April 2015 Moms

Hip pain- can't find cause

So the top of my hip bones (iliac crest if we are getting technical) feels bruised and is painful to the touch. Also the very tops of my legs (the ball joint into pelvis) is sore as well. The only thing I've come across that could be the answer is Pelvic Girdle Pain, which doesn't happen until much later, or Pubic Symphysis Disfunction, but that seems to be more pain in the groin/legs and back, rather than high on hip bones.

It's probably just a normal symptom of stretching and relaxing, but I can't find much about it on google or in any of my pregnancy books. Does anyone have the same thing going on and know what it is?

Re: Hip pain- can't find cause

• Hmm, that sounds a little odd. It doesn't really sound like RLP either, which is more normal than the other two at this point. Maybe call the doc. They can probably tell you if it's something typical.
    Me: 27
    DH: 34

Ticker id: Q1i7

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

Building a family since 12/29/12!
  • Maybe it's not directly related to being pg. I had a lot of hip pain like you are describing out of the blue a few months ago and finally went to a chiropractor. Turns out my sacrum was misaligned. After a few weeks of adjustments it was better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Right, RLP was the other thing I considered, but it's definitely not in the right place, and doesn't feel like what others have described the RLP to feel like. Planning to ask on Tuesday.. It's definitely odd.
  • 5555 member
    I had that same feeling in my left hip starting a few days before I got my BFP and ending this week (when I hit 6 weeks). I had just assumed it was related to my body stretching and relaxing to accommodate baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married since July 2009.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    BFP #1 August 13, 2014
    EDD: April 22, 2015
    It's a boy!
  • Hm, could it be sciatic pain? With my first pregnancy, my sciatic pain was in my lower back, hip, butt, and down my leg. It started around 9 or 10 weeks and went away after a few weeks when my uterus rose up in my body. Just a thought.
    BabyFruit Ticker>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sciatica. Mine is exactly as described, and flares up if I do lots of walking. It's gotten better over the last week or so - the acupuncturist did a treatment for me and I've been using a cool compress.
  • I'm not sure what it is but I would find a good chiropractor or osteopathic doctor, they can do wonders for things like that that you can't figure out. They are also good for getting your pelvis back in line after birth, I was so out of wack after my daughter was born I couldn't walk and my osteopath fixed me up.
  • I have pelvic girdle pain at least once a day sometimes all day and I am only 7 weeks. I am hanving twins, so I was told not to stress. I am not saying it's twins, but the doctors office warned me before it started that it would be unsettling but normal. I hope that you are just going through the same thing
  • I experienced this a lot with my last pregnancy but I was able to keep it under control with chiro and massage. Your OB or midwife can refer you so it will be covered under insurance. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
  • Thanks all for the help and suggestions. Hoping to get in soon with my chiropractor. I've had sciatica issues in the past, and not saying this isn't a different way of if acting up, but it's totally different from sciatica pain I've had in the past.
  • I had the same thing for both of my pregnancies. I found the chiropractor and RMT to be helpful. When u r pregnant your body releases a hormone called relaxin which allows your joints to accommodate your baby, however this can cause a shift in your joints especially your hips, and cause much discomfort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"