November 2014 Moms
Options

Jaw cracking?

Curlyfries851Curlyfries851 member
edited August 2014 in November 2014 Moms
I've been having my jaw misalign like crazy lately...I can't even yawn without cracking my jaw

Wondering if this is possibly pregnancy related. Anyone else noticing this or am I a total weirdo? Lol

----//edited to change title. Didn't realize "lockjaw" was way more serious....

Re: Jaw cracking?

• Options
    Hmm... I thought lockjaw referred to an infection related to tetanus and/or when your mouth couldn't open.  I hope you have neither!

Popping your jaw a lot may be related to the general relaxation of all of our joints during pregnancy (thanks to the relaxin hormone... possibly the most awesome name in all of human biology).  I haven't noticed anything like that personally though.  Although, at this point, everything's "just one of those pregnancy things" it seems. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow....call me ignorant, but I truly did not know that tetanus manifested as jaw tightening. Yeah definitely not tetanus yikes!

It's definitely just my jaw almost mis aligning and then cracking. I will look is this relaxin you speak of...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Curlyfries851Curlyfries851 member
    edited August 2014
    Yeah definitely not tetanus...haven't had any cuts or random stuff like that. Plus all blood work has come back normal. Just weird that it's almost like when I yawn and go to close my mouth it almost feels like my jaw catches on one side, almost like it lined up wrong when I opened wide. Then it almost cracks to go back into place....
  • Options
    @lissydee‌ do you know what exactly TMJ is? When I try to google it, it seems like people keep trying to connect it with tetanus, but I know it's not that....
  • Options
    Very helpful link. I guess since I have no pain I don't have to worry too much. Thanks @lissydee‌ :D
  • Options
    @bethas‌ is your mouth guard a generic one or one that you had fitted from a dentist?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"