Trying to Get Pregnant

New Here. (Loss Mentioned)

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right board for me, but I'm going to try it.  DH and I have been married for 4 1/2 years, we stopped using any birth control 5 years ago.  Since then I've half heartedly charted my temp, tried a few opk's, definitely wasn't strict about it.  I've always had irregular cycles, so I should have started charting sooner.  My OBGYN put me on 2 unmonitored rounds of Clomid (won't be doing that again).  Last year I decided to stop worrying about when I would have a family, and start enjoying my life.  I have a great husband, we love each other, and we have fun together.  Families look different, and mine just didn't have children in it.  

Fast forward 6 months and I had my first ever BFP! I was so shocked that I went out and bought 5 more tests, all positive.  Since I was so irregular, and couldn't tell the doctor exactly how far along I was, they had me come in for an ultrasound.  I knew when the doctor didn't let me see the screen that there was an issue.  He said I measured 6 weeks, but he couldn't find a heartbeat.  Since I wasn't 100% sure about the conception date he had me come back 1 week later, still no heartbeat.  So I started the horrible journey that is a natural miscarriage.  It was emotionally and physically exhausting.  I came out of the experience not sure that I wanted to try again.

Although we have done nothing to prevent, we still are not pregnant.  DH has SA scheduled in a couple weeks, and I have started charting like should have all along. I only have a couple of months before I kick over the TTC>35 board.  I am here to learn everything I can.  Thanks in advance for any advice, and sorry in advance for any stupid questions. 
TTGP October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Villain
CHUCKY!!
imageimage
***Everyone Welcome***
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. ~Hanlon's Razor

Re: New Here. (Loss Mentioned)

• welcome and good luck. 
  • In am very sorry for your loss and for your tough TTC journey so far. We are all pretty big fans of charting and getting educated about ones body around here, and it sounds like you're on the right track.

Also, you didn't specifically mention it, but are you seeing a RE now? Good luck to you!
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry, no I'm not seeing an RE yet.  Plan is the big guy's SA first, then I'll try to get some basic testing through my doctor, since insurance will not cover any fertility work up.  Then move on to the RE.  
    CHUCKY!!
    imageimage
    ***Everyone Welcome***
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. ~Hanlon's Razor
  • Sorry for your loss and welcome!

animated gifs photo: TGIF unnamed-1.gif
  • Welcome, sorry for your loss. I hope you are not here long, but there is no age limit. I am 37, and find this board more to my liking and style, so I go here anyway. Good luck!
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Sorry for your loss And welcome
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • Hello and welcome! I'm sorry about your previous loss and hope that your time here is short and sweet.
    No longer posting on The Bump due to the appalling misconduct of the staff and of its parent company, the XO Group. Four thousand  active, engaged members do not represent "a few bad apples" and we are not trolls.
  • Welcome. Sorry for your loss.

Proudly on the dark side

• Welcome. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm >35 & like to hang our here because it is very very educational and active. The women over at TTC>35 are very nice but the board is slower. It does contain more discussion about meds & other treatments, though.
  • Thanks for all the kind words, and welcomes.  It's taken awhile for me to feel ready to move on, but it's great to have a place like this to go and be a part of a community that absolutely understands.
    CHUCKY!!
    imageimage
    ***Everyone Welcome***
  • Welcome and good luck! So sorry for your loss and tough times TTC. Hope your stay here is short.
    August 2015 Siggy - Favorite Mean Girl(s) - Cinderella's step sisters
  • Welcome, Ms Marvel. I hope that you get some answers soon. It sounds like you are taking the right steps. 

You are welcome to drop by the TTC > 35 right now. I participate in both. As @Carebear7777 said, it is a slower board, but a lot of the ladies have specialized experience that might assist you. They are a wonderful support. TTGP moves at a faster pace but is still supportive.

Welcome, sorry for your loss. I hope you are not here long, but there is no age limit. I am 37, and find this board more to my liking and style, so I go here anyway. Good luck!

@DanaScullyX: We're the same age!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Welcome!  I'm sorry for your loss.  I was admiring your siggy pic in another thread and thinking you must be such a baby to have Taye as your teen crush.  But seeing as how you're 34, are you a Rent fan?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry for your loss. I wish you lots of luck.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome!! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • Welcome. I'm sorry for your loss. There are a number of women on this board who have been there so you can consider yourself in the right place. There is another board dedicated to TTCAL but you will find that the experience is here too. You will also find the > 35 scene here as well... like me :) You can hang out wherever you are comfortable!

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• I'm so sorry for your loss but welcome to the board!

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Welcome!  I'm sorry for your loss.  I was admiring your siggy pic in another thread and thinking you must be such a baby to have Taye as your teen crush.  But seeing as how you're 34, are you a Rent fan?
    I had a hard time with picking a teen crush.  Being a nerd, I googled "90's teen crush", up popped Mr Diggs, and I immediately remembered how obsessed I was with him.  I was barely a teen when The Wood came out, but I watched that movie all the time.  I never really got into Rent, always wanted to see it, just never did.
    CHUCKY!!
    imageimage
    ***Everyone Welcome***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"