haven't seen this yet, check it out. Melt me. https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/iowa-women-married-72-years-25337909

2. Work week started off well for the silliest of reasons - our remodeled bathrooms on my floor just opened! For some context, I work in a government building built in the 80s and virtually everything in the building is as old as the building, including the bathrooms until now. Now, if we can only get the 30 year old carpet replaced, we'd be set!

3. My BFF has her NT scan today. Can't wait to hear how things look!

4. When I dropped Ash off at daycare yesterday, I told his teacher that Ash would probably be walking soon and that I would be so upset if he took those first steps at day care and I missed it. She told me that they are told not to tell parents if a child meets a milestone at school so as not to take the fun away from the parent. I get it, but I told her I definitely wanted to know when he takes his first steps!

5. I need to find time to take out cat, Lucy, to the vet. She has been peeing (outside of the litter box) quite a bit. It is so frustrating. She's had this problem on and off for years and nothing the vets over the years have ever suggested have really made a difference. Argh.

6. I've made a couple different veggie burger recipes recently from the blog Oh She Glows that are so good! I always make some in silver dollar size for Ash and he really enjoys them too.

7. We still haven't taken Ash's 9 months photos. :( I wish z and I were more with it sometimes.

8. I'm being better at having a consistent routine in the evenings. It's always dinner, bath, story, nurse, sleep. I'm reading a story even if he's crawling around and not paying attention. I mean I can't really expect a long attention spam from him. Just want him to get used to the routine.

9. I need to get a bath may ASAP. Little one constantly wants to stand up in the bath. I don't leave him for a second, but it still makes me worry.

10. TTT complete before 7am! Let's see if I can be this productive the rest if the day!

Happy Tuesday!
  • Options

I'll have to come back later for my 10 things! but wanted to reply to you @ATXmommas:

1. I can't believe they wouldn't tell you about a milestone, even at daycare, that blows my mind!  I know it would be sad to miss it, but I agree, I would want to know!

2. On the cat issue, we had a cat who did the same thing and had issues for years! I'm not a big fan of routine meds for pets, but a low dosage of prozac changed our cat in the best ways! No more potty issues, more cuddly/affectionate, and less scared all the time.  Just a thought if you're open to trying something a bit different.

1. Right?!?!

2. Z just took Bama to the vet and mentioned Lucy's problem and the vet mentioned Prozac as a possibility. That is one thing that I haven't tried, but I'm totally game. Bedsides the peeing issue, she's "special" in other ways. Thanks for letting me know!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll have to come back later for my 10 things! but wanted to reply to you @ATXmommas:

1. I can't believe they wouldn't tell you about a milestone, even at daycare, that blows my mind!  I know it would be sad to miss it, but I agree, I would want to know!

2. On the cat issue, we had a cat who did the same thing and had issues for years! I'm not a big fan of routine meds for pets, but a low dosage of prozac changed our cat in the best ways! No more potty issues, more cuddly/affectionate, and less scared all the time.  Just a thought if you're open to trying something a bit different.

1. We're told that at our daycare, too. Same reasoning, that they don't want to take the "first" away from the parents. I think it should be up to the parents. Like have them fill out some disclaimer that says either a) totally tell me when they take their first step, say a new first word, etc OR b) don't tell me anything about major developmental milestones!!

2. I need to tell my mom about Prozac for her cat. He just recently started peeing on a rug in her bathroom... That's the only place she says she's noticed him peeing, but obviously still frustrating
  • Options

1. I started my last class of my Masters program last night! I feel a little bit guilty because I actually like the class.
    2. That being said- If I hadn’t skipped my afternoon meetings yesterday to go help A with a sicky M, I would have ended up going over 48 hours with out seeing him…that is not cool at all.
    3. I feel like we need a date night bad! A’s mom is coming up in a few weeks and we are going to see the live Last Comic Standing show. I feel like I haven’t had a chance to stare at her face in ages and it will only get worse during school.
    4. I love my job, but my team is obnoxious right now. We are super dysfunctional and almost everyone has said something completely inappropriate or cried this week. I thought we were grown ups here.
    5. My parents are already making plans to come out for Christmas…how is this already on the radar?
    6. I am finding it hard to not obsessively plan our lives based on this cycle being the cycle that gets me knocked up…I rarely get excited about things before they are a sure thing…I really hope I am not super disappointed. I am already trying to figure out if we should go to our family reunion next July...Jeez. 
    7. Having a sick baby is the worst.
    8. I had a monitoring appointment this morning and the lady at the OB desk asked me who I was there to see. I blanked and said “Oh I just need to get probed.” The pregnant ladies in the waiting room looked pretty judge-y J
    9. Our three-year wedding anniversary is next week. I need to get my act together. Anyone have any ideas?
    10. I need to work out...ASAP
    Same-sex couple- In love with my awesome wife, A, since 2007
    Our son M was born 6.2013 

M was conceived via IVF using donor sperm and my wife's eggs. My wife carried. 

Now I am starting my second FET with embryos from A's IVF cycle...this is our last shot.

ET 9/15- BFN

• Options

1. I'm incredibly thankful that G has gotten through his first week of daycare drop-offs in the new room.  He's back to being excited when he gets there; no more crying.  Yay, buddy!

2. I JUST finalized babysitting plans for Saturday, as we have a wedding to go to.  I really took this one down to the wire.  I'm thrilled that the person who's available is also our dog-walker (some of you may remember that we have a really challenging dog and can rarely have other people in our home because of it), so she'll put G down in his own crib, and we don't have to do the whole pick-up, wake-up, drive-home, fall-asleep-in-the-car, wake-up-again, go-back-to-sleep ordeal this time!!! Wooo-hoooooo!

3. I'm really happy to have my RE consult done.  They ran a bunch of blood tests, and suggested a repeat HSG (since things can change after a c-section), and a saline sonogram.  He said I can do as much or as little of that as I want while we're making decisions about whether we actually want to move forward with TTC.  S and I seem to be on the same page for now, and I'm just feeling good about things. 

4.  Now I just need to wait a week to hear about what my ancient ovaries are doing or not doing in there.

5.  I've started reading a really interesting parenting book.  I'm typically a very skeptical reader.  If anything remotely smacks of "Well that's just common effing sense" I'm very quick to just disregard and move on.  But there have been a few basic statements in the early pages of the book that have really made me stop to think about my parenting philosophy not just as it relates to G, but about how it relates to my outlook on the world's kids.  It's made me recognize some thought patterns that I really need to change.

6.  I wish I had/made more time to just sit and read.

7.  Football season does not help me with the above.  I think I need to take a look at my priorities.

8.  I really should eat the lunch that I brought today, but I don't think I will.  There's just too much other good food around here and I'm really wanting to just eat all the things.

9.  At the beginning of August, I gained 6 employees here at work. I've known them all personally for a year, but haven't been close to their work at all until just now. I have to give annual performance reviews to 5 of them before the end of September (I'm already overdue on 2). Seriously, this blows. At least I'm getting SOME help from their former managers.

10.  In reference to the above conversation about cats, our has taken to pooping outside the box (no pee as of yet). He started doing it right after G came home from the hospital and we've had no success in curbing it despite trying many different tactics. I don't know that I'm ready for prozac (honestly the dog would need it first), but I'm also not ready to give up. Suggestions? His favorite pooping place is our laundry pile. Awesome.

Have a great week, everyone!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options

1.  We spent the weekend at A's little brother's wedding in Minnesota.  It felt more like a funeral than a wedding.  Here are just a few things that our weekend included:  A's birthday being completely ignored by her family, us driving an hour round trip to a bar that was 3 miles away from our hotel, the bride threatening to murder multiple people, our 2 year old niece having a heartbreaking melt down because the bride insist she wear a flower halo, me having a breakdown after travelling all day and being forced to go out to a bar, our brother in law puking in the airport because he drank to much, our rental car being undriveable when we were already late for a flight, and so much more.  We are not dramatic people... and this weekend seemed like an episode of Bridezilla.

2.  I am at work, and exhausted from travelling.  Please let this day be over!

3.  We are starting to pack our house for moving!  We are excited about the new house, but I hate packing.

4.  There was a gigantic snake outside of the environmental center where I work.  I am terrified of snakes.  It was not a good welcome back to work...

5.  I love our little baby so much, and I can't wait for her appearance.  December is getting so close.

6.  We start the third trimester this week.  How did that happen?

7.  I have to have the glucose test done this week.  Not looking forward to it... and afraid for the results.

8.  Our camp garden is producing so much food still!  We are sending another huge donation to the food bank today.

9.  Now that we are buying a new house, we are so excited about the nursery.  Oh my gosh.  It is going to be forest animal themed (shocking, coming from 2 camp parents.)

10.  I need a nap pronto.  Maybe I will bring a camp cot into my office... 

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options

1.  We spent the weekend at A's little brother's wedding in Minnesota.  It felt more like a funeral than a wedding.  Here are just a few things that our weekend included:  A's birthday being completely ignored by her family, us driving an hour round trip to a bar that was 3 miles away from our hotel, the bride threatening to murder multiple people, our 2 year old niece having a heartbreaking melt down because the bride insist she wear a flower halo, me having a breakdown after travelling all day and being forced to go out to a bar, our brother in law puking in the airport because he drank to much, our rental car being undriveable when we were already late for a flight, and so much more.  We are not dramatic people... and this weekend seemed like an episode of Bridezilla.

_______

STUCK IN BOX!!

That sounds like a trip from hell, I'm sorry.  I wish I had known you guys were here in MN!  I could have offered a ride during the car troubles (at the very least).

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    1. I'm going to try and get this done before Adalyn wakes up.
    2. It is a little crazy around our house, but my wife is doing amazing taking care of M and K and me!
    3. Adalyn came home from the Nicu last Tuesday and is doing great. She is eating like crazy and her sleeping isn't to bad either.
    4. M and K came home Sunday. They ended up being in respite for 10 days, which was much longer than planned but I'm happy we took the extra time.
    5. Tmi alert-I've developed hemmriods again, also a rash around my lady parts and had to have stitches. Needless to say that entire area is pretty sore, painful and disgusting right now.
    6. I've tried to rest, but it's hard with so much to do all the time. I banished myself and Adalyn to our bedroom today while my wife takes care of the other two. I'm about to take another nap :)
    7. We have had friends and people from our church bring us food over the last week. It has been such a blessing!
    8. Please don't hate me, but I'm down 25lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. I lost weight while pregnant and then more after giving birth. I'm still overweight and would like to lose 30lbs to be the size I was when my wife and I met.
    9. It's still unbelievable that our little girl is finally here. I love her so much.
    10. I had my placenta encapsulated and I swear by it! I think it helped my milk come in quicker, my energy has been great, and I've not been super emotional like I thought I would be.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options

1. Today has been a super whacky, busy work day! There is so much here that I want to respond to, but there is just no time! Maybe later... which probably means not at all, if I am being honest. I will try! I am trying to sneak in my 10 now though, or else I fear it will never get done. Ever. Priorities! :)

2. Soooo... I lost zero pounds last week. Actually zero ounces. I did nothing differently than the weeks prior, and actually have been feeling pretty good and confident (shocking for me!), but I weighed in at EXACTLY the same on Saturday AM as I was the week before. So weird. I am trying not to be my usual self and panic about this. That said, I am going to hope to high heavens that I lose a good amount this week. I need to feel momentum!

3. I am so jealous of the peeps that lost weight while pregnant. Or didn't gain a lot. Or are just fit/healthy/thin peeps by nature. HAHA. I know some of this is within my control. Just let me be jealous for a half second, OK? Thanks!

4. So, I actually really like being busy at work again. The days are going by quickly, and I am feeling like I am getting a lot accomplished. I actually had a mid-year review with my boss on Friday (because I was out on leave at the actual mid-year point), and it went really well. I think it is not out of the realm of possibilities that I *could* get promoted at the end of the year. As antsy as I have been for a change, I think I will try to hang tight til year end (which was my original plan anyway) until something super fantastic comes along (unlikely!).

5. Will is so long/tall it is kind of ridiculous. We put him in jammies with long pants last night (he had just been sleeping in a onesie since it has been hot and he gets hot at night)... and the pants were like capris on him. The jammies were 6 months! Our problem is that we need bigger sizes for length, but then he is swimming in the rest of the outfit... I think we are going to need to buy him bottoms that are 9 months and tops that are 6 months in the Fall/Winter!

6. My mom had her knee replaced yesterday. She is doing well, and was already up out of bed with a walker today. I have been texting her and calling her "Bionic Yiayia" (Yiayia is Greek for grandmother and what Will "calls" her). In all honesty though, I really do hope this improves her mobility though. I know she wants to be more active, especially now that she has a grandbaby!

7. We have been sprinkling shredded cheese on top of Reese's (our dog) food the last few days to get her to eat. We don't know why she has been disinterested in her food lately. She eats treats just fine, but has been ignoring her food. Well, we tried the cheese trick and she is loving it. Part of me is worried this could become a thing for her, and I don't want her to get used to it. Part of me just thinks we should go with it, because she is still adjusting to Will and I just want to do anything I can to give her some extra happiness. Even if that happiness has to come in the form of cheese.

8. The weather is suddenly TOTALLY AWESOME here! It feels like Fall, and I am totally loving it. Low 70s, breezy... makes me a happy camper!

9. We had been sort of planning a trip to Myrtle Beach the week between Christmas and New Year's, and we just decided to cancel it. My in laws have a condo there and we were going to go with them. We decided we want to save the money we would have used for plane tickets to go in the house 2.0 fund (the poor house fund is so tiny right now)... and 10 hours in the car (each way) with a 7 month old just didn't sound like the way I wanted to ring in the holidays. So, we officially have nothing planned, but I am going to try to swing it to be off work for the last two weeks of the year and make it an epic holiday staycation. Super pumped at that possibility!

10. OK, I made it to 10 and I have 2 mins to spare until my next conference call. Woohoo! I will try to be back in a little while to reply to some of the things I have been making mental notes about all day. Til then, my friends! Happy Tuesday! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options

1. We met a gay male couple at an intro to PEPs group we went to mid-August, and they were expecting via traditional adoption. Well, their little boy was born the other day (Theo! one of our boy names!) and they've been in texting contact with us and already asking for advice :). I think we might have parent friends!

2. I left Simone for the first time the other day to get a cut and color - it'd been since October I think since I had color! Now my hair is pretty and she did just fine with J and a bottle of breastmilk for the couple hours. I missed her, but J texted a few photos and I made it.

3. Next up: Pedicure! Maybe even today!

4. I'm watching a lot more TV with bf and pumping. Currently, though a little dark, enjoying The Leftovers. Also started recording the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon which makes me LOL! And, always The Daily Show... just waiting for fall TV to start up again!

5. Speaking of fall, September in Seattle is often very summery, but having had a killer summer, we are getting some cooler days and definitely cooler nights. That said, I still miss having a 'true fall' as I did growing up in PA. It's kind of muted here, and not a distinct as a season. But I still love kicking in the wet leaves and wearing the Seattle Uniform: Sweater, Jeans and knee-high black boots. Seriously. It's everywhere.

6. Um, SIMONE IS CHROMOSOMALLY NORMAL. I'm still in disbelief, and I might just wallpaper the world with this information for a while. Bear with. Thanks. :)

7. @trisholio I too lost about 25 lbs by week 2, and am 19 lbs below when I got pregnant! However I have 20 lbs of TTC weight, plus 15 of "when I went back to a corporate desk job" weight to lose.

@KH826, I'm regularly jealous of lots of aspects of different people's journeys - I think we all get a hand dealt of good and bad. You're working hard and will get there! I apparently got the "not gonna gain a lot of weight" card...but right now I'm wishing I'd gotten the "floods the world with breastmilk" card. :( (p.s. Thanks for your nice post on the other thread on that btw!!! I thought you might jump in as I know you 'get it'!)

8. I've allowed myself a second loaf of white bread since coming home with the baby. We NEVER have white bread. I don't know why it tastes so good but I am having toast with eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches... travesty! But I told J no more after this second loaf. Why's it gotta be so good though??

9. I went to a "When breastmilk is not enough" group today on combo feeding...and was the only one to show up. So, I got a 1:1 with the facilitator which was helpful. She's a naturopath, acupuncturist and LC. She gave me some ideas (including @jrtmom's idea on Domperidone) but wasn't comfortable prescribing it. Thanks for nothing, lady. I called my Naturopath pal to see if she'll give me an RX; and my ex-wife is a Nurse Practitioner I could ask too. Or, we could just drive up to Canada! It's only 2.5 hours, but S doesn't have a passport yet. :( I am aiming to get my hands on some and see if it helps.

10. My family and our friends are still bringing us tons of meals. Normally I'm picky about food but I have to say, everything people have brought us has been fantastic and it has been SO nice to just have nice meals set to eat. I didn't think a meal train was really our thing, but it's been so great even though I feel capable of making dinner, it's kind of a joy not to have to!

Great reading up on everyone!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    1. My mom and I started working out again yesterday. We had been on a two week "break" because I had a wonky work schedule while they sorted out new hiring at work. It's only been two weeks but it feels like I'm starting over from the beginning!

2. That being said, I've still been doing terribly at eating right... And exercising. We go for 30 minutes on the treadmill and then lift weights, which is okay, but I'm not seeing any results anymore because of my eating (I haven't weighed in over a month, but last time I checked I was at a 25 lb loss standstill)

3. I'm in love with this weather the past few days! It's been low 60s in the mornings which is super nice at work because during our morning playground time it feels wonderful out!

4. J and I went to our first (college) football game of the season and it was so fun! I love football season!

5. I'm trying to talk J into getting us some tickets to a pro game next month! My cousin's husband has played pro football for ten years now and I'd love to go see him play this year! They're playing near us (a two hour road trip) in Oct and I really want to go!

6. I miss my niece. I have seen her in like two weeks!! We need to make a point to hang out this weekend.

7. Work has been frustrating this week. We got another new child yesterday and we weren't informed of his starting until his mom came and dropped him off. Plus (despite three of our kids only coming one day a week) we have 13 children on our roster.... Our ratio is 2:10... Like I said, 3 of them only come one day a week, so we never have all 13 at one time (we aren't allowed) but what's frustrating is they keep adding kids to our classroom when the other toddler room only has a total of 7 kids! So far this week we've been chasing 10 kids around all day while they sit around with two staff with 4-5 kids. I love my job, but it'd be nice to have a bit of a break for a little bit.

8. Sorry I've been rambling.... But I guess that's what this is for?

9. I need to get my hair cut. I've been letting it grow out after a bad cut last time, and I've just recently been able to pull it back into a ponytail....
    But now I've been super lazy and doing it all the time instead of taking the time to actually blow it dry and do it!

10. Hope everyone is having a good week!!
  • Options
    1. Today is my "Monday" and I feel like I will never get caught up from maternity leave. It's stressing me out, especially because I want to have everything in a good place when (if) I quit. 

2. One of my coworkers was frantically telling me how her supply was way down after going away for the weekend without her 8 month old. I gave her my last lactation cookie and some milkmaid tea. She was so relieved. I hope it helps, my coworkers are the only thing I'll miss if I leave my job (well my paycheck too obviously)

3. I found out who is likely going to replace my boss as our ED. I'm kind of excited to see what she is open to as far as flexibility goes.

4. I was talking to another co worker this morning and she thinks they should let me work from home :) I'm glad I'm not up in the night thinking it's a reasonable request. 

5. Apparently M spit up nearly all of his lunch, poor guy. He's also had a bit of a fever all day. I called my sister and she said he is ok but I feel bad that I'm not there to help him feel better. 

6. We have this volunteer thing going on this thursday and I'm so not excited about it. It's taking up way too much of my time. It was required that we submit a project for a grant we have, usually our project doesn't get picked, but this year it did and it's really more trouble than it's worth, creating a project for them and all. 

7. I'm exhausted and just want to go home and snuggle my baby. J's friend is in town though and is coming over to meet M. Boo! I'm glad he has so many people to love him and I'm happy J gets to see her friend, but I am not feeling social. Oh well. 

8. I'm starting a piece work position for a nonprofit that I did my VISTA with years ago. The plan is that I will quit my job in Nov or Dec and just do the piece work stuff to bring in a little money and build my art career. To make the difference between my salary and what we'd pay a nanny I only have to work about 5 hours a week and I can do most of it at home and the rest when J is home on the evenings/weekends. 

9. I'm really excited about #8 but feel really conflicted about quitting my job and I don't know why. 

10. Any ideas or advice on how to deal with competing thoughts and feelings? I spend a lot of time and money in school and wanted to move up the nonprofit ladder quickly, getting and ED job in a year or two. Maybe I feel bad for spending the time and money on a degree I won't be using? Or maybe it feels too risky. I'm not sure, probably both and then some. My heart wants to be with M though and make art. Sink or swim eh? 

• Options
    1. I just heard back from EV that she's game for taking the boys to our favorite indoor play place this evening. I need a break, and even watching him hop on the jumpies is more relaxing then being home right now.

2. I am tired, and my head aches. Hoping the water I'm guzzling and the tylenol I took helps.

3. I sent out a lease to be signed by our new tenants today.  I will feel so much stress lifted from my shoulders once we wrap this up.  We ended up choosing between two great options and I was a little sad to let the other applicants know I hadn't chosen them. :(

4. This morning was a mad scramble to make two dozen cupcakes for EV's bosses birthday. Chocolate with butterscotch centers, half with chocolate frosting, half with marshmallow.  

5. A huge (dead) tree fell down on top of our porch in Roatan.  No one was injured and the porch can be repaired though it'll cost a pretty penny.... or rather 100,000 pennies.

6. Trying to get motivated to move. I'm so excited about the new house and location, its the packing part that I'm not enthused by.

7. My sister-in-law's "Mother Blessing" is on Saturday. EV doesn't want to go. She hates being invited to traditional women's gatherings like bridal or baby showers.  I'll probably go and she'll stay and watch the kids.  

8. Owen just woke up - let me see if I can finish quickly...

9. I forgot to answer the QOTD for the Parenting thread yesterday. I love fall. It's a little different in California than it was growing up on the East Coast, but I love the crisp nights, and fall festivities. Halloween is one of our favorite holidays and I can't wait to celebrate. Plus this year we'll have a nephew joining us in November.

10. I think I must have a gypsy in a previous life.  The travel bug has been pulling my heart strings. I am just praying I get a job so that we can plan a trip sometime in 2014/2015. EV just found out her company is now offering 4 weeks paid leave and an additional two weeks at 50% pay.  Her option to take leave starts in October.  Anyway she is so excited, I know she feels like she hasn't had the same opportunity to bond with Owen as with Kaden. When Kaden was born she took her full 6 weeks, and then was home/in Roatan with us for an additional 7.5 months. That was huge gift for all of us.  
    .... Kaden and Owen are giggling back and forth - this is the best.

• Options
    1. We are finally putting our new floor in for our mudroom this weekend. That's the plan anyway. Hopefully it comes to fruition. We bought most of the flooring today.

2. With my increased dose of Estradiol, side effects are starting to kick in. I haven't missed sore boobs and excessive bloating. Just further reminder that we're still at it.

3. Mini confession - all the folks who were TTC when I started participating here over a year ago are pretty much either pregnant now or have their LOs. I get sad about that sometimes. I feel left behind - which is absolutely no one's fault of course.

4. My ultrasound this morning showed that things are still quiet, as they should be. My lining is not impressive at all. After four measurements he finally got one at 8.1. He said 8 is the minimum of what they like to see at this point. I really prefer to be an over achiever (as evidenced by my two cancelled IUI cycles) so I was disappointed by that. My estrogen was only 179 and should be at a minimum of 200. Now we have to go back for blood work only on Friday.

5. Did you know that you can insert Estradiol vaginally? I did not know this, but now I have to do it. Only 1 per day so that isn't too bad.

6. Still tired of things being put in my vagina. That does wonders for our sex life (non-existent).

7. I got a lot done around the house when I took a Bump break. I even made my own laundry detergent. I made 2.5 gallons for $0.84. It costs about $0.01 per load. I was excited when it actually worked.

8. 9/11 mentioned... I have heard a few theories that there may be another attack on the anniversary of 9/11. That scares me. The reality is that it could happen at any time. We went to the 9/11 museum when we went to NYC. It was emotionally draining but worth it without a doubt. I'm not sure how people can work there. It is overwhelming. It is hard to believe that it was 13 years ago. It seems like yesterday. I will never forget that day.

9. It is crazy how your life can change in an instant. You never know what's around the corner.

10. C left her job a few weeks ago. Things aren't working out the greatest with the current situation but we are figuring it out.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    StacyLH24 said:
    3. Mini confession - all the folks who were TTC when I started participating here over a year ago are pretty much either pregnant now or have their LOs. I get sad about that sometimes. I feel left behind - which is absolutely no one's fault of course.
    Been there.  I'm sorry.  Sending hugs.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    @redrockmama - I struggled with the decision to stay home or not stay home for a long time.  I still grapple with it.  For us it was the right decision at the time. I am so grateful for the last couple of years and spending them with my kids. On the flip side it has really been a drain on us financially. I will say however that it has been hard to get back into the workforce. Even after only 2.5 years. There's a gap on my resume and even though I was in school finishing my MBA I'm just not as "attractive" a candidate as someone who was working the whole time... Either that or I'm just not lucky. ;-) Anyway, when I decided not to go back I figured it would be for a year, but one thing led to another... If your career is really important to you, you may want to think of ways you can stay active/involved in the field so as to be in good position once you decide to go back.  
    Being a SAHM is the hardest job ever. In our family on top of childcare I handle all the domestic and personal business too. I work 24/7 and never get to leave the office or my "employers". It's draining. Today I just wanted 5 minutes.  Just 5.... I got over it eventually, but its hard. BUT I love the "uniform" as EV calls it: yoga pants, comfy shirt, ponytail, sunglasses.  I love making my own schedule (well when the kiddos don't dictate it). Working my butt off every day and not having anything "concrete" to show for it is a little depressing. Stealing baby kisses whenever I want is absolutely precious.  When I first made this decision I talked about it for weeks and months. But really I had made the choice in my heart long before. I just knew what I wanted, and just had to let myself accept it for the truth.  

Good luck to you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"