October 2013 Moms

Any LOs not pulling up yet?

DS will be 11 months next Tues. He army crawls, loves to stand (when put in a standing position), and walks with his Vtech learning walker like a little pro. But he still cannot pull/get himself up to standing from his belly or from a completely seated position. Not on toys, the couch, his crib, nothing. He kind of tries but he just can't get it yet. Any other O13 babies not doing this?

He will not crawl on his hands and knees at all. He can kind of pull himself up onto me when I'm sitting on the floor, but it's a struggle. It's like he doesn't know how to bend his knees or use them to get up. DD was pulling up on everything by 9 months so I feel like DS is behind!

Do I just chill out? Call the pedi? Feed him more spinach so he grows muscles like Popeye? Help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any LOs not pulling up yet?

• I have no advise to offer but we are in the same boat. Declan isn't pulling up yet, don't walk or cruise with help or on his own and doesn't traditionally crawl, just army crawls. I thought I was the only one with a baby that didn't cruise or pull up yet. Phew, this makes me feel a little bit better because I know DS1 was way further along than he is.
    I'm trying to be patient because I know as soon as I call the pediatrician he will do it the next day, lol!
  • My kid is 10 months old and she's not crawling yet either. She gets on all fours and wobbles a bit, then either sits back or belly flops. Needless to say, pulling up is not even on the horizon.  I'm not concerned, there seems to be a wide range of what is considered normal.

• Loading the player...
  • Alright, I'm putting the brakes on the freak out train.  I know that worrying about stuff like this is usually silly and that we shouldn't compare babies… but it has been on my mind a lot lately. @Phalaenopsis I know in my head about the wide range of normal, but my freak out tendency heart thanks you for replying. :) It does help to know that he's not the only one.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Same dealio here. L is perfectly content to crawl and sit. She has no interest in pulling up yet. She has done it twice in her crib, but I'm thinking now that it was only because her mattress was up too high and she was getting good leverage.
  • DS army crawled/scooted for such a long time and only in the past week or so has truly been crawling on hands and knees. I had pretty much given up hope of normal crawling when he started so just give it some time. It will probably happen all at once!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @wedding06 I totally agree about the helmet statement. I believe it held him back a bit developmentally because Lincoln didn't start doing hardly anything mobile until it was off. I know all the brochures say it won't alter development, but I have seen differently. It wouldn't have changed my decision to get it, I just now believe that it can delay some children in this area to a degree.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was just talking about this with my sister the other day and she said her daughters weren't pulling up until after their first birthdays.Then they went on to walk almost right away. DD has been pulling up for a little while, but I think she's still a ways away from walking.
  • Not comparing is hard even when you know there is a wide range of what is normal timeframes for milestones.  I also have to agree with the helmets possibly slowing them down.  DS2 had his a short amount of time (9 weeks I think) but he didn't sit independently until a couple weeks after it was off.

I wouldn't worry about crawling, it is not a milestone.  Plus there are many forms that are considered crawling not just the hands and knees crawling.  Butt scooting is considered crawling, so it Army crawling.

They all get to the same place in their own time.  I wouldn't worry unless your pedi is worried.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LO is almost 11 months and just started to pull up, crawl, stairs, cruise the furniture... And let go in the last two weeks. She exploded! Give him some time... He will get it worked out!
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• wedding06 said:

I think some of the O13 babies are way ahead of the curve and it is hard not to compare. Up until a week ago Callan was not crawling, pulling up, cruising, or anything. Then in the past week he has done all these things. He even tried to climb into the tub last night! My point is, don't compare- 10-11 mos is still quite young and he is mobile, just not in traditional ways yet!

I also truly believe the helmet set us back developmentally because he did nothing until it was off. So our boys have lost time to catch up on.

I couldn't agree more about the delay with him having the helmet on! It took a few days but once he got it off he was army crawling around a lot more and became much more adventurous! I would still do the helmet again in a heart beat, but now I know this could happen if we have another kid that needs one.
  • Crawling here but no pulling up or cruising. She will stand holding on to something like the table for ages if I place her there. And she pulls to her knees. I'm not too worried even though she's one of the oldest on the board. It will come.
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

• DD1 did things so backwards and was either ahead or behind! She was pulling to standing and cruising at 7 months, crawling at 8 months, and rolling at 8 1/2 months! She walked at 11 1/2 months after cruising for 4- she just did not want to do it! There is such a wide range of normal, and not only that, but it is very normal for a chile to be ahead in something and behind in something else. DD1 was/still is behind in speech. She didn't babble at all (like completely silent) until 9 months. She also lost speech at around a year. I think she is FINALLY hitting her speech explosion now at 3years. But her motor skills are way ahead.

I wouldn't worry. I would only worry if he were consistently behind in every milestone.

Also, I don't know much about helmets. but DD1 was eval'd 3 x. The developmental pedi (the 3rd eval) said it is very common for a baby with medical problems to be behind in certain areas (DD1 had a lot of medical problems as a baby).

@crunchymama11‌ I have thought often that all of L's medical issues also may have contributed to this stuff. Helmet plus reflux plus NG tube didn't exactly help him get ahead! I'm really trying hard to relax about all of it though. Thanks. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"