April 2014 Moms

BG Freetimes

edited August 2014 in April 2014 Moms
Anyone else have this problem?

Lately when I've been using Freetimes I've found urine beaded on my baby's skin. I prepped them along with my cotton diapers, though I don't know how much good prepping does on synthetics, and didn't have this problem before the last two weeks. Granted, Freetimes aren't my favorites anyway, but wanted to know if it was just me before I decided to ditch them.

On a related note: anyone have wicking AIOs they love besides the freetime?
2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
Married: May 2006
Baby Girl Born: April 2014
If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
I am here to live out loud!

Re: BG Freetimes

• I'm not a big fan of the Freetimes, but I can tell you that synthetics don't need to be "prepped" like natural fibers. They just need to be washed once before wear. The only AIOs I have really liked are Blueberry Basix. They just started making a OS version, but I really like the sized ones. They have side snaps and are super trim.
  • I don't have any free times, but I love the elementals. Bottombumpers is a great hybrid AIO (snap in soaker) but suck over night. We use Sloomb or Imagine OBFs with a cover at night with this super soaker.
  • Loading the player...
  • Elemental BG in Chaplin and Bottombumpers OS in Pixi (side snaps, note how the rose adjusts on the inside for a very trim and clean look)
  • Freetimes didn't work for us. Zac needed more absorption. Weird it's repelling on the skin not the diaper? I'm guessing you are using a cloth diaper cream? Does baby have urine beading up with same cream different diapers? We love moraki diapers. Made in California. We use their organic all in ones but they have all in 2s and all in ones with stay dry lining.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel like beading happens when my kid is really wet and doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with the diaper. I use mostly prefolds and fitteds but when I want stay dry I usually use pockets.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • J&NLJ&NL member
    meg.eliz1 said:

We use almost exclusively Freetimes and love them. I have never had any kind of repelling problems with them.

This. I haven't had any issues with mine.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • What is beading?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Freetimes didn't work for us. Zac needed more absorption. Weird it's repelling on the skin not the diaper? I'm guessing you are using a cloth diaper cream? Does baby have urine beading up with same cream different diapers? We love moraki diapers. Made in California. We use their organic all in ones but they have all in 2s and all in ones with stay dry lining.

I use cream occasionally but not often. None today. I thought it was weird, too. I use BG elementals and Grovias usually but like stay dry for the car. Haven't had this problem with any of my cottons but they soak up like paper towels. I have a few Morakis but they're super bulky on my trim Bean. I wanted to love them, being from California, but like the fit of Grovias so much more. Maybe I'll take @rrrrrachel's advice and branch out into some pockets for stay dry, as I didn't love Thirsties either.

• did you get my covers?  try stuffing a prefold inside them.  it will be super bulky, but it will be stay-dry.  i think i sent you two BG 3.0s and 2 blueberry pockets, right?  those will all wick moisture away from the skin.
  • @MamaFantastic‌ I did! You sent me the blueberries and I'm a bad friend; I never called to thank you! I'm not desperate for wicking but I like them for car rides, and am just disappointed in the Freetimes overall, especially now that I'm having this beading problem and they're not absorbing.

@eme520 Good suggestion. I have liners but don't see the point in using them on something that's already supposed to wick, you know?

@mamrotu73‌ Good thought, but I actually use wipes dry, and spray on water with a little essential oil when she's got a poo. I don't know. The pockets @MamaFantastic‌ sent me and the thirsties I've never had the problem of urine left on the skin. But the Freetimes just aren't absorbing all of a sudden. Biz. Arre.

• Does it happen every time in the Freetimes? and in every color etc? Really weird. Like mamrotu suggested the wipe solution but you said no … Not using fabric softener, right? How can you not love your morakis? I'm a little more than obsessed. :) Yes, a little bulky but they hold everything in! Want to sell them to me?? :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"