December 2014 Moms
Options

So uncomfortable...

Have not been able to sleep much these past few days. I just cannot find a comfortable position to sleep in and when I do, LO makes it impossible to sleep! My belly feels as thought my son is hosting his own soccer World Cup... lol.

Anyone else already feeling defeated in the sleeping department? I'm shocked at how quickly I got to this part of pregnancy!!! lol 3 months to go :(

Re: So uncomfortable...

• Options
    I got a Snoogle and it has saved my life...I wasn't sleeping either but it has really helped!
  • Options
    I'm actually sleeping better than I have. For most of my 2nd trimester-she sat on some specific nerve that caused pain, tingling, and burning down my leg making it impossible to sleep or be comfortable. I think she has moved away from that nerve now as it rarely happens in the last few weeks. I still toss and turn trying to be comfy and she is definitely up at night more, but I guess not having that particular pain has made sleep a more positive thing for now. :). Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat right now and even the snoogle isn't helping. I'm thinking about calling my OB to get the ok to see a chiropractor.
    Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
    DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
    June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
    October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
    December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
    January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
    April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
    April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
    January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have 5 body pillows and none of them help much. I also got the wedge and no luck. I just can't seem to find a comfortable position to sleep in and my back has been killing me. I'm trying to stay away from taking any pain killers and so far I've managed the pain pretty well. I'm just really tired of waking up every 20-30 mins to change positions lol and then of course I wake up randomly starving :/
    Just hope it doesn't get worse than this!!!
  • Options
    Same here, and when I do wake up at night to move I hurt Sooo bad. It's getting very uncomfortable to even move at night.
  • Options
    Have you thought about taking a bath before bed? Not too long or too hot, but if you let your body temp rise in the bath and then do something really relaxing for half an hour afterwards - I usually read a fluffy novel- then as your body cools and your mind relaxes you'll find yourself getting really sleepy. Go to bed as soon as your eyes get heavy and you should sleep soundly for about 4 hours. Then you might wake up and have the same discomforts (I do) but those first hours of really deep sleep are a real blessing!! Good luck.
  • Options
    Now that DS has slept through the night the past two nights....I haven't. I'm constantly waking up to every sound I hear because I think it's DS getting into something. Then I have to pee. Then I can't get comfortable with my pillows. Then I hear more noises. Round and round and round. I have a feeling I won't be getting a good night's sleep for about 8 months now....

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    leosmom25 said:

Now that DS has slept through the night the past two nights....I haven't. I'm constantly waking up to every sound I hear because I think it's DS getting into something. Then I have to pee. Then I can't get comfortable with my pillows. Then I hear more noises. Round and round and round. I have a feeling I won't be getting a good night's sleep for about 8 months now....

Ugh you know exactly how I feel haha! My son is totally sleeping through the night past few days so I feel even more ridiculous waking up for nothing! I just can't sleep!

Mousy345 I'm gonna give that a shot, although I do shower every night but not a hot bath. My friend said to try lavender. Not sure if that will help with the hunger though Lol
  • Options
    Yup that is me every night I don't know the last time I slept a good night! it will all be worth it in the end though :)
  • Options
    I take half a unison tablet- I was taking it plus B6 early on to help with nausea, and my MFM says it's fine to take for its intended purpose- to help with sleep :).  GL and I hope you get some rest!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    Lavender is good but really any scent that you are naturally attracted to. Just nothing too strong - you don't want to overpower the senses. Also as you let your body cool down afterwards, remember that melatonin levels get screwed up by bright artificial light so just use a bedside lamp for reading, no backlit TV, tablets, iPhones, etc. Help your body and brain to get sleepy!!! Oh, and avoid Stephen King for bedtime relaxation reading >:)
  • Options
    Mousy345 said:
    Lavender is good but really any scent that you are naturally attracted to. Just nothing too strong - you don't want to overpower the senses. Also as you let your body cool down afterwards, remember that melatonin levels get screwed up by bright artificial light so just use a bedside lamp for reading, no backlit TV, tablets, iPhones, etc. Help your body and brain to get sleepy!!! Oh, and avoid Stephen King for bedtime relaxation reading >:)
    Unless you are reading the new Mr. Mercedes which is boring :) lol
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • Options
    First...that is disappointing to hear @kz's_girlygirl‌. I got Mr. Mercedes for my birthday but haven't read it yet. As for sleeping, it sucks. My hip pain has me rolling over every 30-60 mins. I flop around so much my DH doesn't sleep in the same bed & now even my dog doesn't want to sleep with me. I feel like I've tried everything. But the warmish bath before bedtime I have not so that will be the next thing I try. I figure I'm just never going to get a good nights sleep till...well who knows when. Good luck to us for finding some relief from pain though!!
  • Options
    By the end of the day I'm so tired that back pain can't keep me awake. But I do have to wake up to pee and change positions. Also, there has been a pack of coyotes in the wash behind my house. They are notorious in my area for stealing dogs. Even though mine are big, I freak out when they go outside at night to bark at the coyotes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    vrae0606 said:
    First...that is disappointing to hear @kz's_girlygirl‌. I got Mr. Mercedes for my birthday but haven't read it yet. As for sleeping, it sucks.
    It is ok- It is a little scary in a, "wow, that could really happen" sort of way, but IMO it was more like reading/watching the news. 
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    Last night was awesome. My son went to bed at 9:30 and didn't wake up until 8:15 am! I only woke up twice to pee (miracle) and was actually able to get comfortable. Also baby #2 slept the night as well.. Only kicked me a few times but not hard enough to wake me up! Lol I feel like a brand new woman :D
  • Options
    katehgee said:

amw0914 said:

I just drink myself to sleep.

=P~
    Just drink? No pot?
    A little pot brownie puts me right to sleep. It's totes fine as long as I'm not smoking it, right? ;)
    My mom did it and I'm fine so yeah, drink and get high all you want!

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    Chiropractor! Get your doctor's clearance first, but seriously, go see a chiropractor. One who is experienced in prenatal adjustment, if possible. Since I started seeing mine regularly, I've been sleeping like a rock, and noticed a significant decease in hip/lower back pain.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"