Breastfeeding

Oh the stress!!! (UPDATE)

edited August 2014 in Breastfeeding
Update: 
So I think it might be my PISA! I'm going to call up customer support. 

I have a Medela Freestyle from my first baby that I use now as my "travel" pump. I'm using it today and got way more output even though I previously found that I got more from my PISA than my Freestyle! Today I pumped 18 ounces again with my Freestyle!

It's that or my schedule... i pumped on a different schedule (out of neccesity) than I usually do. Could that impact output? My second pump was around 2 instead of 12. 

-----
I'm in awe of those of you who EP! This is just so hard! I tried to EP for my first and just couldn't do it for many reasons including that i hate pumping!

The time around, i have been able to BF directly which has helped me last this long. Plus in the beginning i had an oversupply and responded so well to the pump.

NOW I DON"T and it's just so stressful!! I try not to look a the bottles until my timer rings and just now I looked down expected 4-5 ounces to find 2.5!! My heart sank. This is just so stressful!

I eat a lactation cookie everymorning and have started drinking mothers milk tea throughout the day but neither seem to be halping me any right now. I went from pumping 18oz a day in 45 min to 12 in 60 minutes!

I eat enough (i think) and drink plenty of water plus those supplements but i just don't seem to be able to pump as much anymore. 

I can't help but wonder if part of it is because LO drains me more when he drinks in the morning and i never quite recover from that (My first pump is 1-2 ounces less than it used to be). But still... 

Sorry, i know I'm venting but it's really frustrating. Is he a year old yet? I need to hit that one year mark!! (want to hit it and then drop pumping but continue BF'ing...)

If you started fenugreek, how and when did you start it? How much did you take?

Thanks!
Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 

Re: Oh the stress!!! (UPDATE)

• Thanks! yea pumping at work and nursing when home with LO. 

I'll try changing the membrains but they are only a few weeks old. Could any other part fail? The machine itself sounds normal. 

I'll try watching videos again.... I miss my oversupply!!
  • Thanks! I'll try to listen to "hear" holes in the tubing next time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! one hour total right now. I've tried power pumping but its hard for me to find time to pump when i'm home. LO will pretty much flip out if i'm not with him for more then 5-10 minutes at a time when home and he still likes to snack every few minutes at home. Maybe i can sneak a few in at work next week.
  • SerenlaSerenla member
    edited August 2014
    I had the same power pumping issue, I snuck in a few sessions during lunch and after DS went to bed, it helped get my supply back up.

Eta Also if I skip my prenatals my supply drops.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How old is your LO? I hear ya on trying not to focus on your output while pumping. I noticed about 2 months after LO dropped her MOTN feed that my morning supply dropped so I think some of my supply drop at 8 months is due to my body producing less milk overnight. I also wonder if DD is draining me at home in the morning, but I guess we'll never know!

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
    BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!
  • I'm having the same anxiety the last few days at work :( 

i went from pumping at least 4 ounces total a session to 3. i know it doesn't seem like a big difference but LO gets 4 oz bottles at DC.  so yeah i'm having same anxiety now too...

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is 6 months old and yeah i used to wake up VERY full in the morning (even if he nursed at night) but no regardless of hwo many times he wakes up, i'm never quite as full and then he pretty much drains me first thing in the morning.

So vs. 8 oz in the morning i 4 or 5 (a few times more but it's rare) and that seems to set the tone for the day LOL
  • Looking at pictures and videos of your baby while you are pumping can help
  • Ack!! Don't pump for an hour, it so hard on your boobs! I'm sorry it's so stressful right now :(. You sort of max pumping output at about 20 min and pumping beyond that isn't so great. Try a few days of pumping more frequently and staying well hydrated.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Thanks for the tips everyone! And no... I do 3 20 - min pumping sessions. Not one session for 60 minutes :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"