Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC Fustration/Tiredness & Work Commitments

C6091C6091 member
edited August 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Anyone here have the worst bosses ever?

What career are you in and does it have a negative effect on TTC?. In my place of work you get treated unfairly, this has an effect on my mood when I go home therefore I am not in a baby making mood. I am also in college so all these things are a weight on my mind. My question is how do you ladies deal with everyday stress like this and still be in the mood to try and conceive?.
Our Anniversary:- 06.02.2014
Our LOs ED: - 06.04.2015

romantic movie couple for February:- Damon & Elena

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TTC Fustration/Tiredness & Work Commitments

• Options
    C6091C6091 member
    edited August 2014
    @bibliothecary‌ What wine would you recommend :)) ? I am sometimes scared to get into my car and drive home for fear of not being able to concentrate enough due to frustration. I guess I should share some wine with the BF maybe a little drunkenness will relax us. Spice things up a bit ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    C6091C6091 member
    edited August 2014
    C6091 said:

@bibliothecary‌ What wine would you recommend :)) ? I am sometimes scared to get into my car and drive home for fear of not being able to concentrate enough due to frustration. I guess I should share some wine with the BF maybe a little drunkenness will relax us. Spice things up a bit ;)

That was supposed to be a
    :) face not a :)) one..

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Another thing: on the ride home, I think about H. Good things. Old things. Whatever comes to mind. I think a lot of the time, we forget to focus on our Hs. We love them for a reason. Think of that reason.

That is true. Sometimes we take our hard days at work out on each other. Which isn't fair on anyone. I think tonight I'll head home and remind him that he is special to me. Men need to know someone cares just as much as we do.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love that idea @bibliothecary‌. I think I forget about how MH is feeling the disappointment of our TTC struggles too. It's definitely important for him to realize that no matter what happens with TTC, the two of us will always be a team.
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• Options
    MrsC0617 said:

I love that idea @bibliothecary‌. I think I forget about how MH is feeling the disappointment of our TTC struggles too. It's definitely important for him to realize that no matter what happens with TTC, the two of us will always be a team.

Yup, when you say 'I do' you become a team. I feel that way even with my BF. Just moved in together so that's an additional stress. He deserves a medal for putting up with me. Life is way too short so hug those you love close to you and remind them you still care as much as you did at the start.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cythe said:

I don't mean to pry or anything, but maybe consider a job change? I assume your career field is somewhat frustrating but if you're getting treated unfairly, it might be time for a change.

No it's a very good question. I have just gotten my first house with BF so I can't leave my job. I have been applying for other jobs but no luck :(. If I quit with no job it wouldn't be fair to him to have full financial responsibility for both of us.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Off topic, but while scrolling through I thought @MrsC0617 and @C6091 were the same person and I was very confused by this conversation. Carry on.

I can see how our usernames would cause confusion.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can totally relate. I am a teacher for children with autism who all have significant behaviors. Sometimes they can even be physically aggressive which can take a toll on me some days but I've learned that I have an amazing life outside of work filled with a loving husband, family and friends and it is what I do and not who I am. I try to separate work and never take any work home with me.

I started TTC in the summer months when I was off so I am a little worried if I will have the energy but having a baby is something that is important to me so I will just have to focus on the potential outcome!

I also love what I do and adore my students so that def helps and keeps me going! I honestly couldn't imagine doing anything else! Hope your work gets better and/or that you find something that makes you happy :)
  • Options
    I too have a terrible work environment and I can not leave because I am contracted for another few years. My boss is horrible and lets one of his favorites harass the rest of us with no repercussions whatsoever. I have come to the realization that my job sucks but it is temporary and I will be done with this hell hole in less than two years. I do love my career, however. 

Like some of the PP have mentioned, I try to leave work at work. I do not complain about work to DH but I do complain/vent to several of my former classmates and friends who are in similar situations. I try to decompress on my way home from work by listening to fun music or talking to friends on the phone. I finish all of my work, reading, paperwork, research, etc at work and try my best not to bring ANYTHING at home. If I do have to bring something home over the weekends I do that work at Starbucks so that work and home are separate. 

I do think that the stress of my field (medical) has an effect on my fertility, but I am actively working on this. This being said, keeping work and home as two separate entities has prevented the high stress environment from having any impact on my libido. 

So basically when I am home, I am HOME. When I am at work, I am 100% all work. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    If I have a really bad day, I hook up my phone to the radio and blast my favorite pandora station and sing like a crazy person. I am a "dance/sing it out" kind of person :)
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge - Workout Fails

Married 11/14/09
    Me: 27
    DH: 33
    TTC #1 since 1/1/14
  • Options
    Sorry you're having a tough time at work @C6091.

I can definitely relate. Recently both MH and I have been having hard times at work. I'm a social worker and he is in sales, so both can have quite demanding clients.

Both of us try to do some exercise after work - I go walk/run and he goes cycling. That tends to help with getting rid of negative feelings.

Recently the work stress has been interfering with ttc, with MH just being to tired to do anything. Although I was sad at being rejected, I do try not to make an issue of it. I do not want sex to become a cause of stress, and I certainly don't want trying to have a baby, interfering with our relationship.

Proudly on the dark side

• Options
    NenaB54NenaB54 member
    edited August 2014
    I am luckier than many and can say that I have an amazing boss & administration at my school. (Principal and 2 Assistant Principals I love ). However , I am a counselor in a junior high school with 1.000 kids - gen ed and special ed, and although I love my job, it is extremely stressful and hard when you are trying to help kids stuck in bad situations. I hAve been having nightmares about going back to work lol. Last year wAs especially tough on me but hope to take it easier this year. We will See. Wine def helps ! Going to try to take walks everyday too. :)
    Edit - spelling
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I thought your 'OH' wasn't ready to TTC?

Omg I thought 'OH' was other husband. You mean other half right? Right?!
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

CP- 12/27/14 confirmed 12/29/14
    Benched until further notice

• Options
    Nice catch.

OP, that's a pretty fast turnaround. Is he cool with TTC?
    I knew the name looked familiar!
    yes girls we have had a discussion the last time I posted anywhere was a week or so ago and since then we have decided to keep TTC.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    C6091 said:
    Nice catch.

yes girls we have had a discussion the last time I posted anywhere was a week or so ago and since then we have decided to keep TTC.  :)
    I now have money from college so we are more financially comfortable. It's not that he wasn't ready. He is. We just didn't expect our financial situation to pick up and it has. We are a lot more relaxed now. I still need a better job. I'm not 100% financially stable but I'm getting there. I just found out today that a new job may be on the horizon so everything is falling into place. Do not have to worry about my awful work environment for much longer.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

C6091 said:

C6091 said:

Nice catch.

I now have money from college so we are more financially comfortable. It's not that he wasn't ready. He is. We just didn't expect our financial situation to pick up and it has. We are a lot more relaxed now. I still need a better job. I'm not 100% financially stable but I'm getting there. I just found out today that a new job may be on the horizon so everything is falling into place. Do not have to worry about my awful work environment for much longer.

-----------------------quote boxes suck--------------
    Money from college as in you received an overage payment from your student loans? If so, you are temporarily financially stable. Yes, its nice to have a few thousand dollars in the bank, but what are you going to do when thats gone? You'll be back at square one. That money has to be paid back and is only hurting you in the long run.

No I don't take out loans. I get paid to attend college. I will be there for around two years also whilst working. I also have a new job lined up with better pay.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    C6091 said:

C6091 said:

C6091 said:

Nice catch.

-----------------------quote boxes suck--------------
    Money from college as in you received an overage payment from your student loans? If so, you are temporarily financially stable. Yes, its nice to have a few thousand dollars in the bank, but what are you going to do when thats gone? You'll be back at square one. That money has to be paid back and is only hurting you in the long run.

No I don't take out loans. I get paid to attend college. I will be there for around two years also whilst working. I also have a new job lined up with better pay.

It's not a loan I don't have to pay anything back x

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I appreciate everyone's advice. I will take it on board thank you very much ladies for all of your comments (:

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"