February 2015 Moms
Options

Sunday Spam

Re: Sunday Spam

• Options
    I had this pretty crazy sensation last night while holding a new born baby. The baby was rested on my stomach and I felt this huge, uncomfortable (felt like a kick) but there's no way that this baby could be up in my ribs right now. It freaked me out and I have no clue what it could have been. Iv e'er been google - in all morning... which I know isn't the best idea.. but I'm so confused !! Anyone else felt something similar??
  • Options
    Fav shake is chocolate,  and I prefer a think shake you've gotta eat with a spoon, but I'm also a huge ice cream fan even when not pregnant,  I would eat it every day if I could get away with it lol :-) 

I've had this random congestion/head cold cough thing for about 5 days now, I'm kind of over it and hoping it's at the tail end. I sound hoarse and worse than I feel but I still dont feel normal. And if my ears keep pluging up I'm going to scream. On a better note, we're going to look at a crib this afternoon once DH gets home from work :-D I should probably shower before then...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went grocery shoping today and I swear EVERYONE had horrible b.o....I thought it was me but it def wasnt deodorant people (:|
    Fav milkshake: strawberry!!!!!
  • Options
    I love cookout milkshakes! My favorite is the Reese's. I kinda want to go get one, but am debating trying to make one at home for myself...

Baby #2 due 2/15/15!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb 15 January Siggy Challenge:  What you're looking forward to most after baby arrives:
    NO MORE HEARTBURN!

• Options
    Chocolate milkshake :D

I've been yelling at my husband for spending so much time on his tablet lately. We have a "no electronics after dinner" agreement. He's active duty military so we try to savor every moment we are actually together.

This morning I woke up to puppy chow and chex mix that he made off of pinterest. Also, to make it even better he showed me that he started a babies r us registry and wanted to put things he liked on it before showing me. is he real?? :x
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    So, some jerk customers of mine were giggling by the bar while I was making their frappucchinos. I didn't think much of it, but then I saw them slide something on the bar close to me & then they all kind of high tail it out of there. I look to see what it is, and it's a package of those oil blotting sheets for oily faces. Because I have to be at work at 4:30 am I skipped the makeup today so my pimples were extra visible. I have the WORST acne of my life right now, but it's not even that bad! I do have a couple huge zits & it just made me all the more self conscious. :( whyyyy would full grown women do that? So mean.
  • Options
    Pampering my self with a trip to the hair salon today! I took out my braids last night and my arms were pissed at me, so we agreed that getting someone else to wash and style my hair was the better option. So excited to have someone else shampoo my hair, it feels so good!

My milkshake flavor is banana fudge... And the boys better not be in my yard or my husband's coming out with a kitchen knife!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

• Options
    You ladies are going to think I'm nuts, but I like key-lime pie milkshakes :)

And also I have been craving fried pickle spears pretty hardcore since Tuesday, so I think I'll break down and make some tonight finally. They're going to be so yummy! I just can't wait!! :x
  • Options
    I want some fried pickles now @TheStormCloudAngel‌ ! Don't know how to make them though, and no where around here makes good ones.

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

• Options
    I'm looking up cars.  I think I know which one we're getting (not the one we originally thought).  I want things to be open tomorrow so I can pick up brochures and get quotes!  Stupid holiday.
    Feb. 2015: Holiday Decoration Fails
  • Options
    @PeaceofKia‌ for the sake of simplicity, I usually just use egg wash and seasoned flour, then fry until they're golden brown. I've heard cornmeal is the best though.
  • Options
    @foxslaw‌ Those Jerks! Pregnancy has made me really greasy too and my skin is the worst it has ever been. It sucks. I haven't found anything that works. :((
  • Options
    DucktaleDucktale member
    edited August 2014
    I'm assuming black and white milkshakes are just chocolate and vanilla? I like malts better. But for shakes, definitely Oreo.

I was up at 2am with I swear the worst headache of my life. I wanted to pass out. DH was so sweet and took care of me. I'm fortunate Tylenol works for me, so I just had to survive long enough for that to kick in.

Sorry you're sick @crazycornball :( sounds miserable.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ***Rant - feel free to skip over***

I'm so mad at my stupid sister right now. She's a 19 year old Marine who often asks me for advice since I've been there, done that but she never listens. I pleaded with her not to drive 12 hours for a visit that would last a day just to drive 8 hours to my house and 6 hours back to base but she didn't listen. Not only is it dangerous but like any young, dumb Marine she leaks money like a freaking sieve so she'll be broke and need money from me. I can't afford to support her. She's already living in a home that I should be renting out for income. She's supposed to be picking a puppy that I never wanted but was stuck on my doorstep and I'm considering not sensing it with her because she wants to make a chihuahua mix an outside dog. This dog is too small and young to live outside in the area she lives in. All of that aside she texted me to let me know she'll leave my patents house to get here at 8 pm which puts her at my house around 4 am. I'm pregnant with a toddler and a husband that has to work so 4 am is hell. The dogs will go off and DS will wake up then I'm up with an angry toddler until I can get him to sleep which may not be worth it since it'll screw with nap time. Then she'll leave here after driving all night and taking a nap to drive 6 more hours. I'm terrified that she's going to wreck a third time and I'm pissed that she's so inconsiderate of others. I know is her life and her choice but that doesn't make worrying about her any easier. On top of all of that, her car that I co-signed on because I'm an idiot is damaged so I get to find out how that will affect me and if the accident gets back to get command since she's out of bounds for her allowed travel she wants to blame me for taking and wrecking the damn car. I'm sure that will work since she checked in on FB last night at a bar over 100 miles outside her allowed radius of travel and included a message about bar hopping with her friends. I feel so angry and taken advantage of. I didn't feel like my angry drama needed is own thread but I needed to get it out. Sorry.

***end rant***
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Told my mom and brother that there's a little boy on the way and they seemed happy. They thought it was a girl so they were shocked! Now to tell the in laws who are not fun at all and won't get a reveal party. I wanted to do something like that. I've had a hard time getting this far in a pregnancy. I wanna go all out. Well probably just tell them "it's a boy."

I hope you feel better @CrazyCornball‌

I love me a neopolitan shake! Mmmm. :)

Also: oscar bought these yesterday. So cute!
    "As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen." -Winnie The Pooh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @foxslaw because they are miserable assholes!

I am incredibly boring and my favorite is a tie between a vanilla or chocolate malt!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @CrazyCornball, I hope you feel better soon!

@foxslaw, they're assholes. Full stop.

@jennwilhoite, that's tough. My little brother did a ton of stupid stuff, but I never hesitated to tell him how stupid he was being (sounds like you do, too). It took letting him take his own lumps to get him to listen and become responsible. Maybe that's what's next for your little sister?

We came home to two packages from Target. Turns out my mom sent us a bunch of cute dresses, washcloths, blankets, socks, and onesies. The woman's going to run out her retirement on this kid.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @lizjennings81‌ and @Stephanie2378‌ I Let her know that I'm tired of her doing this crap and normally I get mad and get over it when she asks for advice and ignores it fairly quickly but this time my mom spent an entire day being me to tell her my sister was ok when I had no clue myself and there isn't much I can do except not smart the door when she shows up. I have to answer the door though because I need to be rid of this puppy. I think I've told her that she's being an idiot and inconsiderate at least 10 over the last 24 hours but, luckily, this should be the last time I have deal with her until February and that will probably only be 2 days to physically see the baby.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @foxslaw‌ I'm sorry people are assholes! That made me really mad for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite "milkshake" right now: image Starbucks pumpkin frap. I don't care if it's 80 degrees out, it's fall in my tummy.
    image-image-image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @miniwheat10 I think she had a good birthday. She wa supset at first for the kids not coming. But once I gave her the tokens she I guess quit thinking about it.

@aggiebug Just think tomorrow you won't even want it when you can acutally get it.

@foxslaw thats a pretty rude and asshole thing to do. I can't believe adults would be so fucking rude. I probably would have started crying at work if that had happened to me. 

So we looked at cribs and picked one out. DH pretty much picked it out. Is 14 weeks to early to be picking out cribs and looking at carseats?

Oh I also taught DH today how to detach a carseat from a base. For some reason in his head he made it super complicated.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @psychobutthead‌ I am glad dd still had a good birthday. Kids are so resilient, sometimes I wish adults (including me) were better at shrugging things off.

And I will probably dream of those delightful chicken tenders tonight and will end up there as soon as they are serving lunch. :-P

@foxslaw‌ people are so dumb. I am sorry.
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    Yeah, I work at the store in Buda, so just south of Austin. Really close to slaughter. @sarabell52‌

It was just kind of a REALLY?!? moment
  • Options
    I don't have milkshakes a lot (usually just go for straight-up ice cream!), but today I had my favorite one from the diner I've been going to for 14 years: it's an Creamsicle, so vanilla ice cream, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and whipped cream. Literally tastes just like the creamsicle popsicles we had as kids, YUM. 

@foxslaw I know it's hard to brush those off, especially when pregnant, but it's so true that actions like that are all about those women's insecurities, rather than anything that you have done. What shitheads. 

@psychobutthead I was just talking to a friend about this (we both have kids who just changed into new preschools): how it's so hard not to project a bit onto our kids of, like, how we would feel if none of our peers showed up to our birthday parties, or, in my kid's case, if you spent the whole day just playing by yourself at school. But when I really think about how my daughter reacted (and sounds like for yours too), they're totally fine. I think it's just us worrying sometimes, especially since we know much more context than they do...
    --- Jan Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives ---

• Options
    foxslaw said:

Yeah, I work at the store in Buda, so just south of Austin. Really close to slaughter. @sarabell52‌

It was just kind of a REALLY?!? moment

I didn't realize you were in my old stopping grounds. I went to HS at Wimberley and played soccer in Buda.
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    Went to work at 5:30a this morning and now just chilling by the pool getting ready to eat some fajitas. Favorite milkshake is butterfinger.
  • Options
    I made chicken pot pie for dinner.  Kids loved it, it was super easy with biscuits for the top, and really good comfort food for a rainy day.  Still really want a milkshake, but not enough to go out in rainy weather to go get the fix ins, lol.  

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• Options
    Oh just sitting on an airplane Tarmac waiting for a lightening storm to pass directly overhead. Fml. Guess it's a good time to catch up on what I missed this weekend!
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @CatLadyTX‌ that comment just made my whole freakin day!! Lol

• Options
    foxslaw said:

So, some jerk customers of mine were giggling by the bar while I was making their frappucchinos. I didn't think much of it, but then I saw them slide something on the bar close to me & then they all kind of high tail it out of there. I look to see what it is, and it's a package of those oil blotting sheets for oily faces. Because I have to be at work at 4:30 am I skipped the makeup today so my pimples were extra visible. I have the WORST acne of my life right now, but it's not even that bad! I do have a couple huge zits & it just made me all the more self conscious. :( whyyyy would full grown women do that? So mean.

Customers can be f-ing stupid sometimes. I think they deserve some decaf ;)

• Options
    @CrazyCornball‌ I'd call.the nurses line and if they say go, then I'd go.. but otherwise just relax and be pampered. Feel better soon!!
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @CrazyCornball‌ I try to avoid those places at all possible. I am always scared of catching something even worse. I am sorry you are not feeling well. About two weeks ago I had a fever for 2 days. It sucked
  • Options
    I second calling & asking. @CrazyCornball‌ feel better!

I think the worst part about it was having to make two cotton candy frappucchinos and two mocha cookie crumbles! @Paleomama‌
  • Options
    Are you able to drink and eat today @CrazyCornball‌ because if you still have a limited appetite I would consider going.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    @CrazyCornball‌ I agree with others, call your nurse and just see what they say. :( I'm traveling out of the country soon and am so scared to get sick... Pregnant + sick is just not fair!

@foxslaw‌ What dbags! I can't believe people can be so mean and cruel. :(

Married 12.14.12 TTC 01.01.14 BFP 02.26.14 MC 03.07.14 TTC again 05.01.14               
    BFP 05.27.14  Beyond excited and giddy with anticipation! EDD 2.2.15

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"