1st Trimester

Left Arm Pains

I recently found out my husband and I are expecting our first child. I am 4 weeks and 2 days. Last night I woke up with sharp pains in my left arm, kind of like what you would call a "Charlie horse" in your leg. They lasted all night and I woke up and it's not as bad but I can still feel it there.

I don't really know what to think about this and I am kinda freaked out! Anyone have any idea as to what it is or what I can do to stop it??

Re: Left Arm Pains

• That could be anything from sleeping on it funny to a heart attack. Call your doctor.
    image  imageimage

D14 mama with an O14 baby.
  • My husband has massaged my shoulder and could feel knots and my shoulders feel very tight. Could this be it? I'm only 22 so I would hate to think I am having a heart attack!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure you're not having a heart attack. I was just exaggerating to point out that it could be so many things. Giving your doctor a ring should be at the top of all our lists for worrisome symptoms/aches/pains. In the meantime, sounds like DH should keep up with the massages :)
    image  imageimage

D14 mama with an O14 baby.
  • I called our pharmacy and they told me to use Begay very sparingly and continue with the massages. Maybe that will rub out the knots. I can't get ahold of my doctor until Tuesday being it's a Holiday Weekend. So we will try this and see if it works! Thank you for your help!! I appreciate all the feedback. I'm so new to this that I just don't even know what is normal and what is alarming!
  • Get thee to a bookstore 

What to Expect When You're Expecting  and there is another good one put out by the Mayo Clinic.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"