October 2012 Moms

Tuesday

What's everyone up to?
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Tuesday

• CnAnACnAnA member
    edited August 2014
    Im still in bed. Husband's alarm wwnt off an hour early and I cant get back to sleep.

So apparently my kid was asleep by 7:30 last night. Dude. She was a sleepy baby!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't find my keys. This is so frustrating.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • So - back from vacation.  It was great just me and hubby - left kids with my parents.  I think I figured out a schedule now that DS1 is in kindergarten.  It worked well yesterday.  The major problem is he is use to napping but won't nap if DS2 is awake ds2 has to nap while he is in school.  So DS1 is ridiculously over tired by 7pm but we can't eat dinner until 6:30 because of work schedule.  DS1 took a "rest" yesterday and that got us to 7:45 without a major melt down.DS2 is starting preschool on Tuesday next week so that will really mess things up I'm sure.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @DuckOBX614 FFTC: Alice is flipped for all intents and purposes. She is still RF in Husband's car but now we are in my truck most of the time and she is FF. Just started like last week though. Shes 2 a month from today.

Oct Angel Babies
  • I am so tired this morning. LO did not sleep well plus I am starting to feel the pregnancy symptoms this week. Nap time might be early today!
  • I'm here working today but I would rather be at home sleeping. Wesley finally went down last night a little after 10 and then was up screaming at 1130 and then back down at 2am.  I may try tylenol tonight as I am suspecting his back molars are poking through. I thought I saw some whit poking through earlier when he was screaming.

• Right there with you @DuckOBX614‌

• @DuckOBX614 I just flipped Wesley this weekend as well.  I had to borrow my moms car for the week while mine is being fixed and I couldn't get the car seat to install safely rear facing in her car so I switched him and he is a whole different child in the car now. There was no screaming on the way to daycare or the way home.

• I have two key rings (one for my truck and one for the house. Too many keys!) And a wristlet as my purse. I just got the dual hook command hook and stuck it by the door. I hang all 3 on that hook. And my diaper bag hangs on an over the door hook on the door. I freaking love it!

Oct Angel Babies
  • My position is that it's your child your choice, but mine isn't being turned until he reaches the maximum weight limit or turns four. Here's why:

https://csftl.org/why-rear-facing-the-science-junkies-guide/
    https://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx
  • @piffley I was wondering where you were.
  • I am dying my hair. And have made a huge mess. Next time I will have my husband dye it for me.
  • CnAnACnAnA member
    edited August 2014
    I agree that it is absolutely safest. I am all for extended RF. I wish she fit safely in my truck RF. But she doesnt. When she RF, I cant see my side mirror, and I also can't use the gearshift without scooting her car seat cockeyed. Husband's car doesn't handle well in the snow, so frankly she is safer in my truck when it snows. And yes, I could still be driving the car until the snow flies but I need to get the feel for my big truck as opposed to his little car before bad weather.

If I had an SUV or van or something, she would still be RF. But since we have zero dollars to buy a different car, we work with what we've got.

Oct Angel Babies
  • My kid is currently snacking on French's onions you know the crunchy onions you put on a green bean casserole.. Weirdo.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Frenchs onions are delicious. That is all.
  • When we had our car seat checked when DS1 was little by the police department, they told me you shouldn't be able to get fingers in between the straps of the harness. That's how tight it should be. We never kept it all that loose but that is super tight. So I pull those straps hard to get my boys strapped in really well.

My cousin turned her DD FF at 15 months and keeps those straps really loose. I keep hinting at adjusting it but she doesn't listen to me.

• Alice loves Little Einsteins. Suddenly today she is actively patting to help rev up Rocket and jumping and yelling "BLAST OFF!!!!" It's pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Oct Angel Babies
  • I am back from visiting my family for a few weeks.  Really busy.  Mom was in the hospital, took DD to Sesame Place, went to six flags with my sister and helped her pack and move into college, DH's grandmother is in the hospital not doing well, just...a lot going on.  Plus now that I am home I am starting my job search in earnest. 
  • Still rfing here, but no judgement from me. 

Does it bother anyone else that Doc McStuffins always leaves the front door wide open when she goes out to play?? Wth.

• Anyone have experience with hand foot & mouth? K has had a fever for a couple days but no other symptoms until this afternoon. Tiny red bumps on her hands feet and lower lip. I called the pedi and there isn't much they can do so we'll wait it out. Who's had it? How bad was it?

• So I heard back from a photographer that does budoir and is really talented. $700 (and that's a special price for booking before labor day.) Goodness, that would break the bank!

• @BabyCarryingVessel‌ when wesley had hanf foot and mouth he had the rash and a small fever but he acted normal otherwise. His rash went away after a few days. His pedi said to give him benydrle if he was itchy. I also had to keep him home from daycare for a week until the rash was gone.

Hope she feels better soon

• So A has had a 100 degree fever all day. I held off on Tylenol because she was acting ok. But after her afternoon nap, she started acting like she just really didnt feel good. So I gave her a dose. That was about an hour ago. It hasn't moved at all. She's acting a little better but it concerns me that the fever didn't budge.

Also my nephew who I hung out with last night (and shared popcorn, candy, and a soda with) woke up puking this morning. So that's super exciting...

Oct Angel Babies
  • Today was my day off. I babysat my SILs 3 kids. 5 kids, 3 of them under 2 is a lot. Thankfully the older 2 just played video games w SS and I basically just had to entertain my 2 and a two year old, and she was surprisingly well behaved. But still. I'm exhausted.
  • Hf&m sucked. I mean Norah didn't do awful with it but the sores just looked so painful and the rash on her booty lingered forever . Now, one of the kids at her daycare is losing her fingernails and toe nails. One of Norah's looks like it might fall off now. Didn't seem to bother Norah but makes me sad :(

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• How's the show pumpkins at your state fair? ;) this wasnt even a record breaker!

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2014/08/26/giant-pumpkin-tips-the-scales/

Oct Angel Babies
  • So I heard back from a photographer that does budoir and is really talented. $700 (and that's a special price for booking before labor day.) Goodness, that would break the bank!
    I assume this is a gift for your husband, but what about, as part of the gift, he gets to take the photos? It's a really intimate experience, and he gets to decide how the photos look.

I've had nekkid pics done by a professional, and then by my husband, and they were very different experiences for me.

My husband absolutely loved being the photographer, and it was a huge part of the experience for him. I think he was touched by the set done by the photographer, because it was a surprise etc, but he looooves the photos he took, because he was involved, and because nobody else saw his wife in the nud that time.

(It seems I can't say naked or nude.)
  • Anyone have experience with hand foot & mouth? K has had a fever for a couple days but no other symptoms until this afternoon. Tiny red bumps on her hands feet and lower lip. I called the pedi and there isn't much they can do so we'll wait it out. Who's had it? How bad was it?
    Sawyer had it back in Feb.  He wouldn't eat anything other than pureed baby food and Popsicles.  We ended up making lots of smoothies.  Our pedi said once the spots show up you are near the end.  Good luck!!

• I am back from visiting my family for a few weeks.  Really busy.  Mom was in the hospital, took DD to Sesame Place, went to six flags with my sister and helped her pack and move into college, DH's grandmother is in the hospital not doing well, just...a lot going on.  Plus now that I am home I am starting my job search in earnest. 

I was at sesame Monday and six flags yesterday!! Were you!??

• @stephcarter I was at Sesame Friday and six flags last tuesday and wednesday (my mom got a season pass for my nephew- he ended up never using it so passed it on to me).  

We are going to Sesame again sept 13th as long as the weather is good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"