April 2014 Moms

Pumpin' Pals & Pumping Question

cd92007cd92007 member
edited August 2014 in April 2014 Moms
Has anyone tried Pumpin' Pals and had it increase their output? 

I'm so frustrated with pumping lately. I'll be pumping and there will be nothing coming out, then I'll pull off the flanges and when they re-suction, I'll have a ton of milk squirt out, so I know I have milk.. but then after my boob gets sucked in further, the milk flow will stop again. It almost feels like too much of my boob is being sucked into the pump and it's preventing the milk from coming out (maybe?? I have no idea what's going on!) I tried going to a smaller size flange but it didn't help. I've also tried low, medium and high power. Does anyone have any insight? I'm wondering if Pumpin' Pals would help... 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pumpin' Pals & Pumping Question

• ^^^ this exactly. I've seen a small increase but nothing to get excited about. The comfort is with it alone for me.
  • I have the same problem! I was going to go to a smaller flange size because I thought that might be the issue, but you're saying that didn't change anything for you? Pumpin Pals was going to be my next stop, so you'll have to report back your findings!!

• Loading the player...
  • Massage definitely. I use heat if I have a clog. I'm also a bit lazy and use this vibrating thing that was on my sons bassinet between my boobs lol

Married 05/10/13
    Wyatt Nicholas born 04/10/14
  • I squeeze that crap out!

Seriously though I squish my boobs together. Then after 8-10 minutes I take the pump off and massage and then pump some more for a total if 15 minute

How long are your sessions?
  • eme520 said:

I actually had better production when I switched to a larger size flange (larger than the picture says you are supposed to use). I seem to remember that others on this board have had the same results. I use Pumpin Pals too, but that's more for the comfort so I can lean back more when I pump.

That was me. Switching to larger increased my output. For s***s and giggles last week I went down to the stock size and pumped 27mL! So that's a loss of well over 8oz! I died laughing. I don't use pumping pals, don't really know what they are.
  • Thanks guys... I need to go to Buy Buy Baby this weekend so I'm going to pick up some larger flanges and give it a try! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just ordered larger flanges- hopefully they work for me too! I am getting so frustrated! I bought the smaller ones thinking they would be better, and I was in tears by the end of day 1- they hurt sooo bad!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• eme520 said:
    I actually had better production when I switched to a larger size flange (larger than the picture says you are supposed to use). I seem to remember that others on this board have had the same results. I use Pumpin Pals too, but that's more for the comfort so I can lean back more when I pump.

yep me too. I ended up going bigger after the pumping pals didn't work for me and it made a huge difference.
  • What kind of pump do you have? It sounds like you aren't letting down consistently with the pump, which is a problem I had with my POS Ameda that I got from my insurance. Then I gave up on it and bought a Medela PIS, and it changed my life. Of course it's a vicious cycle, too. When you are stressed about pumping, it makes letdown harder to achieve. Just like orgasm!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"