December 2013 Moms

dryer balls

Anyone use them? Where did you get them? Parenting had posts where they say it cuts dryer time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: dryer balls

• Following... Because my dryer is ancient and sucks. I'll do anything to cut down dryer time. Does this eliminate the need for dryer sheets? Cause I'm cheap.
  • Woolzies are great, I got them on amazon. We don't use dryer sheets at all anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The ones I used to use beat the shit out of my clothes and I swear the clothes faded faster. 
  • themole said:

image We got these from Target. We don't use dryer sheets when we do pop these in the dryer. I don't know if they cut down on drying time, but we still like them.

What do you like about them?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @74dragonfly‌ sorry.... I don't want to thread jack but I'm assuming you may want to know the answer to this too....
    Do any of these balls make a bunch of noise? I put tennis balls in the dryer when I wash my down coat and it's soooooo loud!
  • So I have these wool balls that I use in the dryer. They cut down dryer time on smart dryers that turn off when it detects your clothes are dry. Sometimes mine predicts 45 mins when I start a normal load but stops after 30 with the balls. I guess it soaks up moisture and creates space between the clothes so they dry easier.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ltpugs said:
    Do any of these balls make a bunch of noise?
    The wool ones we have make noise if I'm only drying a couple things because they bounce around a lot.  If I have a full load of clothes in there, you can't hear them.
  • I found this online.. Incase you're like me and have too much yarn sitting in your house!
    https://www.diynatural.com/how-to-make-wool-dryer-balls/
  • Its super easy to make your own and way cheaper, especially if you use a coupon to buy yarn. Just be sure to buy wool yarn that is NOT washable, or it won't felt. Wrap it into a ball and wash on hot and put through the dryer til it felts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"