Infertility

Triggering with a 4cm cyst?

Has anyone triggered and did an IUI with a large cyst? Found out on my CD11 US that I have a 4CM cyst along with a 19mm follicle on the SAME ovary. The 19mm follicle was oblong in shape and looked almost connected to the cyst. My regular RE did not do the scan because she was in a class yesterday, so an ARNP I have never met before did the scan. She said the cyst was probably leftover from last months cycle. Long story short the nurse called me a couple of hours later and said she spoke with my RE and said it was okay to trigger and do IUI this cycle. So of course I go on the internet about my situation and have read that a lot of cycles get cancelled because of cysts and usually have to wait it out until the cysts are gone. Anyone else been in this situation?
Me: 37 DH: 37, married since Sept. 2013. "actively" TTC for a total of 13 months (after 7 months of TTC, took a 1 1/2 year hiatus due to work scheduling and wedding planning. Started up again after our wedding in Sept.) First evaluation by an RE November 2013

HSG-normal
OH-tiny polyp found, but RE assured me she doesn't think it's contributing to infertility and doesn't recommend me to remove it because it's so small.
DH's SA-normal
Hormones all within normal levels
Ovarian Reserve-RE says "is great" she's not concerned about my egg quantity (which I was until I saw her and results came back good!) 

04/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
06/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
11/2013 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger=BFN (prescribed by RE, monitored with US (2 dominant follicles) and baseline bloodwork done)
01/2014 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger-(prescribed by RE, monitored with US-1 dominant follicle)=BFN
06/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger (prescribed by RE, monitored with US-2 dominant follicles), IUI #1 on 7/3/14=BFN
07/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, benched for IUI#2 this cycle, because I ovulated on my own before my follicular US. Progesterone suppositories=BFN Diagnosed with PCOS this month too. Testosterone levels high at 76. =( 
08/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger with 19mm follicle. IUI#2 on 8/31 cancelled last minute due to family emergency. 
09/2014 Taking a 3 month break starting this month. If not pregnant in 3 months, will start up again with medicated cycles and IUIs. Had all my labs and AFC re-evaluated this month also. RE says nothing much has changed since my eval last November, okay for me to take a little break. =) 

Re: Triggering with a 4cm cyst?

• Yeah I have, I actually triggered my IVF cycle with a cyst that developed from all the stimming. It's still there and hurts but the RE says it won't pose a risk to the baby or anything .
    Me (27), DH (27) 1 fur baby
    TTC Sept '11
    Found ovarian cyst Sept '12
    surgery to remove cyst and diagnose endometriosis Jan '13
    Lupron injections Feb '13-July ' 13
    TTC on own July-November '13
    IUI #1 January '14-BFN
    IUI#2 February'14 cancelled due to not responding to Clomid
    IVF #1 cancelled 4/28/14 due to not responding to meds and not enough follicles
    IVF #2- BFP due May'15

• Yeah I have, I actually triggered my IVF cycle with a cyst that developed from all the stimming. It's still there and hurts but the RE says it won't pose a risk to the baby or anything .
    Me (27), DH (27) 1 fur baby
    TTC Sept '11
    Found ovarian cyst Sept '12
    surgery to remove cyst and diagnose endometriosis Jan '13
    Lupron injections Feb '13-July ' 13
    TTC on own July-November '13
    IUI #1 January '14-BFN
    IUI#2 February'14 cancelled due to not responding to Clomid
    IVF #1 cancelled 4/28/14 due to not responding to meds and not enough follicles
    IVF #2- BFP due May'15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"