April 2015 Moms
Options

Tylenol and ADHD

Anyone talked to their doctor about the new studies linking Tylenol and ADHD? I've been having terrible headaches lately but concerned about taking the only pain meds really allowed for pregnant women because of these studies. I have an appointment on Tuesday so I'll talk to my doctor about it then, but in the meanwhile, would love to know if other people have discussed it with their doctors and what their take is on the legitimacy of the findings.

Hope everyone is having a restful Sunday!

Re: Tylenol and ADHD

• Options
    I suspect correlation without causation. The number of people with ADHD has sky rocketed so I'm sure is easy to find lots of people who took any number of things and ended up with a baby with ADHD, that doesn't mean they caused it.
  • Options
    Interesting. Here's the abstract if anyone is interested.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24566677
    It does appear that the controlled for some maternal illnesses, but it would be very difficult to control for all. The exposure frequency response effects do argue against correlation without causation, but it's not definitive.

Good reminder to take any medication only when necessary, and perhaps after exploring other options.

Here are a couple of their charts so you can see what the data look like.

There are also pesticide/ADHD links for anyone who's concerned.
    https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2010/05/17/peds.2009-3058.abstract
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't talked to him but I do try to avoid any medication during all pregnancy.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I saw my doctor today and he said that in moderation it shouldn't be a problem. He said he definitely doesn't recommend it the same way he might have ten years ago but that as with all things, moderation is key. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"