Baby Names

Too close? Charlie and Caroline or Charlotte

I mostly lurk, but I wanted opinions.  We are team green for #3 due this fall.  We already have a Charles (Charlie), and Caroline and Charlotte are both on the list for baby #3.  I've pretty much ruled out Charlotte due to the Charlie nickname (which drives me nuts on a girl).  Is Caroline too close as well?  I know they are both feminine versions of Charles. 

We already have an Eve (Evie).  Feel free to throw out other suggestions.  The only other name we both like right now is Kate.  We have a 4 syllable Italian last name with lots of vowels.  Names I love that we can't use or have been vetoed: Clara, Sadie, Paige, Claire, Ellie, Grace, Audrey, Emily, Sophia, Hazel, Maeve.  I vetoed Samantha, Gabriella and Noelle.   

Re: Too close? Charlie and Caroline or Charlotte

• I like Caroline and I don't think it's too close to Charlie/Charles. But I also really like Kate. I do think Charlotte is too close to Charles.
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• When I was pregnant with Baby #1 and team green, I asked this question as well b/c we love Charles and Caroline and I wanted to find out if I could use them as siblings.  The majority said yes.  I think they're different enough.  Charlotte, however, is way too close.

What about: Elizabeth, Cora, Ann(e), Jane, Christine/a or Margaret?  I grew up with a four-syllable Greek last name and my sisters and I had easy names.  I think that helped.  :)

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I know Charlotte is out.  I guess I am just having trouble letting it go!  I was more curious about Caroline.  Thanks for the suggestions, I think it's back to the drawing board!
  • I probably wouldn't go for Caroline. I do like Catherine/Kate. Suggestions, Charles, Eve and:
    Willa
    Jane
    Fiona
    Lucy
    Vera
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Catherine would be my vote.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• I vote Kate!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Honestly, the only thing that would deter me from Charolotte is the NN Charlie. Otherwise, I personally don't think Charlotte and Charles are bad together... however that being said, I would probably gear it more towards twins.
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"