August 2014 Moms

SO back at work?

My DH went back to work today and DS isn't even 2 weeks yet. I thought I would be OK on my own, I had been doing so well the last few days and recovering from my c-section. But as the day has gone on the baby blues have set in and I'm teary and emotional.

Anyone else got this? Did talking to you SO help?

Re: SO back at work?

• I had a really easy birth so no recovery like a c/s. But BF was back to work our second day in the hospital. I'm teary some days but overall know that you CAN do it. Since he needed to be back at work I didn't have a choice but to do it alone right away. I'm sure having him help for two weeks and then leave is hard. Youll find a routine and it'll be okay! Good luck!
  • Same as PP. I had a vaginal birth and pretty easy recovery and I don't know what a c/s is like. DH was only able to take 2 days off and he's back to working away. It's kinda stressful in the evening when DD needs me too but we have gotten a pretty good rhythm going here. You will find your groove. don't be too hard on yourself! Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Loading the player...
  • I had a vaginal birth. FI went back 5 days after birth. With LO in the nicu and family hassling me about LO i had a difficult time. I had anxiety really bad. Now that we're 3 weeks in I'm feeling better and I feel like i can and will get through today (and the week). I had to get myself in a routine and sleep when I could.

Also when I did get anxious i let FI know. He's very good at taking responsibility/ helping where he can ect.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • DH had 2 weeks off but had to go in here and there during his leave.  Luckily my parents are amazing and have basically spent some of every day over the past 5 weeks at my house and/or have taken the 3 year old out when I need a break from him. 

Ditto pp - try to get outside.  I realize it takes awhile with c/s recovery, but as soon as you feel up to short walks it will make you feel so much better.

• I had a c-section on the 13th and my FI went back on the 18th. We also have a menagerie of animals that need taken care of. I was overwhelmed, sore, and did waaaaaaay too much too soon (up and down stairs to do laundry, cleaning litter boxes, doing dishes, etc). It sucked, but you can totally do it.
  • My husband went back to work the day our son came home from special care, it was really crappy timing, but I had my mom and other family members for quite a few days. 

I found talking to adults helped. 
  • Thanks ladies. Its good to know a little bit of a breather and then pushing thru for the day until DH gets home can make all the difference. I did a few things like wash bottles and a small load of laundry after eating a little lunch. The c-section pains come and go I have been lucky for the most part. Thanks for the encouragement :)
  • I am in the same boat. It was my DH first day back at work and the water works were out in full force. I think finding a routine will really help and allowing myself more time to recover. I keep wanting to push myself and do more, but I need to give myself time to heal from the Csection. Be easy on yourself and let yourself cry if you need to (I am working to take my own advise :))
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @shan527‌ I figure if we have days where we only get the baby and us fed then that's OK too. I don't realize my limits from the c-section until its too late!
    I did shed some tears. Snuggled DS then had a snack. Sometimes that's all it takes to feel better.
  • DH went back to work yesterday. My mom came to help me bc I can't lift DD yet. DH is working from home to be able help me lift DD in and out of the crib and high chair, etc.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH went back to work today, my mom came to stay the night since he has duty his first day back of course (will be gone 24hours overnight), and naturally I didn't realize today was the day I had DS1 scheduled for dental work. Mom helps a ton with DS1, and I needed the extra hands at the dentist today because they don't allow other kids in the exam room, so she had to hold the baby.

OP- I remember feeling overwhelmed after having my first, get outside, open the blinds, talk to other adults, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. It does get easier.
  • I remember I was really overwhelmed when dh went back to work after dd was born. I ugly cried several times that day. This time around it's not as bad, just takes longer to do things. It also helps that DS slept pretty good last night so I'm not exhausted. Just let things go. Cleaning and cooking can wait. Get takeout or delivery and just veg out on the couch.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"