April 2015 Moms

Needing support. hCG didn't double - advice?

I know I need to speak with my doctor, and the office said he will call me tomorrow... in the meantime, I need to hear from others that know more about hCG levels than me... do you think I should I be legitimately worried right now?

I caught this pregnancy early and went in to the doctor at about 5 weeks. On the ultrasound he did not find the baby, but said it was early and he would do another in a week (which will be this coming Friday). The doctor did not seem worried, and didn't give any indication of a worrisome situation. He had me do bloodwork last Thursday and Saturday (44 hours apart) to make sure that I was progressing. I got the results today: on Thursday at 4 PM they were 172 hCG, and on Saturday at 12 PM they were 192 hCG.

Everyone says the important thing is that the hCG numbers double in 48 hours. Mine are not even close to doubling. What does this indicate??

I had one healthy pregnancy, and haven't had a miscarriage before. Am I miscarrying? Ectopic pregnancy? Really hard to just wait to hear from my doctor tomorrow... 

BFP #1: 10/2011, Pre-eclampsia in last 6 weeks, emergency C-section, DD born 6/25/11

BFP #2: 8/16/14, Ectopic Pregnancy & Methotrexate Inj. 9/5/14, Adverse MTX reaction, HCG levels down after 2 weeks

BFP #3: 2/23/2016, EDD 10/28/2016

Re: Needing support. hCG didn't double - advice?

• I'm sorry you're in such an uncertain place. You should wait for the doc's call. In the meantime, if you search HCG on the board you'll see lots of similar questions with good answers.

My first HCG reading was on the low end of normal and it made me super anxious. Best of luck!
  • Thanks for your responses, mamas...

To answer your question, no cramping, pain, or spotting.

I'm normally a positive, upbeat person and am feeling very sad, worried, and drained right now.

BFP #1: 10/2011, Pre-eclampsia in last 6 weeks, emergency C-section, DD born 6/25/11

BFP #2: 8/16/14, Ectopic Pregnancy & Methotrexate Inj. 9/5/14, Adverse MTX reaction, HCG levels down after 2 weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Big hugs, chica!  FX for good news!
  • I hope you can talk to the doc right away tomorrow--so sorry you are going through this. FX for you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks all. 

From the internet research, it looks like I should not be hopeful. Likely an ectopic pregnancy or will be a miscarriage. Small chance I just have low levels- and maybe they have gone up by now.

... I canceled my flight to San Francisco for work tomorrow so I can just go into the doctor and find out one way or another. 
    :-<

• No experience or advice, just hugs. Hopeful for good news tomorrow. You're in my thoughts.

Married Since July 2012

DS1 Born via C-Section - 6/21/2013

BFP#2 7/28/2014, EDD 04/07/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• edited September 2014
    I'm sorry you're going through this. HCG numbers can drive us crazy. Try to stay positive and get some kind of sleep before your appt. keep us posted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Crossing fingers for you that this little one is just a slow starter, it happens sometimes.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• I am not going to sugar coat this because it won't help you.  Typically numbers like that do mean a miscarriage is coming.  I really hope this is not the case for you and you are just off to a slow start but I don't want to give you false hope either.  Good luck today, please keep us updated.  I will be thinking about you.

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• Hopefully you get some good news today !! Hugs

image  image

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards