Los Angeles Babies

Hospitals that allow you a female delivery doc?

I just moved to LA (well...Santa Clarita, to be fair, although I work in Glendale) from Seattle, which does the whole baby thing very differently.  (There, even the PPO hospitals have "Kaiser like - womens centers" where you go in, choose a primary doc, a proxy doc in case of emergency who is on an alternate schedule as your primary doc, and go to all your prenatal visits in a building attached to the hospital you will be delivering in.  You can also elect to have a male or female delivery doc if for some reason, yours isn't available).

Here, everything is much more piecemeal, where you have to really choose the hospital before choosing a baby doc.  I'm 19 weeks along, and due for another prenatal visit in 1-2 weeks (had my last at 17 weeks), but I feel overwhelmed choosing where to do that.  

Do any hospitals let you elect a female delivery doc instead of a male delivery doc?  I had past trauma, so I'm worried that a male delivery doc will make the whole thing infinitely more stressful for me and the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"