High-Risk Pregnancy

Any moms or moms to be with Chiari Malformations?

I found out about mine just months before conceiving, due to an MRI of my brain when symptoms started after a bad car accident in January.  I'm curious if any other moms or moms to be have it as well?  Have you had the decompression surgery?  How are you, or have you, given birth?  

I have not had the decompression surgery so I think the current consensus is CS under general anesthesia for me.  Just curious about other's experiences.
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any moms or moms to be with Chiari Malformations?

• My daughter has type 2 chiari malformation. She had decompression at 6 months and had relief right away. Over all great experience with decompression
  • Hi!  Lurking here and saw your post.  I have a Type I Chiari.  Incidental finding on a MRI when I was having migraines.  I had my baby last year by c-section under general anesthesia.  It wasn't my dream birth, but it was safe and it all turned out fine.  The anesthesia group at my hospital had me go for a neurology consult and the Neurologist said I should do the general.  Good luck!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Heath&Jas Thanks!  I think that's my plan as well.  I've just been stressing about it so much.  I hope everything goes well!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi, lurking tonight and I saw this. my mother in law has chiari and two boys. Pm me if you have questions, maybe I can help.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"