August 2014 Moms
Options

Castor Oil anyone?

Today is my due date so not medically in any rush, but baby is breach so c section is looming. Trying to get labour going ASAP! Is anyone trying castor oil?

Re: Castor Oil anyone?

• Options
    I'm not always opposed to castor but even the OBs and MWs who recommend it are clear that breech presentation eliminates you as a safe candidate. I absolutely would not do it.
  • Options
    I took caster oil with DS1 when I was 10 days past my due date. I do credit it with starting my labor, but I was very uncomfortable dealing with diarrhea through the whole thing. I would only do it as a very last resort. And as PPs have said, if baby is breach, why would you? Guessing you don't want to be pooping your brains out with a c-section ...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited August 2014
    PregoWpg said:

Today is my due date so not medically in any rush, but baby is breach so c section is looming. Trying to get labour going ASAP! Is anyone trying castor oil?

Today is your due date, baby is breech, and you want to induce labor? I'm surprised your doctor hasn't already scheduled your c-section. They usually like to AVOID labor with a breech presentation...
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    Winnipeg is a bit of a hub for vaginal breech delivery actually. Just can't go too overdue so I have until next week before a scheduled c/s instead of waiting for labour to start.
  • Options
    All castor oil is going to do is give you painful cramps and the runs. Baby won't come til he is ready.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    PregoWpg said:

Winnipeg is a bit of a hub for vaginal breech delivery actually. Just can't go too overdue so I have until next week before a scheduled c/s instead of waiting for labour to start.

A fellow Manitoban! Honey I would probably avoid the castor oil (even though my mother keeps trying to make me take it b/c I'm between 3 - 5 days overdue depending on which medical professional you ask) apparently it can cause painful diarrhea not just a lot but almost fiery. During a c section that would probably be highly uncomfortable. If you're determined though then go ahead but have you asked your OB about it?

Whatever you choose goodluck darlin!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"