January 2015 Moms

F Me

E has hand foot and mouth! Her daycare sent out a note two weeks ago but we were on vacation so I thought we were in the clear! Yesterday she started with a low grade fever, no appetite, and drooling so I assumed she was teething. Fast forward to today she has blisters everywhere, still low fever and has barely eaten in the last 24 hrs. This is horrible she won't stop crying, she is in pain and I can't help her. Plus, it says adults aren't really at risk unless you are pregnant! Ugh couple this with a holiday weekend so I can't even talk to a doctor.

Re: F Me

• Poor baby! I hope that she feels better soon!
  • Oh geez!
    I hope she feels better soon and you don't get :(
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry.

DS had it in June, and I was fine. I bought lots of popsicles, ice cream, and watermelon, but he didn't want to eat much either. I hope she feels better soon!
  • Maebb said:

I'm sorry.

DS had it in June, and I was fine. I bought lots of popsicles, ice cream, and watermelon, but he didn't want to eat much either. I hope she feels better soon!

Do you mind me asking, how long did it take for him to get back to normal? For the blisters to go away? I keep offering her Popsicles and ice cream but she says no. She has been drinking a lot of milk so that's good.
  • My daughter and my wife had it, but I survived unscathed. Just wash your hands like a crazy person! Good luck with the miserable child and good luck with you, too. Fwiw, my midwife said that it's only really worrisome for pregnant women in huge first trimester and right at the end (when you might transfer it to the newborn). Otherwise, it's just about how uncomfortable you might be.
  • I am just worries because we shared a drink today, her blisters didn't become visible till later and we immediately put it all together. Since, then I have been washing my hands but I am worries the damage is done :-(
  • Oh no! I hope she feels better soon.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Boo HFM! I hope she feels better soon. FYI, the virus is active for a couple of weeks in fecal matter once the person recovers, so make sure to be extra careful when handling dirty diapers or assisting on the potty. Keep washing those hands extra well!

My daughter had it in July, and I caught it, but mine was much, much milder. Most adults have already been exposed to the virus, and don't get nearly as sick as the kiddos. I had a low fever and a super sore throat, but no blisters and it was short-lived.

• AlfiesMOM said:

Maebb said:

I'm sorry.

Do you mind me asking, how long did it take for him to get back to normal? For the blisters to go away? I keep offering her Popsicles and ice cream but she says no. She has been drinking a lot of milk so that's good.
    _________

Just getting back to this - he was feeling better and playing/eating normally after 3 days, blisters gone after 5 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"