Infertility

Back again! Second time on stims and I've been totally MIA. But my furry baby needed me.

Hello to all. I miss this thread and reading all of your posts, and I'm so happy to see so many people have got BFPs and moved in over. I can dream! DH and I are on day 5 of stims for an ET probably next Thursday. We are on our second retrieval cycle, as first was a little over a year ago and we got 7 beautiful day 5 embryos but only 2 BFP and both ended in CP, we had one fresh transfer and then 3 FET of 2 each time. So...,,yeah. I got a little discouraged. And we got a dog. We love love love our furry baby! Why didn't anyone tell me to get one! Oh wait. Everyone did. Never mind, So poor little bunny came to live with us as a 7 week old 7 lb german shepherd. Love at first site, 525,600 potty runs later, she was a bouncy happy shedding 35 lb ball of fur, muscle, and teeth. The unthinkable happened. She had her routine spay, and a careless vet accidentally occluded off her small intestine. For 6 days I tried to get my little bunny baby feeling better and eating and drinking and I watched her get sicker and sicker in front of my eyes. DH and I love her beyond any imagination, and if had her back to the vet on post op day 3, 5, and 6 to no avail. The doctor we saw felt as though I'm one of those "human nurses who thinks I know everything because I went to a few months at community college and now I am trying to tell a DOCTOR how to do his job". I left completely speechless with a completely decompensated animal and made phone call after phone call until I found a vet willing to see her on a Monday night at 8 pm. I brought her in and he did some X-rays and lab work and ultrasound and within 45 minutes he was making phone calls to get her emergency surgery STAT. So long story short, vet #2 took her to OR and within 15 minutes she was in cardiac arrest. She had a complete perforation and peritonitis and was in DIC. Vet #2 and his assistant did their damnedest and got her back and sewed up her insides. He called vet #1 and described his surgical findings. Vet #1 blamed dental floss. Yep, he said that nurse mother probably let the dog get into dental floss and that caused the occlusion. Vet 2 sent out tissue for pathology and rode in the back of a minivan with me and intubated dog to Cornell at 1 am. Cornell put her in ICU and did lots of tests. They gave her 4 blood transfusions. They gave her human albumin because they couldn't find enough canine albumin to save her. She spent almost 72 hours in ICU and said she had no blood flow below her kidneys. Things were not good. They had a vascular surgeon look at her and do angiogram, they gave me option of letting her die over the course of a few hours, euthanizing her, or trying one more surgery with a 25/75 shot at survival. I told them to go for it. Just let me in to hold her if she's dying. 8 hours. DH and I sat for 8 hours in a waiting room. The staff were f&$)ing awesome, every single person. They love what they do. After 8 hours, the assistant to the vascular surgery came out and said things were going well. At 10 hours, we were allowed in to see her. The vascular surgeon was sitting on the floor holding her, giving her a wet wash cloth to chew on, and letting her bark when she saw mommy and daddy. I knew it then- she was going to pull through. And sure as hell, she did. It was a long and tough recovery. She reacted to the blood products. She has short bowel syndrome. I learned to cook just exactly for what she needs and can metabolize. Oh and the best part? Guess what caused all the problems? Nylon sutures, used ONLY by Vet #1? They found them tied around loops of her small bowel and her mesenteric artery. Vet #1 f'ed up big time. Vet #2 couldn't find the majority of his errors because she was so depleted and had no blood flow. And my little bunny is alive and well and THRIVING! We got her through it. Vet #1 s practice manager contacted us and they assumed all financial responsibility for the $54,000 worth of Cornell canine critical care. We have since changed practices and she has her new local vet, Vet 2. Cornell graduated her last week (my dog is a summa cum laude graduate of Cornell!) and mommy the nurse (who by the way is a human ER NP and graduated magna from Penn, not community college, but screw you vet #1) and daddy the corrections officer have our sweet furry baby back at home and weighing her in at 58 lb yesterday. God may not have made our road to parenthood easy, but he sure made it interesting, and he added lots and lots of puppy kisses to our journey. We hope to make our furry baby a big sister soon. Well thanks for reading and I'm going to go shoot up on more follistim and menopur and get ready for a trip to shady grove in the morning. I hope to have a chance to share the journey with all of you and regroup and be support wherever I can.
Me- 35 Dx endo; DH- 33 no probs.
BFP#1 (totally a wonderful surprise)- 3/10/11. IUFD 6/25/11. 
TTC since 8/2011.
BFP#2- 11/1/11. EDD 7/6/12. Blighted ovum 12/1/11.

New OBGYN 12/2012- CD3 labs, SA, HSG normal. 
First RE appt 1/16/2013. Unexplained infertility. Lap planned. 

12/2012- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN 
1/2013- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN.

Lap 2/11/2013- Removed endo. 

3/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
4/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
5/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN

June 2013- Time for a new RE!

July 2013- We're in Shared Risk! Love my new RE!
August 2013- IVF#1- 14 R, 11F, transferred 1 perfect blast, 5 day 5 frosties= BFN.
Sept 2013- Let's get ready for FET October 7th ish!< transfer 2 embies 10/11/13.......BFP 10/18/13!!!!/div>

PAIF/SAIF and everyone is welcome. If I can make even one person's journey less painful, I will consider my experience here successful. Thank you to all for sharing their stories, the intimate details of their lives, their knowledge, and their hearts. I hope this experience changes me, always for the better.

Re: Back again! Second time on stims and I've been totally MIA. But my furry baby needed me.

• Welcome back! Your story is amazing and made me cry. So wonderful your fur baby made it through that ordeal. Hoping to see you over in the sweet peas!
    **Signature Warning**

Dx PCOS August 2012
    Clomid x4 = BFN
    Femara+Follistim IUIs x 6 = 3 BFN, 2 C/P, 1 early miscarriage
    IVF June 2014- 43 R, 34 M, 24 F, 12 blasts frozen and severe OHSS
    FET September 12, 2014!
    Beta #1 12dp5dt- 724
    Beta #2 14dp5dt- 1631
    Beta #3 20dp5dt- 12,813
    Pending EDD at first OB appointment 11/6. Grow babies grow!

"I might have to wait. I'll never give up. I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck. 
    Wherever you are, whenever it's right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life." ~ Michael Buble

• I'm so happy your pup is ok.  So amazing - that you pushed and pushed and got her the help she needed. Your pup is adorable.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome back! Glad your adorable fur baby is on the mend!
    TTC #1 since 2011 · Me (35, PCOS, AMA, abnormal eggs) and DH (47, MFI)
    2012-2013: 3 Clomid cycles, 3 IUIs, all BFNs
    IVF #1 January 2014: 14R/12M/9F 1 transferred, 3 frozen = BFN
    FET #1 March 2014: 1 transferred = BFFN · FET #2 May 2014: 2 transferred = BFFN
    IVF #2 June 2014: 24R/11M/10F 6 PGS tested: 1 normal embryo, 1 with no result
    FET #3 in March 2015: 2 transferred = BFFN
    imageimageimageimageimage
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • So glad your pup is ok. We got a fur baby recently and OMg what a lifestyle change!
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Wow!! What an amazing story! I had to hug my fur baby after reading it! He also had surgery when he was a pup from an intestinal blockage. I cried the whole way home after dropping him off at the emergency vet! Thank God your pup is ok! Our fur babies really get us through IF
    Me (27), DH (27) 1 fur baby
    TTC Sept '11
    Found ovarian cyst Sept '12
    surgery to remove cyst and diagnose endometriosis Jan '13
    Lupron injections Feb '13-July ' 13
    TTC on own July-November '13
    IUI #1 January '14-BFN
    IUI#2 February'14 cancelled due to not responding to Clomid
    IVF #1 cancelled 4/28/14 due to not responding to meds and not enough follicles
    IVF #2- BFP due May'15

• ky29ky29 member
    Oh my gosh - so glad your fur baby pulled through. What a scary experience.

On the ttc side of things - look like we may be on the same schedule. Started menopur and follistim Sunday! ER date on the calendar is Thursday.

Good luck!

TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
    Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
    Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
    Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
    Natural Cycles until IVF
    Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
    17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
    Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
    TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome back!  Glad your pup is doing well now!
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • Oh gosh, now I'm crying at work! I'm so glad to hear that your pup is OK now and that the vet assumed responsibility (eventually) for their actions. How terrible! Bunny is in good hands with you :)

Good luck with this cycle! Hopefully you'll be leaving us soon again ;)

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Welcome back! So glad your pup is ok!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Bunny is beautiful.  I'm so glad to hear that she's finally recovering.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow. Craziness.

I'm so glad your little furry one is okay now. That is some scary shit.

Best of luck with this cycle!
    **warning**
    Me (31), DH (33), one furbaby (7) - unexplained IF 
    hysteroscopy and polypectomy 2/14
    IVF #1 3/2014 - cancelled (early ovulation)
    IVF #1.2  ER 5/16/14: 23R 18F -  freeze all (12) due to concern for late onset OHSS 
    FET #1 in June - delayed due to thin lining, 7/18 SET (7.5 mm lining) resulted in chemical pregnancy
    FET #2 in Sept - 9/4 transferred 2 CCS tested embryos (6.5mm lining)
    9/13 beta #1 - 400, 9/15 beta #2 - 950, U/S 9/22 one gestational/yolk sac - next up 9/29
    3 frozen CCS tested embryos remaining
  • Jeez, that's crazy! Well, welcome back, and I hope this is your cycle!
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • That story definitely got me crying, so glad there was a happy ending. I'm a German shepherd mom too and I can't imagine going through all of that. Glad bunny is doing well!

Me: 32 DH: 37
    Married July 2012, TTC since July, 2012
    April, 2012: DH undergoes vasectomy reversal
    October, 2012: DH SA:  great count, slightly low motility
    February, 2013: first consultation with RE, all test normal, unexplained infertility
    September, 2014:  First IVF 1 embie transferred- BFN- but 9 little frosties waiting
    November, 2014- First FET 2 embies transferred- BFN

March, 2015- Second FET 3 embies transferred- SUCCESS!  EDD- 11/25/15

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"