January 2015 Moms
Options

Going home outfit for baby

2»

Re: Going home outfit for baby

• Options
    Oh and when we were out you could not even see his cute outfit because I was wearing him! Haha.
  • Options
    lavet22 said:
    I always do a going home and picture outfit and then its put away for them when they are older so each has their own outfit i just dont know what team we are on yet so soon as i do i will be searching the stores for one its usually a sleeper and hat :) cant wait!
    I do the same thing!!  All 3 boys have their going home outfit in a little box along with their baby book and 1st year scrapbook.  This baby girl will have something cute and adorable to go home in.  I'm leaning towards a really soft knit outfit, I just don't know what yet.
    oh your more prepared than I! lol I didn't do too well with baby books as I had 3 in 3 years I don't even think I combed my hair for those years but I do have their outfits put away so im not a total wreck of a parent :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh and we didn't swaddle, but this newborn swaddling blanket was bamboo and also from westcoastbaby. It was so soft and looked great! Slightly stretchy.

(Photo copyright Jillian Kirby Baby)
  • Options
    I let my husband pick out the outfit since it's his first baby. They just opened a Carter's near our house so we went and grabbed something during an opening sale. The outfit comes with a matching sleeper so I'll probably take the pants off and throw that on before we actually go. I picked the super fluffy pram.

• Options
    @NatureLovers‌ I'm a huge fan of gymboree... They also have a NB size that goes up to 8-9 lbs or so. That's what I had DD in when she came home and it fit perfectly.

Each kid had a special outfit for coming home and I have saved all 4.
  • Options
    This was DS. I guess DS2 will wear this or something similar. My mom made the hat, and the booties are the same ones DH wore home when he was born.
  • Options
    StargirlbStargirlb member
    edited August 2014
    I'm also probably the odd one out who doesn't shop for kids clothes at Carter's, old navy, or target. I find it so generic. Larger stores I do like are Zara, Jcrew (crewcuts,) and sometimes GAP (jackets), American apparel, and Lands End (for boots/backpacks). I like Hanna Anderson pjs. I also like a bunch of smaller brands like the ones I shared already. Local when possible. I like high quality stuff that is also a bit unique.

Oh and Gymboree is the perfect example of what I dislike. Too cutesy

I do like 90 percent of my kids clothing shopping on line. Can usually find better prices (wait for the sales,) and I'm actually in the border line up right now to go to pick up a bunch of kids clothes, mostly back to school, I ordered. 20 minutes waiting so far! Ugh!
  • Options
    If we can find a Winnie the pooh outfit we will use that. We brought DS home in a Tigger one.
  • Options
    Speaking of the Labor Day Sale at Carters:
    I'm going to buy DS's snow suit, snow gloves, and snow boots today. With the sale at carters, all of it will cost 57(+tax) and it is still 30 dollars cheaper than just the regularly priced snow suit. I'm excited
  • Options
    Better picture of the outfit.
  • Options
    This makes me wish I could buy baby cloths right now! We are waiting till our AS to see if we are able to find out what we are having. Me and dh were looking at neutral clothing and I found one that I liked and he couldn't understand why we needed a going home outfit. He legitely wanted to take the baby home naked and put blankets on it! :|
  • Options
    LadyXaverianLadyXaverian member
    edited August 2014
    I've got these 3 things in a shopping cart right now, along with a few things for Nora, but I haven't committed yet because it's a little pricey. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to baby clothes lol.

ETA: This is from Naartjie.

I went ahead and splurged on it along with a few things for Nora (below) with my husband's blessing because $100 is a lot to spend on 2 outfits and a jacket for the wee ones lol.

imageimage
    candice spot hooded jacket

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Darn you ladies! I just spent more money on cute baby stuff that I shouldn't be spending money on!! My pile of baby clothes is building...
  • Options
    I haven't really thought about it, but doubt we'd use anything "special." It's going to be super cold here, so we'll put him/her in something cozy and warm for the ride home. 
  • Options
    Well, if this winter is anything like last winter (they are predicting worse conditions) the temperature will be in the single digits with a 'feels like' in the negatives. So we will probably go with a zip up fleece sleep and play with matching hat.
  • Options
    StargirlbStargirlb member
    edited August 2014
    My 8lb6oz baby fit newborn better than 0-3. He wasn't in 0-3 for a couple weeks. My 6lb baby girl was in preemie size for the first week or two.
  • Options
    We brought C home in a white and gray penguin footie. Since this LO is due around the same time and we are team green again, I plan on using it again :)

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    nah82nah82 member
    edited August 2014
    So...I just ordered the second outfit.  FYI: A lot of stores who carry Carter's are also running the 50% off deal this weekend.  I had a shopping bag filled over $50 on the Carter's website and it would not let me apply the 25% off code.  I decided to check JCP and Sear's.  JCP had the same outfit for $12.99 and there is a code available for 20% off if you pay with a JCP card, 15% off otherwise (BUYNOW).  Then I could get it shipped to store for $2.95 instead of paying $6 to ship like Carter's wanted, plus I will be able to return in store if we find out we are having a boy instead!  (We don't have an actual Carter's store anywhere close.)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have my brothers from when he was born. However, he was born in May so we'll have to add something to it. Dd came home in my outfit, with something else under it as well.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rodiesmumrodiesmum member
    edited August 2014
    Definitely. Will start shopping after a/s results are in! Tom is a/s day

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Options
    BookitBooBookitBoo member
    edited September 2014
    KJsbabe said:

I went to the Carter's outlet last weekend and pick this up for baby boy's coming home outfit. So cute! I couldn't resist!
    https://www.carters.com/carters-baby-boy-one-pieces/VM_115A188.html?dwvar_VM__115A188_color=Blue&dwvar_VM__115A188_size=3M#navID=left&start=4&cgid=carters-baby-boy-one-pieces

And just a PSA for those of you thinking about getting bunting, snow suits, and other fluffy cosey outfits. These things do not belong in your child's car seat. They can seriously compromise the safety of your baby. In the event of an accident, the coat will compress on impact and the seat straps will become too loose. Here is some more information on the dangers. https://www.education.com/magazine/article/coats-car-seats/

For those in cold areas, I would suggest dressing baby in a fleece sleeper, buckle them into the car seat, then lay a thick, warm blanket over. This is a great option for a car seat blanket https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003ZUXQY4/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1409427718&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

ETA: @KJsbabe‌

I had no idea about this, thank you very much for posting it!

• Options
    Well we may not have a name yet but baby girl will be coming home in this cute little elephant (I'm on a total elephant and giraffe kick) number. I'm not a fan of pink so things are hard to find!
  • Options
    I have a couple fleece sleepers and that will be it for a coming home outfit. To me it's not really a big deal. DD was in the nicu and when we finally got the OK to leave we hightailed it out of there in the sleeper she had on :)
  • Options
    What I picked up for the baby to come home in:

It's not thick at all, just warm and fuzzy. I think it will work for coming home?
  • Options
    BookitBoo said:
    What I picked up for the baby to come home in: It's not thick at all, just warm and fuzzy. I think it will work for coming home?
    It's so cute...but I'd still be weary of that outfit in a car seat! It is still on the thick side! (Just in my opinion!)
  • Options
    It does look really thick, and I'm not sure. It doesn't really -feel- that thick if that makes sense?

I'll probably use something else anyway (who doesn't love baby clothes, right?) thanks for looking out @tripletoe‌
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm waiting for more winter stuff to come out before picking a coming home outfit. I'm excited to get it all set, but it is still so early.

As for bulky clothing in car seat I have found that it isn't just how thick the material is, but how much it bunches up on them.

For NB pictures (in the hospital) I did just buy this headband from etsy and I'm ridiculously excited about it!
    https://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/14/45/22/144522d4c0ecb9ddbba05af2849eafab.jpg

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    i'm not too concerned about baby being warm enough (even in minnesota in january, lol) because i have a footmuff thingy for our infant seat.  the buckles thread through the back of it, you put baby in it and buckle, and then it zips over the buckles with nothing but baby's little face poking out.  that plus a blanket to block the wind should do it.  plus i expect SO to have the car nice and warm before we go out.  lol.

i'm still holding out to find out the sex before planning an outfit, but it'll likely either be a footed sleeper or a onesie/pants set, with hat and booties of course.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    It won't likely be too cold here, though last January we had a few days below freezing.  Mostly it's around 40*F or so. 

I'm going to custom sew & embroider an outfit like this:

Except it'll be a onesie instead of a gown, and the hat will be made of the same fabric as the "R" for Ryan.  And I'm going to make little romper pants out of that same material.

Haven't picked out the fabric yet, but I'm excited :-)  Not sure if I am going to do 2 of them in different sizes (newborn & preemie, I guess?) to make sure it fits him.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    We'll get him a cute sleeper to come home in. I haven't picked one out yet.

For those wondering about sizing, my 9 lb 4 oz baby fit in newborn size, it may have even been a tad big. I think it is very, very rare for a newborn to not fit in newborn size. They may only wear it for two weeks, but it should be fine for coming home from the hospital.

Also, those estimates about the baby's birth weight are totally not reliable, so I wouldn't put much stock in what they tell you at your last u/s. Almost no one I know had a baby near the weight that they were told to expect.

• Options
    My regular OB is terrible at guesstimating i always have to minus 2-3 lbs from what he says but one OB i see when mine is unavailable has always been right on in lbs off by a few oz's
  • Options
    How about turning the placenta into baby's first onesie? Gut it out, add some holes for his limbs and head..?
  • Options
    Whichever one fits best ! My mum is knitting these cardies daily so I'm sure I'll have them in every colour come January!
  • Options
    I got this (in slightly different colors) over the weekend, but its too light. Maybe I'll double up on a regular onesie and some pants to get him out of the hospital! 

Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options

For those wondering about sizing, my 9 lb 4 oz baby fit in newborn size, it may have even been a tad big. I think it is very, very rare for a newborn to not fit in newborn size. They may only wear it for two weeks, but it should be fine for coming home from the hospital.

Also, those estimates about the baby's birth weight are totally not reliable, so I wouldn't put much stock in what they tell you at your last u/s. Almost no one I know had a baby near the weight that they were told to expect.
    My DS1 did  not fit in the newborn outfits that did not have the buttons by the neck hole. His head was too big (he was 8lb 11oz). So that might be something to consider though. 

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    edited September 2014
    I bought one outfit (edit: potential going home outfit) that was cute so far, but I'll wait until closer to actually pick the one we go with. The weather is a bit unpredictable for winter. I do like the idea of bringing a little sister outfit to the hospital too though. 

• Options
    We have a family "going home" dress that all us girls came home in.  But I don't really like it, so I think we're going to buck family tradition haha.  Since I already knit a Broncos hat for my baby girl and I want her to come home in that, I have a feeling we'll be bringing her home in a little Broncos or football themed outfit hehe.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"