Baby Showers

Baby shower

So I guess so would wonder what you guys would do in this situation. My friend is hosting my baby shower and I'm hosting it with her unknowingly to the guests. Partially cause she wants my help and partially cause I'm paying for half of it. So it will be co ed as my best friend is a guy and my husband wants to be involved. My mother is very old fashioned and is crying over that as well as not being able to host my shower. Idk what to say to her. She does not want anything to do with my pregnancy or child then pulls that crap. And I'm not a bad person or anything like that. My mom is just the person in my life that has never supported anything I do. So please before I get all the comments about being tacky... I want to know what you would do.

Re: Baby shower

• I wouldn't host my own shower.
  • dufferoodufferoo member
    edited August 2014
    Why don't you just tell your mom that you heard it was tacky for a family member to host a baby shower, so instead of letting her do it, you are doing it yourself ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • If you care about her opinion, maybe you could talk to your friend and see if he has an issue with your Mom co-hosting the shower and if not then give him her contact information. If he can't afford to pay for your shower then he shouldn't host it anyway. My best friend also hosted my shower, along with my Mother and it turned out beautifully. Maybe this could work for you as well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • ArgyleBrideArgyleBride member
    edited August 2014

My mother is very old fashioned and is crying over that as well as not being able to host my shower

She can't be both. An old-fashioned mother would never host her own daughter's shower. I can't really help you. I don't know your mother so I don't know how you can talk to her. Best guess, just reiterate that you hear her but things aren't changing. Maybe "Mom, I know how you feel about x, but we are moving forward with it and I hope you can accept that even though it's not what you would do."

Edit hilarious Autocorrect
  • sschwegesschwege member
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to go ahead and call MUD, her screen name alone speaks volumes!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"