January 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone else have a "lazy" baby?

We had our follow up A/S today (2 weeks ago the tech couldn't get any of the measurements bc baby was curled up in a ball and didnt want to move much).

The tech said she got everything she needed, but baby's sex is still undetermined! According to her (and my dr) some babies are just pokey and dont like to move much, but of course it makes me anxious that baby isn't moving as much as it "should". My son was a big time constant mover when I was pg with him, so this is totally different for me.

I also have an anterior placenta this time around, so even when baby is moving, I cant feel much yet. Anyone else have a passive baby that doesn't like to move much?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else have a "lazy" baby?

• Options
    Yeah, at this point, since the tech said she got everything she needed, I'm assuming we probably wont find out the sex until the baby is born. Unless my dr sees a need for another scan, that is.
  • Options
    Unfortunately the cost of an elective ultrasound is not in thw budget for us, money's been a bit tight lately, so unless my dr want to be nice and sneak a quick scan in the office, I guess we'll just have to wait.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS was super active. This little lady - next to nothing. As long as she's healthy, she can sleep away.
  • Options
    My son was very active but my daughter was very quiet in the womb (so much that I had to be hooked up to a non-stress test to track movement). Their personalities totally match what I noticed in the womb! Son = crazy wild Daughter = laid back, easy going. This one is pretty "quiet" too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My DS was super active. This little lady - next to nothing. As long as she's healthy, she can sleep away.

True. I guess it all can depend on temperament too. This baby seems to be very passive compared to my DS.

The only thing that sucks about having to go to a radiology clinic for ultrasounds is that its not an instant gratification type of thing. The tech said "everything looks good, your dr will be in touch if there are any concerns", which I knoe its their job and they arent supposed to tell you anything, but it definitely makes it nervewracking not to get answers right then in there.

I'm sure all is fine, but its definitely different from when I had my ultrasound with my son right in the dr office.
  • Options
    Glad to see I'm not alone. My DD was super crazy in the womb. This guy slept through most of our 18 week a/s last week, and turns out I have an anterior placenta. I do hope he picks up the pace in a few weeks though. Even though my DD was wild, she wasn't consistent until 21-22 weeks.
  • Options
    Baby girl is definitely a sleeper. She was super curled up at the a/s as well. It took A LOT of poking and prodding by tech to even find out boy or girl. Lol.
  • Options
    MrsT0514MrsT0514 member
    edited August 2014
    @CrazyMonkeyBear‌ oh yes, I tried it all. Before the first the scan (2 wks prior) I drank a small cup of coffee. This time I brought lemonade with me and drank it the whole way there. Although, I was starving when she was scanning me, so who knows. Just a passive baby I guess!

Eta but both scans were at the same time of day, so maybe that's just a sleepy time for this baby. I also have an anterior placenta that was kind of getting in the way a little.
  • Options
    DS was wild man. This baby is pretty chill until around 8 or 10 at night and then it''a a dance party. I love it because DS is in bed and I can focus on the flutters and kicks (that are still super nice since s/he's still so little), and helps ease my anxiety.

FWIW my mom told me that I never moved en utero until the day before I was born, and it makes sense -- I like napping a lot.

I know my OB hosted a 4D sonogram special over Mother's Day when I was pregnant with DS. And since I wasn't far enough along they allowed me to book it then, at the special rate. I wonder if, like PP mentioned, any elective places do that? And if they will have holiday specials?
  • Options
    Our little girl was also balled up. She was not very happy about the u/s tech bothering her. We had a hard time getting shots of her kidneys because she did not want to roll over. She was kind enough to show us she's a girl though.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"