Infertility
Options

Intro

Hey Ladies,

I plan on lurking a bit more until I get the feel of this board a bit better but wanted to take a second and introduce myself.  DH and I have been TTC for just over a year now.  IF runs on both sides of the family (didn't know this until recently).  Started the testing to look into IF in July and just got the results last Friday.  Very low progesterone on my part (1.3), slightly abnormal results on the HSG on the right tube and no sperm on his part.  Our options are IUI, complicated IVF w/ ICSI that we'd have to travel outside of our state for, or adoption.  Just getting started on this journey and "looking forward" to getting to know you all.
Me: 24 | DH: 25
Married: May 2013
TTC: Since Sept. 2013
Me: unusually short cycles, anovulation, possible tubal issue on right side
DH: Azoospermia, likely not blockage, just doesn't produce any

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome.  I lurked a bit too before I started posting - you can learn a lot from the ladies on these boards.
    Just a heads up - depending on what treatment you choose, you may feel more at home on different boards.  For example, the Infertility group is generally made up of ladies undergoing IVF, while the Trouble Trying to Conceive (TTTC) board is generally made up of ladies undergoing IUI treatments.  ... and some ladies float a bit between the two boards (you'll find out what works best for you).

GL with whatever path you choose to build your family.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info @AMShark‌. I guess I don't fit here since my DH and I will have to rely on donor sperm, I've found the TTTC and third-party boards and will try there.
    Me: 24 | DH: 25
    Married: May 2013
    TTC: Since Sept. 2013
    Me: unusually short cycles, anovulation, possible tubal issue on right side
    DH: Azoospermia, likely not blockage, just doesn't produce any
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"