Infertility

day 3 stim ultrasound

I had a u/s yesterday after stimming 3 days and there were only 3 measurable follicles. For previous IVF's I had a scan on day 6 or 7 and end up with 10-12 follicles. I am freaking out since this is my last attempt with IVF. Has anyone else had very few follicles on stim day 3 and then ended up with a good follicle count a few stim days later? Looking for any info to help either ease my mind or help me decide if I should cancel my cycle. Thank you.

Re: day 3 stim ultrasound

• i did. on day 3 us they found no measurable follicles with BOTH of my ivfs. ivf 1, ended up with 11 eggs, ivf 2 ended up with 13. 
    ***WARNING***
    BFP, child, and losses mentioned, although I loooooooove success stories!!!

Me: 40
    DH: 48
    IVF #1: 8/2011 transferred 3 4-cell 3-day highly fragmented embryos, had 12 weeks of bleeding and 1 perfect DS
    IVF #2: 8/2014 BFN
    IVF #3: chemical, had 2 left to freeze
    FET #1: BFN
    IVF #4: 12/2014 transferred 2 great-looking day 4 embryos, none left to freeze, BFP, u/s showed empty sac, m/c approx 9 weeks
    IVF #5: 4/2015 transferred 2 early blasts on day 5, BFP on HPT at 8dp5dt, 1st beta at 14dp5dt: 3628 omg
  • At my 3 day, the tech told me that they don't really count at day 3 because it's not accurate. The purpose of the monitoring is to make sure there are no cysts or other problems. GL!
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Laurafrancese? Fx for you.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"