February 2015 Moms

sch and small clots?

Hello all. When I was 5 weeks I had a subchorionic hematoma. I'm now 14 weeks and my baby is fine but today I've been having some light cramping (which may just be gas because I've been so constipated) and then when I wiped after using the bathroom, there was a small clot on the toilet paper. I've been bleeding on and off since my ER visit when I was 5 weeks and when they did u/S's, they all came back normal, just with a huge sch in my uterus. I'm just wondering if the clot is something to worry about? Or is it the sch breaking up? I really don't want to go to the er. Other than the light cramps, there isn't any pain.

Re: sch and small clots?

• I would probably go to the ED if your OB does not have an on-call service.  If there is an on-call service, definitely give them a call to see what they want you to do (and listen to their advice). That said, if I were you, I'd want this checked out today.  If you were a prenatal patient of mine, I'd be sending you to the ED or OB triage for a check.  There's just no way of really knowing what's going on until you've been checked (cervix checked and doppler or US).  I know it sucks, but clots should always be checked out, especially if you've not had bleeding for a while.

If bleeding has been a problem and has been determined to be related to the SCH, then it's probably nothing scary, BUT I would go with being on the side of caution.
  • I've been bleeding for a while and when I call they just tell me to relax and put my feet up. I've seen a clot once before and everything was fine... I may give the midwives a call.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, just give them a call. Since you've been bleeding for a while, then it is very likely nothing at all.  But, that said, your doctor and/or MW would very much rather you call about benign things than have you not call and have it be something more serious.  Believe me.  I get a lot of calls from pregnant women who are concerned about things that are not problems, and I would much rather them call than not.  It's not annoying and you're not inconveniencing anyone by checking in, so don't ever hesitate to call! :)
  • I have a small Sch as well and I've been spotting on and off since week 4. It's very unnerving especially the watery pink spotting in the TP (sorry TMI) .. I can turn into a complete wreck and I'm sure the MWs think I've lost the plot...i can understand the whole anxiety around it. I hope everything turns out ok for you xoxo
  • I had bleeding yesterday, and was advised to go to the ER. It was not fun sitting there for four hours, but the peace of mind it gave me was so worth it!

@HeyStVincent‌ gave great advice (she gave me reassurance yesterday too). It's so scary, and sending well wishes your way!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"