September 2012 Moms

Face Sunscreen recs

Jasper's face breaks out in awful hives when we put sunscreen on. I wash it off as soon as we come in, and he's still getting them. I've tried all of the front runners-- copper tone (though just the regular sunscreen-- not one formulated for just faces), banana boat, etc. I've tried Super Goop as well (it's a mineral based and organic...fancy lol) and it made him break out the worst. Any suggestions? He doesn't break out anywhere else, just his face, and other than this issue I wouldn't say he has sensitive skin. TIA!

Re: Face Sunscreen recs

• I always use the face sunscreen on their faces or their eyes water and seem to burn. I use Banana Boat or Coppertone.
  • We've used the Babyganics sunscreen and Neutrogena baby (both from target) with no issues. Right now we're using Thinkbaby, which we got from whole foods and I like it a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Just Skin Food on E (I actually love all of their products). It's rated a 0 on the EWG website, and it's about as natural as you can get. E doesn't have sensitive skin, but my niece is a fair-skinned redhead with allergies, and it has been fine on her, as well! Blue Lizard Baby is also a good choice, and didn't aggravate her eczema when she was younger. GL!

• MRoxy0628 said:
    We've used the Babyganics sunscreen and Neutrogena baby (both from target) with no issues. Right now we're using Thinkbaby, which we got from whole foods and I like it a lot.
    Neutrogena is what I use, so L uses that for the face too. She hasn't seemed to have any issues with Babyganics either, but I don't use that one as often. She has ridiculously sensitive skin, just like me. Poor kid.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    James has sensitive skin and we use Honest.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I use Blue Lizard for DD's entire body, including her face. She has pretty sensitive skin, and we haven't had any problems.

• We swear by ombrelle. The make a baby and a faces version, in addition to the regular kind. DS and I have never had any issues with our sensitive skin. Just a thought those, is it possible that he is sensitive to the metals in the sunscreen? I tend to have a reaction is I use anything over 45 spf, due to the zinc content.
  • We swear by ombrelle. The make a baby and a faces version, in addition to the regular kind. DS and I have never had any issues with our sensitive skin. Just a thought those, is it possible that he is sensitive to the metals in the sunscreen? I tend to have a reaction is I use anything over 45 spf, due to the zinc content.
    I really have no idea what it is in the sunscreens that's making him break out. He only gets the hives on his face, even though I wash him as soon as we come inside. I'm just hoping to find something that works for him without having to go through allergy testing, since he doesn't seem to be sensitive to anything else or really have any other allergies. I may have to use a lower SPF more often, though. Thanks for the thought :)
  • jessk86 said:

We swear by ombrelle. The make a baby and a faces version, in addition to the regular kind. DS and I have never had any issues with our sensitive skin. Just a thought those, is it possible that he is sensitive to the metals in the sunscreen? I tend to have a reaction is I use anything over 45 spf, due to the zinc content.

I really have no idea what it is in the sunscreens that's making him break out. He only gets the hives on his face, even though I wash him as soon as we come inside. I'm just hoping to find something that works for him without having to go through allergy testing, since he doesn't seem to be sensitive to anything else or really have any other allergies. I may have to use a lower SPF more often, though. Thanks for the thought :)

You're welcome! Hope you find something that works for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"