September 2012 Moms

Wednesday What-Have-You's!

Re: Wednesday What-Have-You's!

• Daycare just called, Ethan has a 101 degree fever. Damn.
  • thebanich said:
    pharmer78 said:
    thebanich said:
    We were sitting and talking and his little face just got sadder and sadder. Eventually he just looked down at the floor and this ginormous tear quietly fell down. My mom and I both saw it hit the carpet. So of course I teared up and so did the teacher.

I just want to go get him and hug him so tight. I keep tearing up thinking about his little face.

OK this makes me cry too.  I hate those days, and more than once have cried in my car in the daycare parking lot.

I cried most of the way to work. It seems silly because I leave him with my mom everyday. I just feel like I have betrayed him. Which is ridiculous.

It's so hard in the beginning, but he will adjust fast. He's going to make friends and have fun. I'm convinced this stuff is ultimately harder on us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • This afternoon is dragging! I'm getting a lot done, but seriously, can we fast forward to 5? I'm about to eat lunch Part 2 just to shake things up a bit.

DS starts swimming lessons tonight. He's been so excited about this, but then this morning he says, "Mommy, what if the teacher makes me put my face underwater?!" Um, pretty sure she's going to, so I really hope he's not going to freak out.

• DH went to small claims court yesterday to sue our old property manager for trying to withhold our entire $900 security deposit to replace damaged 9 year old flooring.  He had a binder full of pictures and evidence supporting our claim that the flooring had used up its usable life before we moved in, and they can't charge us for new flooring if we damaged flooring that had already depreciated in value.  He put so much time into that case, and practiced it over and over ahead of time, even timing himself.

Well, he ended up settling instead of having the judge make a ruling.  He then immediately regretted it, because he settled for $700 instead of the amount that he had decided ahead of time would be his bottom line.  It's a small enough amount that the whole thing was probably not worth his time to pursue.  I'm trying to be supportive, but I'm also a little annoyed he didn't stick to his guns and actually argue his case. 

No plans for labor day, other than to shop more than I should.  I really need a new dress for a wedding in Oct.
  • My colleague's wife just had a baby 3 weeks ago. We got word yesterday one of our biggest clients unexpectedly passed away yesterday. He was 58. Complete shock. So colleague will be going to the funeral. It's 5+ hours away. Colleague says yesterday, "Well I guess DW and DS will be making the trip with me." I kind of looked confused. They have 2 other children ages 5, 2.5 plus a nanny who comes to the house daily for the younger 2. I said why would they go? Apparenty she couldn't handle the children for one night. Seriously? I totally get that 3 kids is no picnic but to drag your 3 week old baby on a 10+ car ride round trip and a hotel seems so dumb to me. Please keep in mind her parents live right next door to them so if she was indeed overwhelmed after just being with the newborn her parens can help. I feel like they can't do anything on their own without making it some huge circus. She barely spends time with the other 2 kids they have. I have no idea why I care either.

• BPerBPer member

Fangirl here: I just got my Bobby Bones/ Raging Idiots tickets for free!  I'm SO EXCITED!

I think you overpaid.

• hmp1 said:
    I started my Labor shopping spree early with the 45% off code on Gap last night. Now I have the shopping bug, this might be a dangerous week.
    I love it when you shop :)

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• pharmer78 said:
    thebanich said:
    We were sitting and talking and his little face just got sadder and sadder. Eventually he just looked down at the floor and this ginormous tear quietly fell down. My mom and I both saw it hit the carpet. So of course I teared up and so did the teacher.

I just want to go get him and hug him so tight. I keep tearing up thinking about his little face.

OK this makes me cry too.  I hate those days, and more than once have cried in my car in the daycare parking lot.

This made me tear up too. Poor mama, I bet he has fun the rest of the day :)

Little Sprout Blog

• AlinnJo said:

I am SO relieved. Just got home from my Dr appointments. Baby is healthy measuring 8 weeks 6 days with a HB of 175. The cute little thing was moving and wiggling a ton!!! My dr knows I want a vbac so she changed my due date to April 4 so I'd have a little more time to go into labor naturally. At this office they don't induce with pitocin or let you go over your due date for vbac patients. So I'm so excited she is being so supportive! And YAY for a healthy baby!!!

Im so happy for you!
  • AlinnJo said:
    I am SO relieved. Just got home from my Dr appointments. Baby is healthy measuring 8 weeks 6 days with a HB of 175. The cute little thing was moving and wiggling a ton!!! My dr knows I want a vbac so she changed my due date to April 4 so I'd have a little more time to go into labor naturally. At this office they don't induce with pitocin or let you go over your due date for vbac patients. So I'm so excited she is being so supportive! And YAY for a healthy baby!!!
    Hooray!  What a great appointment!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• AlinnJo said:
    Great news! I'm glad you got to see your little baby moving and shaking :)

Little Sprout Blog

• BPer said:
    Fangirl here: I just got my Bobby Bones/ Raging Idiots tickets for free!  I'm SO EXCITED!
    I think you overpaid.
    I know...   >:D<  Can we still be friends though?

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• So I watched the "Shake it Off" video. I think I'm now dumber, but I admit it's a catchy tune.

• harti09 said:

What made it even worse (or more bizarre), was this play date was a 'make and take' thing. Each mom brought an ingredient from a recipe and we left with a fully constructed casserole for dinner.

Not a single ingredient was organic.
    That sounds like a really fun play date! Well, minus the one mom. It's cool that you have something to go to like that.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Daycare just called, Ethan has a 101 degree fever. Damn.

Poor Buddy :(. I hope he feels better fast!
  • @AlinnJo‌ Yay!!! That's great news!
  • Guess who wore white capri's to work, sans underwear (couldn't find my nude pair) and started her period...awesome! :((

• melody921 said:
    harti09 said:
    We just got home from a play date with the MOMs group I'm part of. The host pulled out a nice little spread of grapes, cheese, and crackers for the kids to snack from.

One mom says "Are those all organic?" The answer was no.

Organic mom made a disappointed sigh and follows with "Well, I guess he just won't eat then."

Excuse me? My jaw literally dropped. Everyone else paused for a second too. It was so awkward. 
    Wow, if you want your kid to have an organic snack, I guess you'd better pack your own. Would she have preferred organic candy? That would be the last damn time I'd invite her to play group.
    This.  And I would have given her a long squinty eyed look to make her feel like the ass she is.

• Pokedot said:
    Guess who wore white capri's to work, sans underwear (couldn't find my nude pair) and started her period...awesome! :((
    There are no words....

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Pokedot said:
    Guess who wore white capri's to work, sans underwear (couldn't find my nude pair) and started her period...awesome! :((
    O.M.G.  Hugs to you girlfriend.

• AlinnJo said:
    Yay, this makes me so excited for you. I'm glad your doctor is being so great about your VBAC desires, too!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Pokedot said:

Ohhhhh noooo! :(
  • Pokedot said:

Oh no, that sucks!

• I just love titted my way thru this thread. Colby refused a nap all day. He was falling asleep standing up then screamed for 20 mins when I put him to bed. It's bed time for this tired mama

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • melody921 said:
    So I watched the "Shake it Off" video. I think I'm now dumber, but I admit it's a catchy tune.
    I love it and I am a Taylor Swift hater.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Life is just crazy right now. 

MH and I had a talk about that issue I spoke to you ladies about a few weeks ago and we have decided on a divorce.  We filed a couple weeks ago, so there is that.  My new job is pretty great. School started Monday for me, but I'm just taking one class so that's pretty sweet.  I'm still working my second job on the weekends.  The first nanny I hired a couple weeks ago quit on the first day and said it was too overwhelming for her, and now I have another nanny hired that seems to be doing awesome. Fingers crossed that this one works out!  My two oldest start 1st and 2nd grade next Tuesday and they are stoked.  I am excited to take them shopping this weekend for the last of their school supplies. I feel good despite the level of busy and changes in my life.  I've lost some weight over it but I think I'm holding it together pretty well.  I bought an agenda book today to keep everything in the world organized so that's a bonus.  Lol.  I miss being on here.  :)

Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • My house officially hit the market monday night, and the sign went out today! Unfortunately DH leaves for Singapore Friday morning for a week (9 days). It should be interesting keeping it all tidy.
    Good luck with selling!  :) 
  • I just love titted my way thru this thread. Colby refused a nap all day. He was falling asleep standing up then screamed for 20 mins when I put him to bed. It's bed time for this tired mama
    Dexter is doing the screaming thing, too.  It is so frustrating.  I know he's exhausted.  I'm like, just give it up kid!
  • Pokedot said:
    :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"