1st Trimester

GBS ??

I'm 9 weeks and I did a bunch of blood work ect. On my last doctors visit. I got a call today saying my urine tested positive for GBS and they now want me on amoxicillin.. I have read a little bit about what GBS is but how do you get it and how serious is it?? Will I need more testing done??

Re: GBS ??

• That's really odd... They don't give you antibiotics to "cure" it. You either have it or you don't. It's just one of those things and it's not serious as long as your doctor isn't an idiot. You get antibiotics when you go into labor to decrease the chance of baby getting infection.

• I worked in a urology office and typically the doctors didn't treat GBS in urine. Usually GBS in the urine sample is due to not obtaining urine by a 'clean catch'. However, if a patient was having symptoms of a UTI the doctors would treat it. If you are having concerns about taking the antibiotics, you should speak to your doctor. Personally, I would err on the side of caution and take the antibiotics. A UTI can lead to a kidney infection and that is no joke. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"