April 2015 Moms

#TeamNaturalHair ... Changing curl pattern :(

Hello! Any natural hair moms out there who notice a difference in their hair curl pattern!? I'm Jamaican...Indian Jamican Dad aka coolie and Black Jamaican Mom.... So I have mixed hair texture...I've noticed my curls are not as curly any more :( how about you!?

See my before pic.... Will upload an after later

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: #TeamNaturalHair ... Changing curl pattern :(

• I do not have ethnic hair, but I have heard that hormones (pregnancy and otherwise) can cause changes in curl pattern. A former coworker had stick-straight hair her whole life, and when she got pregnant one section in the back of her head suddenly became curly. My hairdresser also swears her hair went from straight to curly almost overnight when she was pregnant, and she said a lot of people, especially boys for some reason, see changes during puberty. Sorry to say I don't think there is much you can do! Your "before" hair is gorgeous-- would love to see the "after"!
  • No change for me yet

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Loading the player...
  • Haven't noticed any change in my curl pattern. My hair is currently in crochet braids right now which I plan on keeping in that style for the duration of my pregnancy. But I did notice my scalp has been acting up more than usual. I have seborrheic dermatitis which is cradle cap u just never grow out of and I have to use my medicine every other day vs the usual 2-3 times weekly.
  • I'm 7 weeks 4 days and my curls are still the same but my hair is getting thicker than the already thick girls that I'm use to
  • I am also natural; I have locs. I've noticed that my hair is softer at the roots. I haven't paid attention to the amount of curl when I twist. I am twisting more frequently while pregnant. It appears it's growing faster.
  • My hair is like a wavy curly and my curls actually gotten better. My hair looked really good today almost like a Kim Kardashian wavy hair so I haven't been straightening it at all. 
    BabyGagaPitaPata Cat tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • picklesxpicklesx member
    edited September 2014
    I'm not of an ethnic background of any sort but hormones can change your hair. I had stick straight hair that developed a slight wave during my late teens after I got my first period. I didnt notice any changes when I was on the Pill but after my son was born it got wavier in the back. It's still that in that awkward "not a nice wave but not straight" stage Maybe after this LO pops I'll have enviable hair :P
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • I have always had naturally curly hair. They were spiral curls, but not tight. Ever since I had my third child it's just been more wavy. I lost so much hair postpartum, and what's left is not very curly anymore. Although during my pregnancies, it was thick and had lovely curls. Not anymore. :(
  • I have really thin wavy/curly hair and since I've been pregnant it has turned to mostly wavy and has gotten thicker which is awesome because now I can actually do something with my hair now.
  • I'm glad i'm not alone! Thanks for the reponses :) My hair is also getting thicker! UGH...I don't remeber this happening with my First or second....and my secod was twins! Talk about hormone overload! lol

I guess its just a waiting game to see what happens next...Gotta love it! lol

@Marigold32 here is the after :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"