Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Temping question

Those of you who temp vaginally, do you have your legs open or closed while the thermometer is in?

Not sure if it affects temperature but I was just curious. I want to do it right!
Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

Re: Temping question

• Options
    Umm half way? Open far enough to get my hand in there so I can hold the thermometer where it needs to be. Definitely not spread eagle on the bed or anything.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, that's what I've been doing. I wasn't sure if my temp would be higher if I was closing my legs pretty tight while temping. Or vice versa, if it would be lower if more air was getting to the thermometer.

As I type this, I am thinking that this is a bizarre question to ask. Crazy train, much? ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wondered the same thing- if open or closed would affect it. But I guess it doesn't matter if you just do it the same way every time. Once the thermometer is in, my legs are closed because I'm on my side.
  • Options
    @Jags8‌, that's exactly the way I do it. And you're absolutely right, it makes sense to do it the same every time to ensure accuracy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"