March 2015 Moms
Options

UTI....ugh!

I'm 9 weeks and just got a UTI. Has anyone else had this issue? It kills! :(

Re: UTI....ugh!

• Options
    I had one diagnosed last week at my 12 week visit. It was totally asymptomatic for me, though. I had a week of antibiotics and go back next week to make sure it's gone. Hope it clears up fast!
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm currently on antibiotics for my uti (I'm 10 weeks) and I am miserable with the pain and burning :(( I am taking azo for the pain along with Tylenol, it doesn't take all the pain away but it helps. Hopefully this clears up sooner rather than later! I feel your pain.
  • Options
    I discovered I had one at my 8 week appointment. asymptomatic. I took an antibiotic and was back to new :)

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• Options
    I had one at 7 weeks... No idea until my doc called to tell me. Antiobiotics for one week, and now I drink one glass of 100% cranberry juice every morning.
  • Options
    I had a pretty bad UTI accompanied by light spotting at 9 weeks with DS. That was five years ago, so I don't remember how long I was on antibiotics for. They knocked the infection out quickly though!

Feel better!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh sorry, I had a UTI at 7 weeks :( but thankfully I got prescribed antibiotics within days that made it go away quickly. Feel better!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP 8/28/07, M/C 11/10/07

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

My BFP Chart|DIY obsessed

• Options
    I had one at 9 weeks, but it was asymptomatic, took antibiotics for 7 days and it was all good! Hope you get relief soon
  • Options
    I had one at  10 weeks. Mine was bad. I'm prone to infection, and am normally on a low dose antibiotic daily to prevent them, but had tried stopping that when we got our BFP. No dice, antibiotics and Pyridium to clear up the UTI, and now I'm back on my low dose.

Since this hasn't yet been mentioned here, you can ask for Pyridium. It's an antispasmodic that stops the worst of the symptoms in the first day or two before the antibiotic wipes them out. It is safe to take during pregnancy, and it is INCREDIBLY effective. Azo is basically an OTC of the same. It's cranberry based, and turns your pee and other... fluids... red/bright orange, so no white panties for a few days!!

UTIs suck, but the meds work, and you'll be fine. <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I've had 1 UTI and 2 yeast infections so far this pregnancy. I hope you get on antibiotics soon! 

image image
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"