Infertility

Syringes Allowed on Carry Ons?

We're flying to FL this weekend and I have to take my Lupron kit. I just wanted to double check, but I should be ok to go through security since the lot has my rx and info on it? Also, is it ok for the Lupron to go through the X-ray? TIA!
**********SIGGY/TICKER WARNING**********

ALL WELCOME!

TTC since 04/12
Me- 26 PCOS
DH- 28 MFI
10/13 IUI #1 (1 follie)- BFP!
11/13 M/C @9 wk due to tetraploidy, one little boy in heaven
01/14 IUI#2 (1 follie) BFN
02/14 IUI #3 (3 follies) BFN
03/14 IUI #4 (2 follies) BFN
05/14 IVF/ICSI #1 CXL
07/14 IVF/ICSI #1.2 6R, 6M, 5F, 2T, 2 frosties!
Transferred 2-5dt  CP
09/14 FET #1 BFP! Beta #1 52 Beta #2 152!
10/20/14- It's TWINS!

1/15- TEAM PURPLE!
BabyFruit Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Syringes Allowed on Carry Ons?

• https://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/medically-necessary-liquids-gels-and-aerosols

Not a problem at all! I'm sure there's no issue with putting it through the x-ray machine, but if you'd rather not, then you can ask them to hand-inspect it.

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• You can fly with the meds, yes, as long as they're in a prescription box. If you've got a note from your RE, I'd take it with you. I'm not sure about the x-ray; my first instinct is yes, a scan or two is fine, but I remember reading something awhile back about certain meds (insulin, I think) not being stable after multiple x-ray scans. I think you have the option of presenting the meds for hand-inspection, too.
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought so, but wanted to make sure. Thanks ladies!

ALL WELCOME!

TTC since 04/12
    Me- 26 PCOS
    DH- 28 MFI
    05/14 IVF/ICSI #1 CXL
    Transferred 2-5dt  CP
    10/20/14- It's TWINS!

1/15- TEAM PURPLE!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Update: I found the thing I remembered reading, and it *seems* like there's no reason you can't put it through the x-ray once or twice. But someone else please correct me if you've been strongly warned against it. 

Oh, and you should tell the screeners up front that you have a bunch of needles. 
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had to take PIO on a plane with me when we did our donor embryo FET in FL. I had my RE send a letter just in case, but no big deal at all.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• gsanchogsancho member
    edited August 2014
    I've flown with Lupron and PIO several times.  It's never been an issue.  I kept a copy of a prescription receipt of the meds on hand, but no one ever said anything.  The first time I was flying I asked a TSA agent about it, and she said it's no big deal - they see it all the time for diabetes.  I always carried them in a separate zip lock bag and took them out of my carry-on when going through the x-ray.

The only thing that came up one time is I had several ice blocks with the lupron to keep it cold and one was starting to get mushy.  If the blocks start turning to liquid, they have to get rid of them.  So be sure any ice is super cold or just ask for ice in a bag at a restaurant in the terminal.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • I flew with my lupron and had a letter from my RE just in case but they didn't need it. Although on the way back I put it in my husbands carry on because the smaller plane on the way there made me check my carry on in an outside compartment because of room and I didn't want it to get hot.

Of course he got stopped because of something "sharp". Come to find out his dad gave him a collectible knife as a gift and my genius husband took it out of our check on bag and put it in his carry on. He had to throw it away because the bitch at the check in baggage wouldn't go get our bag that we could see. She said she was busy and if we waited on her we would definitely miss our plane. They are just so friendly!!!
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Good info to know! I'm trying to convince DH to go on a last minute vacay to Vegas before we start stims. Thanks @jessimi06 for asking!

Side note -- I don't keep my lupron cold. I thought follistim was the only one that required refrigeration (of my cocktail)? Am I messing my lupron up?

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Pintobean39‌ - man, what a bitch. Like it would be hard to grab the bag that's right there?!

@katers79‌ - not all Lupron has to be refrigerated. Mine doesn't, although you could refrigerate it to help extend the life span. I've never done it though.

ALL WELCOME!

TTC since 04/12
    Me- 26 PCOS
    DH- 28 MFI
    05/14 IVF/ICSI #1 CXL
    Transferred 2-5dt  CP
    10/20/14- It's TWINS!

1/15- TEAM PURPLE!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • katers79 said:
    Side note -- I don't keep my lupron cold. I thought follistim was the only one that required refrigeration (of my cocktail)? Am I messing my lupron up?
    My pharmacist told me that it does not need to be refrigerated, but it should not be allowed to get hot. So if your home isn't climate controlled, then yes, you should refrigerate. I'm using the 2-week kit, so I can't speak to any other formulations.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"